Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nerina Yep, that does look like an issue with CFR / PyTK. If removing those temporarily fixes the error, the mod page is the best place to ask. (This thread is mainly for compatibility updates, not bug fixes.)

• netish

netish Void-Bound Voyager

So here's your problem(s):
      Found mod-provided API (CustomFarmingRedux.CustomFarmingReduxAPI).
      Json Assets Faulty season requirements for Rice Seeds! Fixed season requirements: z winter
      Json Assets Faulty season requirements for Tea Seeds! Fixed season requirements: z winter
      Json Assets Faulty season requirements for Honeysuckle Starter! Fixed season requirements: z fall/z winter
      Json Assets Faulty season requirements for Coal Seeds! Fixed season requirements: z fall/z winter
      Json Assets Loading stuff early (loading)
      Json Assets No idea what 'Zucchini' is!
      Recovering sprite batch from error...
      An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      (Custom Farming Redux)

Pathoschild likes this.
      • nerina

nerina Master Chief

@Pathoschild oh okay thx, sorry for posting in the wrong forum
        @netish ah okay... so it's CFR ? thx :) for the help

netish likes this.
        • netish

@nerina it might not be specifically that CFR has a problem - it's that CFR is not hooking with PyTK right - the seeds I noted have season specification issues, zucchini is missing some hooks somehow, and the ultimate error that is crashing it is a failure to fetch the sprites (images) of some of the items from CFR - but the images aren't bad - just not being fetched right.

nerina likes this.
          • nerina

nerina Master Chief

@netish so is that considered as a bug? I have posted it on Nexus (at the CFR page) but as i seen so far the author hasnt been around since last January... For now I should avoid using the machine I guess. Coz basically the crash happened more often when i used the machine tools (the artisan good valley tools). Yesterday i try to play it without using the machine and it was running smoothly. I just hope Platonymus can check it soon.

Thx again for the reply :)

• netish

Yeah basically a simple way of putting it is - CFR and PyTK are not communicating properly and those items I listed are where they are getting confused. It most likely has to do with how one or the other updated is different from how the other updated...does that make sense?

• nerina

nerina Master Chief

@netish I guess :) will try to avoid using the artisan machine goods for now. thx alot

• Ambsace

Ambsace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, first time here so, I suppose @Pathoschild ? SMAPI recently updated to 2.11.1, and with that update I now get a message saying that SMAPI has skipped loading mods and I get this line:
                  [SMAPI] - Skill Prestige 1.2.4-unofficial.2-pathoschild because it's no longer compatible. Please check for a new version at https://mods.smapi.io

Thank you for all that you contribute to the community and have a good day.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Ambsace

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Skill Prestige has an un-noted mod requirement. It needs to have Luck Skill to work properly.

• Ambsace

That is... bizarre. I've played with Skill Prestige prior to the latest SMAPI update and the unofficial update. I never used Luck Skill. Since when has Skill Prestige required Luck Skill?

I say this now that I downloaded Luck Skill, loaded SV with it, and now the error line isn't there. It looks like it has loaded. I am utterly mystified.

• Mizzion

No clue when, but I remember needing to download it while I was trying the mod out.

• KALIBAM

KALIBAM Void-Bound Voyager

• netish

That's so weird - I have used luck skill for a while but didn't find out about skill prestige till recently. And luck skill worked fine without - although it did look to see if skill prestige was present and sent up a notification that it wasn't. It ran just fine without though, and now I run both together and have no issue.

• glossiers

glossiers Void-Bound Voyager

has anyone updated kisekae?

• netish

yep it's been updated, link here

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@glossiers @netish The official version of Kisekae on Nexus doesn't work, but there's an unofficial update.

@Ambsace @netish Skill Prestige accesses Luck Skill (but Luck Skill works fine without Skill Prestige). It may have worked without Luck Skill in SMAPI 2.5.2 or earlier (which didn't automatically detect broken mods) by depending on implementation details in the way assemblies are loaded in .NET Framework. That's pretty fragile though, so I wouldn't want to just make that work again. I'll look into reworking how it accesses Luck Skill in the next unofficial update instead.

• Mizzion

• netish

Oh oops my bad, I forgot about that >_< sorry glossiers!
                                  Also, huh that makes sense about Skill Prestige...well regardless I love both the mods, thanks for your hard work Pathoschild!

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.