Modding Help Custom Furniture Question

Discussion in 'Mods' started by hollowlaughter, Mar 16, 2019.

1. hollowlaughter

hollowlaughter Void-Bound Voyager

So, I have some pieces of 1x1 furniture that I have flagged as "decor" under their type but the issue with that is they are then able to be placed on tables. Is there something else I can flag them as to have them:

• be solid
    • be placed on the floor like furniture
    • not be able to be placed on other furniture

Or, am I going to have to just... casually forewarn people not to do what my girlfriend immediately did and proceeded to cackle about, unless they've got a similar predilection toward domestic chaos?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

The example picture on the custom furniture page lists these types: chair, bench, couch, armchair, dresser, long table, painting, lamp, decor, bookcase, table, rug, window, other.

However, after a little experimenting, I'm not sure type matters when it comes to putting one sort of furniture on another. It seems to be a function of size: any one tile-square item can be set on a table, no matter what it's type is - other than wall items.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
      • hollowlaughter

Ah, so you've come the same conclusion as me. Well, it doesn't seem to be causing any game breaks, so I guess I'll be leaving them as is in the .json file, then; I'd flag them as "table", but they have items already pixeled on top of them so that'd look weird too. Thanks!

Edit: Oh yeah, if the mod author has documentation somewhere, I'd love to have it. I have the image that explains the index grid and some other factors (like rotating, animations, etc) but I was looking for the documentation as to the types of furniture you can make without finding anything when I was on Google the past few days looking into that and viability for other projects.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
        • Moragaine

Unfortunately, that's pretty much all the documentation there is. And to be honest, you can do the same thing with vanilla furniture, too, so it's not just a problem with CF.

hollowlaughter likes this.
          • hollowlaughter

Got another question, figured I'd not make a redundant thread since this one is also relevant to Custom Furniture.

Adding some stools to game and two work just fine, but two are turning into (and then remaining) a Wood Sign and a Stone Sign, respectively. I've looked over the json and can't see why in the world it would be happening, so posting here in hopes that someone might have an idea how I can fix that.

• Moragaine

That is a CF(maybe?) bug; to fix it we've(some of us on the discord that are converting things to CF) found that moving the item to another spot on the tilesheet usually cures that. You'll need to change the 'index' number of the item(that tells the code where on the tilesheet the item is), but you don't necessarily have to change the 'id' number, that's just the way they're listed in the .json.

• hollowlaughter

Ah, so it's the same thing as the wallpaper > prismatic shard and similar glitches. OK, that's what I figured, but thanks for the confirmation, I'll block out those areas in my sheet and move them over to avoid continuing an ID error.

Edit: Yep, that fixed it. Moved them two spots forward and no more signs.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019