Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When reporting an error, make sure to post your log to https://log.smapi.io/

Well, it looks like SMAPI (and basically every mod you have) is out of date. I would start by updating every mod you're using

• camir

camir Big Damn Hero

Greetings everybody! I seem to be having trouble with SMAPI and no solutions on Google could help me.
      I updated SDV and SMAPI to the latest version, and starting SDV normally works. But as soon as I use SMAPI I get this error: https://log.smapi.io/8VRxyb13
      I have speakers connected to the computer so this cannot be the issue (as Google suggested). After this error occuring I cannot start the game normally again. What can I do? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Are you sure the speakers work? You can even try plugging in some broken headphones. The game requires a sound device of any kind.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you reinstall the latest version of SMAPI, and post that error here? (SMAPI 1.5 was released in 2016 and definitely won't work with current versions of the game.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.11.1 is now available!

This update mainly disables mods which crash the game after Stardew Valley 1.3.36, and prepares for the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.4.

Release notes:
            • For players:
              • Added crops option to world_clear console command.
              • Prepared compatibility check for Stardew Valley 1.4.
              • Updated mod compatibility list.
              • Fixed world_clear console command removing chests edited to have a debris name.
            • For modders:
              • Added support for suppressing false-positive warnings in rare cases.
            • For the web UI:
              • The log parser now collapses redundant sections by default.
              • Fixed log parser column resize bug.
            Feel free to report issues or ask for help here.

• Keileon

Keileon Void-Bound Voyager

Having issues crashing when I try to sleep to end the day.

https://log.smapi.io/7L65TPs0

All the mods it says to update have been updated I don't really know why it thinks they haven't. This started happening when I got Automate, but removing it isn't fixing it. All the "Day started" messaged in the log are me saving with Save Anywhere so I could make sure that was working fine (and then getting confused as there was weird behavior in the game and experimenting with it).

Day 3, Summer, Year 1 if that matters. Crash starts at 02:54:41.

• Valkyr

Valkyr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello sorry to post again but I am absolutely just dumb as rocks, here's a crash log https://log.smapi.io/5BCzM1HD

i took all the json assets type mods and zipped them into a little punishment folder i'll unzip once i have a clue what i'm doing

• BellatrixLeStrange

BellatrixLeStrange Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, I encountered an error when running my SDV through Steam.. however, i tried to run the SDV.exe and this works fine. please help i don't want to loose my progress in the game. thank you!
                  this is the error that i am encountering:
                  upload_2019-3-24_22-47-7.png
                  and here aremy game logs:
                  SMAPI-crash.txt: https://log.smapi.io/39LGXZAj
                  SMAPI-latest.txt: https://log.smapi.io/0zHbNjd2

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Keileon That error seems unrelated to Automate. Does it still happen if you remove Save Anywhere? If so, what if you remove all mods listed under "Patched game code" in that log?

@Valkyr You have recipes duplicated between Even More Recipes - Meat and for Even More Recipes - Meat Animal Husbandry Patch. I think you're only supposed to install the patch version, not both.

@BellatrixLeStrange Stardew Valley 1.3.36 was released recently, so updating to the latest SMAPI version should fix it (just unzip the download and run the installer, it'll update the old files automatically).

• Keileon

It does still happen if I remove Save Anywhere. I tried removing all the "patched game code" mods aside from SpaceCore and PyTK because I don't know all of the mods that need them or what happens if you remove them but leave in mods that depend on them; still getting the same crash.

• Meowium99

Meowium99 Space Spelunker

Oh boi I'm having a bunch of fun.
                        My game crashes the moment I attempt to boot it up through the modding API.
                        I think it has something to do with it getting stuck on a particular line of code.
                        Before I forget, a link to the error log. https://log.smapi.io/A5CHd5aW

Oopsidasy
                        Just updated SMAPI and it works now.
                        UwU
                        I can be an idiot at times.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Keileon Have you used any mods on that save that add custom buildings (except Sauvignon)?

• Keileon

Yes; I've used More Buildings and removed it because the one building I wanted to use wasn't working properly. Removing it turned that building into a mill so I thought it was fine. I can demolish it and see if that fixes things.

Edit: Yep, that fixed it! Thanks for putting up with me being dumb.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
                            • Valkyr

Valkyr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Once again, I am quite dumb https://log.smapi.io/HFffWaqD

The duplicate recipes are required to satisfy the mod dependencies of the Coffee Shoppe mod, and I swear to god I have updated the things it says to update three times today, always pasting the same information over itself. I absolutely will not uninstall UI Info Suite because the game is borderline unplayable without it.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

When updating Json Asset mods, it's recommended to delete and then drag and drop the updated folder instead of Overwriting, it causes duplicates to happen sometimes. As for the UI Info Suite, I haven't checked that one yet. Which seems to have happened in your case.

• TILTEADÍN

TILTEADÍN Space Hobo

Hi I'm having some trouble while opening my STV game after installing SMAPI

Code:
                                  exception inside UnhandledException handler: The type initializer for 'System.Console' threw an exception.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Console' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.ConsoleDriver' threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: Magic number is wrong: 542
                                    at System.TermInfoReader.ReadHeader (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32& position) <0x417c70f0 + 0x00127> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at System.TermInfoReader..ctor (System.String term, System.String filename) <0x417c6ef0 + 0x00127> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at System.TermInfoDriver..ctor (System.String term) <0x417c2980 + 0x00193> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at System.ConsoleDriver.CreateTermInfoDriver (System.String term) <0x417c2940 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at System.ConsoleDriver..cctor () <0x417c2650 + 0x000a7> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                    at System.Console.SetupStreams (System.Text.Encoding inputEncoding, System.Text.Encoding outputEncoding) <0x417c2000 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at System.Console..cctor () <0x417c1a00 + 0x00173> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                    at StardewValley.Game1.set_gameMode (Byte value) <0x417c8dd0 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at StardewValley.Program.handleException (System.Object sender, System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs args) <0x417c8680 + 0x0005b> in <filename unknown>:0

• pluviophist

pluviophist Void-Bound Voyager

My friend and I wanted to start a multiplayer server- I started 6 days by myself while I got her cabin built and things set up. We are using this map which I am aware is a bit outdated, however it worked just fine for the both of us on singleplayer. My game crashes whenever I walk into her house or my house, but she can walk into our houses just fine. Here is my crash log:https://log.smapi.io/ukHqiJUr
                                    If anybody could tell me what's causing the problem, it would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
                                    • 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you send the entirety of your error log, and not just that bit. The crashing error doesn't always fully explain the problem.

I'll leave this to others who know more about multiplayer errors, but I would suggest updating as many mods as possible, and also making sure you both have exactly the same mods with the same version numbers.
                                      Also, you seem to have several mods that are overwriting the same files. While these may not be the cause of the issue, I'd suggest removing mods that add duplicate stuff if possible

• pluviophist

pluviophist Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for response, but I got it solved! Turns out pyTK isn't multiplayer compatible, so my custom furniture was crashing the game.

• Valkyrie123

Valkyrie123 Void-Bound Voyager

My game keeps crashing and I cannot work out why. I am really bad at reading what this all means, can someone please have a look and help me out? It only happens when I am inside my house and someone starts in multi. I can start the game without crashing if I am outside the house, but as soon as I go in I crash. I have the log here. Ps, sorry, I have a lot of mods.

https://log.smapi.io/XNCnynjx

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.