Announcement Stardew Valley on PS Vita Out Now on EU & US PS Store!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superconsole, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Yet again another month later

vita_lover likes this.
    • SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Alleluya, an acknowledgement of the Vita port ! it only took, like, months.
      .... Hoppefully, we'll see the shadow of the beggining of a fix by 2020.

..... if 6 dead months is "great work" & "fast progress", I seriously wonder what he'd consider bad/slow.

oldmanstu, NightBeast and vita_lover like this.
      • oldmanstu

oldmanstu Starship Captain

I have honestly given up on the Vita version now.

Disgraceful turn of events from Sickhead, Chucklefish and even ConcernedApe. No matter what people say, it is his name people associate with SV and he should go out of his way to ensure that any port be up to the highest standard.

Screw this company and any future game they make.

Rockydog likes this.
        • Rockydog

Rockydog Space Spelunker

This!

They aren't better than any other scammers out there stealing money.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

starting to agree with the posters above regarding Sickhead, Chucklefish and ConcernedApe.

Switch version has been released the 05 Oct 2018 , got 1.3 content two month later and is still getting active concern ( as shown here : https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1075852647402356736 )
            Whereas Vita version has been released the 22 May 2018 as a crash fest, has been kept in the dark with nary a word for 6+ month regarding serious issues ( crashes and skull cavern bug are NOT unimpotant glitch that can be ignored. ) and while it's understandable that there won't be multiplayer on this ( .... no it's not. i mean, "platform limitations" ? yeah, it's not like there are dozen of online multiplayer games on Vita who prove it's possible if you even bother to care, but yeah... Ca obviously DON'T care. ) but what about the 1.3 content for solo mode ?

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

7 month since the buggy 1.02, getting close to the 8 month since initial release, still a crashing mess.

• vita_lover

vita_lover Space Spelunker

does anyone have any updates on when the vita will be patched?

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

nothing since the "I haven't forgot you" lip service from 15 December as far as i know.

browsing his twitter ( https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/with_replies ) , you can see a few post regarding the multiplayer on PS4/XBox like but...

- "The console multiplayer updates are in progress." - Jan 21
                  ... and knowing that the Vita won't get a MP release cause "platform limitation", that mean nothing for us.

- "Yes, PS4 and Xbox are getting the multiplayer update. There's a whole process and it takes a while, especially considering the more stringent Quality Assurance requirements on consoles." Feb 1
                  ... qc on console. because the mess done on the vita show soooooo many quality control

- "My estimate is that the new update will be out within the few months. I'm sorry it seems like console users are being ignored, that's not my goal at all. After this update I am committed to having simultaneous releases across consoles and no more Switch 1st, Xbox/PS4 2nd" - 1 Feb
                  and Vita so far in the 3rd position it's not even mentionned ? if that doesn't show that guys pretty much forgot it existed, i don't know what does.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

8 months since the buggy 1.02.

• Alex79uk

Alex79uk Orbital Explorer

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find any info anywhere online - I know Vita won't be getting multiplayer updates, which I'm fine with. This is a single player game I like to play on my own to chill out, no interest in online play whatsoever. But, here's the question, is the Vita version updated with the single player content? I mean as an offline single player game, is it the same as the Switch or other console versions? Are we on 1.3?

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

It's still stuck in the 1.2 era with no perspective of getting an update since CA pretty much forgot it existed as showcased both by the fact we're nearing the 9 month mark since the last patch despite this version still being a crash fest riddled with serious optimisation & game issue and by CA absolute lack of communication regarding the Vita.

Just read the above post if you want move details, but TLDR : the vita release is an insult to customer.

• Alex79uk

In that case I feel absolutely no remorse in pirating the mobile version.

Poor show.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
                            megabutcher likes this.
                          • megabutcher

megabutcher Master Chief

I do not speak English. Love Vita and Stardew Valley. I read posts. bastards they all.
                            I do not like those who say bad about Vita
                            Android game has already been hacked as soon as it came out.

• TakaMyo

TakaMyo Orbital Explorer

i don't think a console crash when the game save is a limitation system but i'm not a pro
                              i stop playing this game after 190 crash in 200hrs , yeah a "better gaming system" would be cool ,
                              but due to my "money limitation" i only have a vita version of Stardew
                              bad day for me :/

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

[insert here a witty joke comparing the nine months we've waited for the birth of a patch with pregnancy.]

plattym3 likes this.
                                • Alex79uk

Pardon?

• Misayumi

Misayumi Aquatic Astronaut

Last time I played (a few weeks ago) we didn't have that update, not the single player things either. But it's not buggy anymore, so there's that.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Is that supposed to be a joke ? sure, the two first patch removed several problem ( that would NEVER has been on the first release if they bothered with 10+ hour of proper beta testing ) but it's still a mess with....
                                      - play long enough and it will crash. no workaround around that.
                                      - it's a stutter fest once you release 10+ animals in the farm or when there's too many thing on the screen. no optimization whatsoever.
                                      - the skull cavern level is not randomized as it should, making it a complete pain to gather irridium
                                      ... since MONTHS with no fix in sight. at all.

every time console Stardew is mentionned by CA, it's 99% Switch related, 1 measly % for Xbox & PS4 for the clasic "it's in the work/coming in a few month" and literraly NOTHING for the Vita.

• Misayumi

Misayumi Aquatic Astronaut

No, it's not a joke. I have been playing a lot recently and I didn't experience ANY issues.
                                        So, really, I don't understand while you still have some of the original problems, because for me it's been a very very smooth experience the last three months.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.