Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayyyter

slayyyter Yeah, You!

hi, @Pathoschild sorry it took so long to respond but whenever i try to skip the step i get "Cannot open assembly 'internal/unix-install.exe': No such file or directory."

• DragonAce5o9

DragonAce5o9 Space Hobo

I can't open Stardew Valley. Every time I try, the smapi says that my game crashed. There is an option to delete the crash data and open anyway, and I've tried that, but when I do, it seems like it's opening then it crashes anyway. It said to go to this link. What do I do to get it to work? What is wrong with it? (Yes, I tried restarting my computer)

• DragonAce5o9

DragonAce5o9 Space Hobo

Mine is doing that! Where can I install the latest smapi?

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Can you upload your log to http://log.smapi.io and share the link with us. Most likely you just need to update your SMAPI version.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@slayyyter Make sure you extract all the files before running the installer. If it still doesn't work, can you post screenshots of what's in the installer folder, and what's in its internal subfolder?

• Dayla Coloride

Dayla Coloride Void-Bound Voyager

My game is crashing and i dont know why... somebody help me ;-;

• slayyyter

slayyyter Yeah, You!

@Pathoschild wow i feel like such an idiot it worked thank you so much

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• rebeccaslugocki

rebeccaslugocki Space Spelunker

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@rebeccaslugocki Can you make sure all players have the exact same Kisekae files? That error usually happens if another player has a shirt that doesn't exist in your game.

• TranquilizerDart

TranquilizerDart Space Hobo

Whenever I try to play this always come up
                    upload_2019-3-15_6-15-25.png
                    Or when I tried using the latest version for the Cheats Mod It went gray and just closed without opening the game. It's making me really mad watching all these people having fun with the mods well I can only sit here and watch. Can anybody help me out? My Discord is TranquilizerDart#4276, add me if you want to privately explain to me what I need to do. Thank you

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your SMAPI version is wildly out of date. Current release is 2.11 and can be found on smapi.io .

• TranquilizerDart

I know, On the mod page it said to use 1.5, I originally tried using 2.11 and it would pop up but close in a few seconds with an Error Message.

• newcomer12

newcomer12 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi,my game just crashed twice when I tried to go to sleep in the game at the 11th day in autumn. My SMAPI is 2.11 and my game version is 1.3.36.
                          Here is the crash log: https://log.smapi.io/A5M4Y9xE
                          And this is what SMAPI showed.
                          upload_2019-3-16_2-42-14.png
                          If anyone could help that would be great! thx

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Then you need a version of Stardew Valley compatible with 1.5 versions either 1.1 or 1.11

If you bought on GOG, then you can download an old version, but it might be easier to look for a similar function mod that has been updated since December of 2016

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It looks like you're having a dialogue issue. My first suggestion would be to update the "MissCoriel's NPC Unique Courtship Response" mod, and the other mod that needs updating for good measure. Also, if any of your Dialogue mods has a dependency that isn't Content Patcher, I'd suggest removing those mods first.

If updating all your mods doesn't fix the issue, try removing all dialogue mods.

If there's still an issue, Pathos will have more information

If the mod you're using does not work with SMAPI 2.11 and Stardew Valley 1.3.36, then I'm afraid you just can't use it. You're welcome to look for a similar mod, or if the mod is open source ask Pathos to look into updating it, but otherwise there's nothing you can do.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
                                blouwho? likes this.
                              • TranquilizerDart

I've made a video showing you what I did, please explain what I did wrong. And I only downloaded two Mods. Both of them were CBJ Cheat Mods, CBJCheatMenu, and CBJItemSpawner. Neither of them worked when I tried them separately and when I tried them together aswell
                                Video Link:

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, let's start with your installing of SMAPI, and then move from there.

After installing SMAPI, you add all the installer files into smapi-internel. This is incorrect. SMAPI fully instals itself after you push "1" on the command prompt and you see all the green text you highlighted. After you see that, you can delete the entire SMAPI 2.11 installer folder.

Also, you placed the modding files directly into the Mods folder, rather than how you had it at the start of the video, which was the correct method.

I'm not sure why SMAPI didn't launch after you'd deleted all the added files. I would suggest completely uninstalling SMAPI and Stardew Valley, then reinstalling them. I think some file has been improperly altered, and this is the easiest way to fix that

As an additional note, any time you get an error, you can use https://log.smapi.io/ to post the error here. it works like docs, but is easier to read.

• RhiDee

RhiDee Aquatic Astronaut

Can someone please help me with whatever went wrong here? Cause it seems like at least ten things did and I cannot even find where the issue begins

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.