Can friendly NPCs be spawned as hostiles?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by TheTwilightDancer, Feb 4, 2019.

1. TheTwilightDancer

TheTwilightDancer Phantasmal Quasar

Like let's say I wanted to spawn in a friendly guard, an Alpaca, etc. to be hostile but you either don't wanna bother stealing or you just want them in an area they aren't normally found. How would you spawn in a friendly NPC as hostile instead of friendly? Also, I wonder if the reverse is possible. Is it possible to spawn in a hostile NPC, like a Miniknog lab scientist or Avian temple guard, as a friendly?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. ISaidNo2U

ISaidNo2U Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't think so.

Not sure however. There might be a way?

3. TheTwilightDancer

I would think that there was a way. I wonder if spawn commands have to have some kind of additional code to it although I wouldn't know what the coding would look like, to spawn it in as friendly or hostile.

4. Grifs

Grifs Void-Bound Voyager

No idea if there's a way via spawnnpc but you can spawn in a savannah villager and it wouldn't detect you as a hostile. You can whack/shoot at it like another hostile entity though but that's more of because that's what its properties already are to begin with, not because of any overrides/specific parameters.

You could prolly check this out too (they seem to be using spawners instead of the spawnnpc command). https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/69c8k1/how_to_make_custom_npcs_overridesparameters/

The only other thing I can think of is through a mod (NPCSpawner+) that lets you spawn in NPCs with some parameters you can insert.

5. TheTwilightDancer

I got NPC Spawner +, but I never considered that possibility. I'll have to see how it works, as I haven't completely learned all the things it can do yet. I shall try that! I'll check out the link you sent too. Thanks!