1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[INFO] News about the Update

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kazumii, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Kazumii

Kazumii Space Hobo

Since I see a lot of ppl asking about news for the 1.4 Update because there is nothing on their blog. It's a good Idea to check out their twitter.

https://twitter.com/StarboundGame/with_replies

Here they said they are gonna give us some updates in 2k19 as soon as possible ^^ just scroll thru

2. AbsoluteXeroEX

AbsoluteXeroEX Phantasmal Quasar

Soon (TM)

Eralia likes this.
  3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I am almost hype when reading the title.

4. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

can't see the post, because no twitteraccount, but this is a post, that we already know or is this really a new post again?
    No not soon, but this year? This is a level up...yay...

Eralia and Vrow like this.
  5. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

That news is from January 4, I do not think there will be an update "soon" xD will still be many months, and the more months pass, the more chances there are to discard the idea of an update, give time to time.

6. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah they've been saying it's coming "soon" for months now.

7. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

I will just wait patiently, at least there are enough proofs that they are developing an update.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  8. Daikon Ocelot

At least we know they are not abandoning the game. I think they are pretty active on Twitter, but why not here? Hmm... I wonder why.

MrsGuu likes this.
  9. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Because here there is a lot of toxic, people who complain and if I could take the shotgun, I think they are afraid, they will not say anything in this forum until they have something to say xD

10. Daikon Ocelot

But we are not one of them. We are just a humble member of the community, trying to do the best to help improve the community.

11. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If the devs are afraid of the community on their own forums because of how toxic it is then that in itself speaks volumes about them as a company. We are what they made us.

Hazmat, Eralia, Lintton and 2 others like this.
  12. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

With starbound chucklefish has more winning players for their games or i am wrong,? So if this is true, its a shame how they hold out them..

13. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Doesn't matter how good a dev team is or the game...there and there will be always uhh *T R A S H* in the community...

14. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

every time they say news are coming soon, the news are delayed by a few more months

15. Daikon Ocelot

Then it will pile up in to years.

16. Lintton

Lintton Guest

We're 10 days and 5 months away from "years".

17. Catherine Franz

I think the devs will literally be like the ones raiding vaults and we're the ancient ones waiting for them...

18. Daikon Ocelot

Well, yes of course. I mean, if they keep being like this it will become "years".

19. Catherine Franz

Turn decades -> centuries...

20. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

It's been 614 days since the last content update. 522 since the last bugfix. Starbound has nothing more than a skeleton crew remaining from we can tell.
    Chucklefish has never been good about providing the community with any actual insight to how things are progressing. It's one of the most poorly managed projects to reach commercial release that I've ever seen, and Starbound is my go-to example of why I don't fund kickstarters.

Eralia likes this.