1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Maverick-Hunters MMX 11.0.3

Featuring Armors, Techs (Ride Armors, Zero- and X-"Modes") and Weapons of the MMX/Z/ZX games

1. GokentoPower

GokentoPower Big Damn Hero

I was excited to see this Mod at its full potential.
    Hopefully in the 1.4 Update.

2. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Will probly not happen, pretty sure the author has completely moved on and lost interest.

3. blue3sonic

blue3sonic Void-Bound Voyager

It really sucks how some of the coolest & most promising mods end up getting abandoned.

4. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Not exactly dead (tbh that's actually the case atm) and I really wish I could update the mod but don't have any free time left to work on the mod for the time being, sorry. I've updated the mod page to tell people whats up.

SacredCaedeus and Roskii Heiral like this.
  5. Dennis el Azul

Dennis el Azul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good to see you again, Crystan.
    I would like to have a version of the mod without the techs, only the armors, to evade problems and errors with the game in its current state afther the patch, so maybe in summer I can check here again and offer myself to learn how to do it and make that version, at least. :)

6. guts_berserk

guts_berserk Void-Bound Voyager

hey i can't find the Bio-Metal Capsule is something wrong?

7. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

I know this is gonna be a /late... but I think this mod is dead sadly...

Would love to see it working again if-possible.

sosmic likes this.
  8. Wakaitsu

Wakaitsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can someone make a version of this with only armors to use as vanity items? It's sad to lose all the potential, sure, but to lose EVERYTHING would be a tragedy. The MMX fans can roleplay still with only armors, so can we have those as a separate file? If you have no time or energy to spare, I can do it - for you, and for everyone of us, fans.

9. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

Why? There's no point in it, because you don't have to touch anything outside of the crafting stations, which make the outfits anyway. All you'd be doing is reducing the file size, which honestly isn't a big deal to begin with. I don't touch the tech stuff at all, and it works perfectly already as a cosmetics mod. What you're asking for/offering to do doesn't need to be done, because it's already there. You just gotta ignore the techs, which is as easy as breathing.

10. Wakaitsu

Well, for NOW, it may be so, but how about future updates? You can't be sure that nothing would change in the system that would rend the whole mod unusable as it would just stop loading or would begin crushing the game at startup.

11. SacredCaedeus

Please tell me how they could possibly cause a mod like this to become unstable, stop loading, or start "crushing the game at start up." I mean unless they changed how the game pulls crafting recipes, or completely changed their scripting (which, by the way, would ALSO break EVERY OTHER MOD), I don't think this mod is in much danger. It works as is, so it's fine. If it breaks after this supposed update that's in the pipeline (which I think is a joke at this point due to how Starbound has lost staff), then someone can DM the author and see if he'll do something about it.

12. Wakaitsu

I still don't see any reason to not let people update \ re-code the mod. The sprites are awesome, and if someone'd to add dye support, it could become roleplayers holy grail. Why not to?

13. SacredCaedeus

Then ask the mod author via a DM if you can do something if you actually intend to do something other than trim anything that isn't cosmetic; it's a waste of time and pointless otherwise. I'm just telling you on the whole it doesn't need fixing 'cuz it currently isn't broken as far as the cosmetics go, which is the only thing you've expressed interest in. You're acting like if it doesn't get updated soon it's gonna cataclysmically break or something, which chances are it won't. The techs don't work, but honestly after a point, I questioned the overall usefulness of them, so I'm not bothered the X-Tech is broken.

Also adding dyes kinda kills the point of having the different Model X/Z/H/L/P/F/ZX clothing sets in the first place... Same goes for the X, Zero, and Alia armor sets. It's meant to be the characters. Just gonna point that out.

14. Wakaitsu

Characters - sure, but if those pieces could be dyeable, it would also open way to roleplay as fan character. Mix and match, you know? It's not like the armors itself gonna lose something if someone would make them dyeable. Want to play as Zero - just wear the armor as it is, wanna go custom - mix some parts, dye them to match and you're good to go! Wouldn't that be cool, eh?

15. Dennis el Azul

I've finally learned how to create mods and put stuff, so I'm asking here permission to Crystan to make an alternated mod that'll be only aesthetic, so it can be fully compatible with multiplayer (so you can play in a server with other people while you wear your Mega Man X stuff).
    Of course, I'm giving credit to him because he already did the most difficult part: Recreating the armors, I'm only making an aesthetic port, so that's not the difficult part.

16. Wakaitsu

If you get any response from him, ping me too - I'd gladly help with that.

17. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

You guys should just make your own, Crystan doesn't seem interested in pursuing this mod's future and isn't the sole provider of its art assets anyway. So he likely isn't even able to grant full permission for its continuation anyway.

SacredCaedeus likes this.
  18. Dennis el Azul

I have to ask, and if I get no response at least I can show how to make a replacer mod, but not giving it.

19. Blazer The Solaroid

Blazer The Solaroid Orbital Explorer

How do I make version 10.0.4 work?The game just wont recognise it because it .modpak instead just .pak (Im on 1.2)

20. Blazer The Solaroid

Blazer The Solaroid Orbital Explorer

Can someone help me...?Anyone...?;-;