RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Wessolf

Wessolf Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, can I ask a question? I kinda downloaded the Nexus Content Patcher version of the anthro mod and there was a weird interaction when I went to Joja Mart. From what I can gather, instead of using the right sprites for when Shane arranges the groceries, instead, the file seems to grab assets from Shane's regular sprite art. (So instead of using the 5th to 7th row sprites from "characters/Shane_JoJaMart.png" it used the sprites from the 5th to 7th row sprites of "characters/Shane.png")

Along with that, I'm not sure but during the Egg Festival, Abigail's used a different character sprite that didn't match her portrait sprite (she wore a kind of costume dress when her portrait has her regular look), and likewise, Harvey had a different portrait sprite against his character sprite in the same festival. (He didn't have his overcoat in the portrait sprite when he did in the character sprite)

Could I ask for help on this?

• Rydel

Rydel Void-Bound Voyager

Are you using Longevity and my compatibility mod? Is so, I think those might be bugs in Longevity.

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

The CP patch is out of date (I mention this in the Nexus description). I need to get to work on updating it; I'm going to take a crack at that this week hopefully as it's long overdue. People have been asking for a swap CP patch lately so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone.

• Wessolf

Yes, I'm using the Longevity and compatibility mod. Did it come from there?

Also, I noticed that there's an Anthro Children mod on the front page, would there be a CP version of it?

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Like I mentioned the CP patch is out of date; it hasn't been updated for quite some time and I'm willing to bet money that that's where your bugs are coming from.

As for a CP version of any other additions, what you see is what we have right now. If you want a CP version of any given part you could ask me and I can try and make one when time allows. Otherwise you can forge on and make one yourself if you don't want to go that route with the waiting and whatnot.

• Wessolf

That's fine, I think I've got some idea of how the CP works, but I dunno how to get the PNG files. And i worry I might mess something up.

Another bug with the longevity mod: Elliot's summer clothes don't show up on portrait just so you guys can take note.

• Sabs like "labs"

Sabs like "labs" Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My apologies on this. I'm going to be working on this for the foreseeable future, until it's updated. And I'll try to keep more on top of updates as we move forward, too.

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Hey there Sabs, if you could do that in my stead for me it would be a massive help. It's good to hear from you again.

• Wessolf

Hello, sorry to bother again, but something kooky seemed to have happened. I was watching Harvey's 2-heart event when George turned back into a human. I thought it wasn't much of a problem, until I noticed that George's character sprite remained human even if his portrait would say otherwise.

So I considered to reinstall the mod, but then the mod seems to have ended up corrupted. WinRar couldn't either the file downloaded here or on the Nexus site. When I restarted SDV, the game seems to exclude the mod. I didn't understand why at first, but when I opened the manifest.json in the mod, it turned out to be empty.

Again, I apologize for the trouble, and thank you for releasing the mod. It's been making my SDV run very enjoyable.

Edit: It seemed to be a problem with the unpacker itself. Though the problem with Harvey's event still stands. I'll see reinstalling fixes the problem.

Edit 2: Seems like reinstalling did fix it. :)

Edit 3: Erm... not quite fixed.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Speaking of, this also happened to the Longevity Mod but I'm not sure if there's any correlation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
                    • Rydel

Rydel Void-Bound Voyager

Try deleting Longevity, having Steam Verify integrity of game files (which will uninstall Anthro Characters), then reinstall Anthro Characters, Longevity, and the compatibility patch. If WinRAR won't open it, try using 7-zip.

• Wessolf

Will this also delete any other mods I've got installed?

• Rydel

Rydel Void-Bound Voyager

It would remove mods that directly replace game files, but not SMAPI mods

• Wessolf

Ah, well I've made it so that all my mods work with Content Patcher as much as possible as to avoid replacing files too often when an update comes around. That includes Anthro Characters and Longevity.

• Sabs like "labs"

I'll look into this.

BTW, Stardew Valley 1.3.36, in an attempt to clean things up, causes some changes to how XNBs are handled. For instance, it stops using all the loose files located directly under the Content folder, instead using copies of those files now stored in the correct locations. The current version of ACC-CPE depends on some of these files, and does partially break. ACC's XNB version might have similar problems.

I'm currently going through ACC-CPE and finding all of these issues. My early plans also include doing (or considering the best way of doing) these other things, as well:
                              • Incorporate any community content already added to ACC but not included in ACC-CPE.
                              • Add genderswaps F->M (with options to enable on a per-character basis), including dialogue changes.
                              • Add released alternate character art (with options to enable on a per-character basis).
                              • Add the ability to disable the anthro replacement of each individual villager so that conflicting mods can be used.
                              • Add some mod exceptions (which will automatically identify mods and disable parts of the CPE to avoid conflicts).
                              • Look into how to incorporate the Longevity compatibility support directly. (@Rydel I will need to consult you on this since I have NO idea how Longevity works.)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2020
                                Sugar-Fable and Blanchard like this.
                              • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

@Sabs like "labs" I'm looking forward to it!

@Gaveliere Would you ever do commissions to make portraits for OCs? I'd love one of my fursona to match this mod <3

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Hey @Sugar-Fable I shot you a private message here on the CF forums in regards to a commission from Gaveliere, check it out m'k?

Sugar-Fable likes this.
                                  • Sabs like "labs"

So, I've got some of the conditional stuff in. The Alternate character art appears to be working fine. GS versions are going to be next, and those are going to be quite tricky.

I'll be sharing a new version of ACC-CPE to @Blanchard soon. There are still some things missing and features yet unimplemented, including the GS versions and the Longevity art.

Wessolf likes this.
                                    • Sabs like "labs"

Everyone: I'm collecting a list of untextured NPC's. Please let me know if you encounter anything.

@Wessolf Do you experience the same issue with only ACC-CPE installed?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2019
                                        Wessolf likes this.
                                      • Wessolf

I believe so, you mean without the Longevity patch, am I correct? If so, yes.

I still don't have access to the desert so here are the following NPCs that were untextured:

George
                                        The guy in the rocking chair Gil
                                        Morris and the Joja Corp Cashier

I'll play a little more to see if anyone else got bugged.

Edit: I feel like based on this, it might be most characters who are based on certain assets like the town interior tiles (Morris, Joja Corp Cashier, and Gil were from this set. So was the flu poster on Harvey's clinic.)

Another thing to note was that the wolf character in Journey of the Prarie King is human while standing, but a wolf when moving.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
                                          Blanchard likes this.
                                        • ahan6413

ahan6413 Void-Bound Voyager

Well. v1.3.36 has other xnb files not changed. and has other language's xnb files. other language's map xnb is doesn't has Furries mod.