Dev Blog Starbound on the Discord Store

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Oct 16, 2018.

1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Doesn't tell us much. "We have plans going forward" is what they said in October. I don't doubt that they've got something, but I'm not expecting anything soon.

I'd hardly call Tiy's beard 'trash'

VitaminK and DragonsForce like this.
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

What does Tiy's beard have to do with anything?

3. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

It's your title (From forum xp)

Kawa and The Squid like this.
  4. ShadowFang88

ShadowFang88 Tentacle Wrangler

Well even though it wasn't much information at least it was something which i guess is better than nothing at all.

5. VitaminK

VitaminK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Better than no news at all.

6. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Whatever the social climate, this is still the official forum for said game, yet they've neglected it for half a year.
    I wonder, almost. Because it wasn't news so much as "remember that thing we told you like 6 months ago, that we had plans? yeah we still have plans"
    While yes, it is technically news and word from the devs... If the past devblog history is anything to go by, they aren't exactly reliable sources of upcoming information on their own game, unfortunately.
    This was vague and nebulous, there was no actual confirmation of anything other than basically "we still pretty much intend to do something, sometime, eventually... probably. stay tuned!"
    If anything, it makes the wait for actual news all the more unbearable, because it just doubles down on the incorporeal state the development is in currently.
    This could very likely turn out like last time they said there would be news soon... 6 months ago. You can understand my wariness, I'm sure.

7. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

Bet 10 doubloons on Half-life 3 being first!

8. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Which implies that none of those will ever happen, because let's face it, HL3 isn't gonna happen.
    ...So by that logic, none would be first, since being first would imply that it would happen...
    And as such, HL3 wouldn't be first, but also would be first, since in a list of 0 things, the 0th is technically first and last while being neither...
    Which as such, forms an infinite loop of it being both and neither at the same time, which means...

...Which means I'm delving far too deep into a completely arbitrary linguistic paradox.

The Squid, DragonsForce and Kaimando like this.
  9. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

Still better than "y u no updat" talk!

10. Lintton

Lintton Guest

The Squid likes this.
  11. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Because of an unpleasable fanbase no less.

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Actually, the devs pulled it themselves, though players were well to point out that they wanted something less gimmicky and segregated after getting mechs and terraforming. I for one hope for something that expands the universe rather than bottles it.

My initial point is that announcements and speculation for 1.4 began almost 18 months ago. If anything, we have moved backwards since then on what to expect. That cannot be faulted on the fans.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
  14. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

So, the game is officially "finished"? There will not be more content, I suppose.

15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

No. The developers have said that they have plans for the game, though not what those plans are or when they'll be released

I don't know if that's entirely the case. The initial response to the bounty hunter update was pretty positive, just based on the comments from this blog post:

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/1st-september-stop-right-there-criminal-scum.137107/

I think the fanbase became angry due to the really long time with no update on the status of the game, followed by the cancellation of the update entirely

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  16. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

Bingo!

The Squid likes this.
  17. lordbociek

So, if We, as fanbase are the worst, i wish another indie developer, to gain such commercial success, another thingy, why kawa, you trying to call us like that, most of us, liked the product, but please , do not try to make it religion. fanbase, really?, that was direct from my heart, with my broken english, but i belive You understand.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@lordbociek If the shoe fits... I mean, I consider myself a fan, but you don't see me whining.

19. lordbociek

You can consider me as a part of ,,FUNBASE`` :p

Kaimando and Kawa like this.
  20. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

Chill brother Polak. We're all in the name of having the game not forgotten, and actually updated to that glorious number 4 on the end! (And getting dumplings renamed to pierogi cough cough)

What kawa was trying to say is that Starbound community is a little bit vampiric. While we are very cute and nice and other things while the devs work on the game- we literally LUST for any whisper of the devs about SB itself. Hence the discussion.

Kawa and lordbociek like this.