Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Sorry, I have one more request for you guys... I'd like to recover a farm I made a while ago, but I'd need this one mod on CP to be able to open that save file again:

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1187

Thanks everyone!!

• pandachinoman

pandachinoman Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Here's Gnarly's Farm Expansion and Clean Shane's Room converted for CP. Gnarly's Expansion has a configurable toggle for the two versions, use true/false. Both conversions have been sent to OP with an offer to use them as official conversions or request to have these conversions taken down.

EDIT: Clean Shane's Room is officially updated on Nexus! File removed, please go download from Nexus and support the OP. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
        zkazy likes this.
      • minervamaga

• Sternchen

Sternchen Big Damn Hero

Tank you very much :D

• Hakuna Matata

Thanks very much! I'll be going back to that farm in no time!!

If at any time anyone can give the grasspaths xnb a look (or guide me to a similar alternative) that'd be great. It's a visual mod I love when laying out the look of the farm.

I appreciate so much the attention you all give this thread!

• blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

• SilverSeptember

SilverSeptember Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you so much! Going to download it from Nexus now C:

• Hakuna Matata

Hey! Tried to use the Farm Expansion CP, but got this:

error.png

• minervamaga

Try this one. I wondered if that syntax would work, but that is how OP had it.

Attached Files:

• Sorrelfur

Sorrelfur Void-Bound Voyager

Can anyone merge these? I am really bad and new to this stuff but I would love everything to go together!

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewva...pk_campaign=nxm_twitter_stats&tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1036/?tab=description Chic Pink Bathroom

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziv256g7g3bkvz3/furniture.xnb?dl=0

If anyone can do this please! I love these recolors ish stuff but I can't use them all at once or teach me how to? :( And does anyone know how to get the beds and crib from the first one?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
                  • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Sorrelfur The first 2 have already been done; easiest place to check is the list on the wiki: xnbs to CP list. The third mod seems to be Barfy's Furniture Replacements, which has also been done and is listed on that page.

• Sorrelfur

@Moragaine Oh I didnt know they had been thank you so much! I have just a few more questions sorry, the bathroom one won't override the kitchen will it? That's one of the reasons I cant use it right now...

And the two furniture ones I was wondering if they was anyway to get furnitures from both without like overriding everything? If that makes sense? Like both have some pieces they dont change, but overrides other things, I was wondering if I could combine them with the least amount of stuff overridden.

• Moragaine

Yes, you can combine them using a graphics program, copying and pasting from on tilesheet to the other. You just have to be very precise: one pixel off will give you funky looking items in the game.

• Sorrelfur

What kind of graphic program do you recommend? I don't have much on my computer. Do I have to put things in the exact spots to make them right in game or game they go anywhere?

• Moragaine

Paint.net is good and free; it's what I've been using. there are others, though, so whatever meets your needs. The game builds it's graphics out of images on tilesheets. Tilesheets are set up on a grid of 16x16 pixels - the game looks for items, furniture, buildings, etc. in those size pieces. Once you have a graphics program open up the furniture tilesheet and look at how the items are placed there.

• Sorrelfur

I heard of something called custom furniture? It sounds like something I can use to add furniture without messing with vanilla furniture but I can't find any tutorials on it. Do you buy any chance know what the mod is? Sorry for so many questions

• Fox420

Fox420 Pangalactic Porcupine

Can someone help me fix my remade mods into CP? I'm just not quite getting it. If someone can, PM me and i'll give you a link to my files. I'll they're just graphic mods to replace the old boring furniture.

• Moragaine

@Sorrelfur Yes, I know what Custom Furniture is and I've used it a bit. I made this: Pufferchick Plusie for one of the SdV discord events. After you pick a graphics program I suggest downloading CF and the Example furniture supplied. One of the pictures Platonymous has up shows you how to break down a furniture graphic for use by CF. You can also join the SdV discord and check out the various creative channels for help with pixel work.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Would anyone be willing to make the fishing mod here CP-compatible?

I have some trouble with motor skills (Cerebral Palsy, ironically(?)) and fishing is really hard for me, even with the mod someone earlier in the thread so kindly converted (thank you for that, by the way!).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
                                    Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.