Building/Ship Jonesy's Builds!

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Jonesy, May 7, 2017.

1. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Merry Christmas to you too :)

Jonesy likes this.
  2. Internal Screaming

Internal Screaming Space Spelunker

so jonesy i wanted to ask how did you get the cherry tree from the beginning of the game?

Jonesy likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

4. Internal Screaming

Internal Screaming Space Spelunker

Jonesy likes this.
  5. Jonesy

I've added an exciting new building project; the Intertidal!

6. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

Holy moly it's been a while but your builds are still as sharp as ever, Jonesy! Especially seeing you took heavy inspiration from some interesting looking media (thanks for the recommendation!)

It warms my heart to know the Miniknog are probably fuming that their state of the art tropical resort has been taken repurposed for the greater good of the... *shudder* dirty unwashed masses. The horror!

Jonesy likes this.
  7. Jonesy

New York 2140 is a pretty great book. Simultaneously depressing and optimistic, while pretty well thought-out in terms of what's shaping society at that point. A lot of New York history in there, too. On the other hand, Deus Ex: Invisible War is very much the black sheep of the franchise, but I have a lot of fondness for certain elements. As I said, the architecture alone is quite inspiring. Can't say that about many other games.

In terms of the resort, it's really far from state of the art. I like to think that having access to marginally better amenities on an idyllic but largely unremarkable planet is enough to constitute luxury. Especially since it's aimed at the - to refer to 1984 - 'outer party' types (namely bureaucrats, soldiers and other government workers) who are close enough to the regime to be recognized for their work, but are still denied access to the luxuries and priveleges of the 'inner party' (the generals, political leaders, and, in the case of the technocratic MiniKnog, scientists). But now it looks like now the 'proles' have taken over.