RELEASED Seasonal Outfit Changes

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Tanpoponoko, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I see.. I've never used it in co-op.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Please have the farmhand player type patch summary into their SMAPI console when they are in the game and then upload the log to https://log.smapi.io/ and share the link here.

• anhzxc

anhzxc Intergalactic Tourist

Here is my log (Spring): https://log.smapi.io/KW8jffbG

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the log. This appears to be a Content Patcher bug. Pathoschild is aware of it and an updated version of CP should be available in the next day or so.

• Rizumu85

Rizumu85 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any plan for Jas? I could HELP!

• amillionand1fandoms

amillionand1fandoms Void-Bound Voyager

I see on the nexus page that the DNPCC variant of this is considered outdated. I assume this is because there's been new sprites added since it was created? I know it's not actually broken because I'm still using it just fine. I understand how DNPCC file structure and naming works and I would be happy to update it if someone were to let me know which sprites need to be added. I'm also 99% sure I can add the portraits too, since they weren't in the previous DNPCC version.

• Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey-o~ Dropping in to remind y'all that this exists: Dropbox - No Bowlegs version download

And I've been holding onto these guys for a really long time, hoping to dump the whole lot of Halloween bachelors in a single batch. I was also in the process of working on Harvey, but I dunno when I'll realistically get around to finishing him or the rest of them, so here you go. :v

Attached Files:

Tanpoponoko and EveningAlchemist like this.
                • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh damn! You've been doing work!
                  Would you like me to upload the no bowlegs version as an optional download on the Nexus page?

I didn't know there was a no bowleg version tbh

• Seyph

Seyph Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@paradigmnomad Yeah, go ahead! It's best to have these things centralized for people who like this mod. :nod:

• paradigmnomad

@Seyph

Awesome! I'll work on the content.json for them tomorrow since it's different from the main version. Also will include your portraits in the 1.2.8 update.

• paradigmnomad

Just so it's known, I'm going to try and fill in the gaps on some of the spritesheets (most notably the festivals). If anyone as any of these completed feel free to DM me or post them here. It'll save me loads of time!

• IllusionN0va

IllusionN0va Void-Bound Voyager

uhh i think something was missed in the latest update, i got this warning about emily being ignored..

here's my log;
                          https://log.smapi.io/w2X8iu7v

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Looks like a simple typo.. 'nohatnoscard' rather than 'nohatnoscarf'.

• IllusionN0va

IllusionN0va Void-Bound Voyager

ah, thanks ^w^ yep, found it in the content file so that was an easy fix but now i've gotten some errors popping up about clint >>

log; https://log.smapi.io/cTmc1mYS

• Tanpoponoko

Tanpoponoko Big Damn Hero

Hey everyone, I'm back! Still trying to get started again on finishing this up.

I'm working on the DNPCC compatible version right now, but compiling all the files is taking forever. Should be done in the next day or so. With this version, the indoor/outdoor changes should be automatic and I hope the issue with the festival outfits will be fixed (for now, I will eventually get to completing to the full sprite sheets.) I'm also trying to fill in the gaps with the portraits so we have at least once complete set, so I have come bearing gifts. Clint's portraits are done here, and I've also added a sprite sheet for his "special shoes" for the moonlight Jellies. In addition, I've added color corrections for Jodi and Vincent from Longevity's files so all the sprites are unified. More to come soon!

Edit:
                                Also, I was kicking around the idea of doing some simple seasonal recolor sprites/portraits for characters like Sandy, Wizard, Morris, etc. Would anyone like to see this, just for some added texture?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
                                • shamemaker

shamemaker Guest

Wizard and Sandy yes! but imo I think Morris having a closet full of the same clothes fits him pretty well unless it's something simple like a change in tie color.

• Tanpoponoko

Yeah, they'd all just be simple color changes, or maybe altering very small details. No full wardrobe alterations.

Edit:

DNPCC compatible version is live! I have tested it, and it runs without the error with the festivals. SO characters will not show up as half in festival clothes and half in regular clothes during the day, but ONLY be dressed at the festival. Because of this fix, I'm leaving the full festival sprite sheets until the very end.

Added Sandy Spring, Summer, and Fall sprites.
                                    (Edit: Also added 9 different versions of the Wizard. There's the clothing-only change version for spring, summer, and winter. Also, I added two versions of a more-for-fun type where his hair and clothes change with the season. One type is the highly saturated version, and one is the less intense version. Please let me know which of these three sets you like best so I can add it to the DNPCC version)

Putting together the DNPCC version, I've made a list of what we have left to do for the vanilla sprites/portraits. I'm gonna try to work through these portraits after I do the extra characters like Sandy and Wizard. If anyone else feels like doing any, too, that would be awesome. I might do a few touch ups on existing portraits, too.

Portraits needed:

Abigail - Winter Indoors

Clint - Summer (hair)

Elliott - Spring Rain, Winter outdoor

Evelyn - Summer, Winter

George - Spring, Fall Rain outdoor, Winter Outdoor

Gus - Winter outdoor

Harvey - Spring Rain

Leah - Spring Rain, Summer indoor/outdoor, Winter indoor/outdoor (Blue and Red)

Maru - Fall

Penny - Winter indoor

Robin - Spring Hair Down, Winter

Sam - Spring Rain Outdoors, Winter indoor/outdoor

Festival Portraits Needed:

Egg - Alex, Emily, Clint, Demetrius, Elliott, Evelyn, George, Haley, Jodi, Lewis, Marnie, Mar, Pam, Penny, Pierre, Robin, Sam, Sebastian, Vincent, Willy

Flower - Clint, Demetrius, George, Gus, Kent, Linus, Marnie, Pam, Pierre, Willy

Luau - Abigail, Clint, Demetrius, Emily, (Evelyn - edit), Gus, Harvey, Jodi, Kent, Leah, Lewis, Linus, Marnie, Pam, Penny, Pierre, Robin, Sam -edit, Sebastian, Shane, Willy

Spirits Eve - Sam, Harvey, Sebastian, Shane

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
                                      shamemaker likes this.
                                    • paradigmnomad

Gonna hijack this to say I'll be on vacation all next week, so there won't be any more updates to the Nexus file until I come back (most likely the 16th since I fly in late).

Glad to see Tanpoponoko working on this again :) The community has been helpful with filling in some of the gaps in your absence!

Edit: Also with more content being added more frequently, I'll likely do bi-weekly updates rather than daily as with the earlier versions. Mainly so I don't have to keep going back and changing as many things.
                                      If you want to see where I'm at in terms of updating check out the github. I welcome pull requests to the content.json. Pull requests aren't automatically merged and I'll check them over before pushing them to master.

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
                                      • Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Poptop Tamer

Thank you so much for this amazing mod! :D

Sorry if the question has already been asked but is there a way to use a maternity sprint for Female Player?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
                                        • Tanpoponoko

Sounds all good to me, enjoy your vacation :)

I can add this to the list of things I'll eventually get to :)

In the meantime, here's another mod that does kinda the same thing: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/635

Wizard portraits are here!

Spring - Regular
                                          [​IMG]

Spring - Saturated
                                          [​IMG]

Spring - Pale
                                          [​IMG]

Summer - Regular
                                          [​IMG]

Summer - Saturated
                                          [​IMG]

Summer - Pale
                                          [​IMG]

Winter - Regular
                                          [​IMG]

Winter - Saturated
                                          [​IMG]

Winter - Pale
                                          [​IMG]

Sandy portraits are next. I realized that DNPCC doesn't work with these side characters, so I'm coding my own supplemental mod with CP for them. This should work in tandem with either DNPCC or the CP of seasonal outfits. So far, testing it with DNPCC works perfectly, and there's no overlap with the CP version of seasonal outfits. So if you want to use that version instead of coding them into the main version, Paradigmnomad, that would be fine! There are also config options in the supplemental characters mod that will allow people to turn individual characters off or on, depending if they want them to be seasonal or not.

Yaoilover-89 likes this.