Tutorial Installing mods for Starbound 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by The | Suit, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel23

Pixel23 Aquatic Astronaut

I've tried to install the Orcana mod, and have come across a odd situation.
    I've put the .pak where I'm told to put it, yet when I open Starbound and go to the race selection, it isn't there. I have a race extender, so I should be able to see it, it's just not there. Anybody know why?

2. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

I know it's a stupid question, but did you also make sure you installed the Race Extender correctly? Perhaps try a few different extenders. Some may be outdated and non-functional in current versions.

3. ghostgrider

ghostgrider Master Chief

Sadly, it won't help you at the moment if you are on Mac or Linux, but I've been using ModDrop to manage my mods for me.

The developers are also pretty easy to get a hold of on Discord if you run into any problems.

4. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Oh? A dedicated multi-game mod manager?

That reminds me... I was at one time trying to make an Instance/Mod manager for Starbound in Python.
    Perhaps I should restart work on that... Then again, I didn't get much further than starting to code the UI to look like the mockup.
    sbmm ui mockup.png

5. Jurassicsecurity

Jurassicsecurity Space Hobo

so I am trying to get freaking universe. so far its crashed my game and I cant figure out what to do i have looked throughout the mod looking for the .pak file and I have found nothing so do I need to locate the .metadata file or what could I please get some help.

6. kix1

kix1 Space Hobo

im trying to instal a .zip but once i extract it there is no .pak in there
    (trying to download bigger backpack mod)

7. WillTereika

WillTereika Yeah, You!

There is no metadata file ANYWHERE in my starbound directory... help?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.