1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

we’re planning to have an update ready very soon. We’ll share a post detailing more about that updat

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by glirp, Feb 7, 2019.

1. glirp

glirp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't wait!

What do you guys think the update will be?

2. Aikiro42

Aikiro42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably something Wargroove-related, after rumors about the events in Wargroove occuring after the events of Starbound came around.

Side-missions, maybe? Items and additional content that involves Nuru? uwu

3. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Are you talking about the news we've been waiting for since October 16th 2018?

Yeah...

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Which game do you refer? If it's Starbound, it maybe just a myth.

Eralia and Vrow like this.
  5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

6. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Four months without a blog post, including missing out on Xmas and New Year's, and the long-promised XBox port nowhere in sight. I think it's safe to say Starbound is done at this point. Shame.

Eralia likes this.
  7. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

8. Menecroth

Menecroth Space Hobo

Hello. New to this forum and I've only had the game about a week but I thought I'd put in my two cents.
    I don't know what the game was like in early access but I've very much enjoyed it so far. My only complaints, personally, would be:
    A) The performance issues, which can end up causing character death when the game suddenly freezes momentarily, and :cool: A need for controller support. I understand there is a way to get a controller to work in the game but it sounds like it's more work than it really needs to be.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now.

9. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

The performance issues have been a thing since the beginning. It's sad. Apparently it runs much better on Linux... because... reasons?
    Here's hoping the next update (assuming there ever is a next update) will be optimizations. Honetly who even cares about new content at this point, there are mods for that.
    Just fix the game so it's playable without being physically painful. Ugh...

10. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

yayy time to wait 6 more months for a singluar "Yea we're not dead heres One Chair, bye"

11. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

At what point do we actually get to declare the game dead? It's been a month since their latest game dropped so they don't even have the "working on other projects" excuse.

They aren't even doing the XBox port in house from what I understand, so what exactly is Chucklefish up to?

Eralia likes this.
  12. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Would said chair even have to be included in the game as an update? :)

It's like the communication just died, and its not much better on discord.

13. AbsoluteXeroEX

AbsoluteXeroEX Phantasmal Quasar

"Soon (TM)"

14. Aikiro42

Aikiro42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Y'know, it's a pretty good thing that the game supports (even encourages) mods, given this kind of communication between end-user and developer. Otherwise, the game is already as good as dead.

15. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

With mods...
    upload_2019-3-14_17-48-23.png

Aikiro42 likes this.
  16. Slowther

Slowther Void-Bound Voyager

17. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

I've had a few questions about Starbound lately. We are still working on it and a patch is in the works that adds a bunch of cool new stuff. We're also expanding the Starbound team again for the future.
    4:44 nachm. · 11. Apr. 2019 · Twitter Web App

This Post?
    A Patch????? What is with the update?

18. Catherine Franz

More like when ; n;

19. Slowther

Slowther Void-Bound Voyager

If you haven't seen it, there is a Beta 1.4 patch that released. I'd advise checking it out on Youtube. Just beware, like most Beta-Updates it will delete your characters.

20. Catherine Franz

Mods included? (em fine with new updates as long as the mods are still compatible...PLS BE COMPATIBLE!!!)