1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Cannot start the game

Discussion in 'Support' started by Infrablack, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Infrablack

Infrablack Space Hobo

I recently purchased Stardew Valley from steam, and I haven't been able to boot the game a single time. I have googled and tried every error fix that I could find (reinstall, disable anti-virus, run as admin, fix sound issues, delete roaming data, reinstalling XNA, etc.)

I've been trying for hours, most (if not all of the guides) and now am lost at what to do. I can't seem to find the StardewValley folder in roaming anymore (even with the hidden-file enabled in the appsdata/Roaming, I can't find it).

My question would be: what other solutions should I try? For more background, I can't find the error logs anymore, the game shows "Running" then "Syncing" for a millisecond then terminates (without an error message).

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Since you've tried the common fixes already, the next step is to see what the actual error is. Try this:
      1. Install SMAPI.
      2. Launch the game through SMAPI.
      3. Upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here.
      (You can remove SMAPI later if you don't want mods, we're just using it to intercept the error.)

• girlnamedlance

girlnamedlance Orbital Explorer

I'm having a similar issue. The game runs without SMAPI though, in my case. Here's my log link: https://log.smapi.io/AS0aGmVy

TIA!

EDIT: whoops, realized that I didn't actually update SMAPI like I thought I did. I fixed it, and now I'm running!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
        • Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

You need to update your SMAPI, you're running SMAPI 2.6 while the latest stable version for SDV 1.3.33 is SMAPI 2.10.2 You can download it from http://smapi.io the green button.

• girlnamedlance

girlnamedlance Orbital Explorer

Yeah, thanks, just noticed that when I was rereading the log. It's so much easier to read on that page than on the terminal. I'm glad it exists. Thanks though!

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Anytime :)