Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@zalladane Your new errors are related to Json Assets and More Rings; I suggested reporting it to the mods' author.

• zalladane

zalladane Void-Bound Voyager

should i remove more rings? and mabey a fresh install of json assets?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You could try removing it if you don't need it. The mod author could help more with that error though.

• BunkPlaysGames

BunkPlaysGames Space Hobo

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

You need to update your SMAPI, you're running the beta version of SDV but a stable version of SMAPI. You should download SMAPI 2.11-beta.2 from http://smapi.io

• faa

faa Space Hobo

Please help me. I can't update the latest SMAPI.

Here is my log: https://log.smapi.io/QDSZxL4Z

sorry, I mistake the word:install→update

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@faa See the install guide here for help installing the new version, and feel free to ask if anything is unclear or not working.

• faa

faa Space Hobo

I succeed in update the latest one with ModDrop. Thank you!

• rjftw

rjftw Orbital Explorer

Hey all I got directed to this forum/thread due to my SMAPI crashing repeatedly and was hoping I could get some help with it. I'm assuming it's a mod that's causing it since I have quite a few installed and just need to figure out what I should do to fix the issue. I think it may be Json Assets causing the issue but I'm honestly not sure as when the game initially launches it seems to be fixing issues with the mods that require it. The game will randomly crash out during play so I don't get a chance to see exactly what's causing it, and looking through the log I can't figure it out for anything. My crash log is here: https://log.smapi.io/kZMDh27u

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@rjftw Yep, it's an issue with Json Assets. I've seen a lot of players reporting that, so hopefully the author will release a fix soon.

• DDGamer

DDGamer Void-Bound Voyager

*RESOLVED*

After getting a bunch of other problems finally sorted out, I've now encountered this new one: on year 2 Spirit's Eve when I go to sleep it crashes. I had no problem in year 1.

The first time, I didn't even go to the festival. The second time, I went to the festival and got the gold pumpkin (I already had one from year 1).

The error listed is

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1903 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 345

Which would make sense if a) CA put something in the code to deal with the golden pumpkin infinite duplicate issue and it's buggy and b) it only affected the second crash, because I didn't go to the festival in the first crash incident.

Full log: https://log.smapi.io/FMPEXTwC

So I am baffled now, as the log doesn't even tell me what the item key that's causing the problem is.

Edit: Got it resolved. It had nothing to do with Spirit's Eve, that was just a coincidence. Turns out that LB's Improved Farmhouse causes a crash the day the final (cellar) stage of the farmhouse is completed and all you have to do is remove it for that one day then replace it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
                      • rjftw

rjftw Orbital Explorer

Dang I was hoping it was one of my other mods causing a conflict, with most of them relying on Json Assets looks like I'm kinda out of luck for now. Thanks for the quick answer!

• Skyler70

Skyler70 Space Hobo

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In a rare twist, it looks like I have a report to post, Pathos.

While playing with 2-4 people, we kept getting disconnected. After quitting for the night, i saw this error log. https://log.smapi.io/dRdcUrmT

Now, I can see there's an error with Time Freeze. My question is, can you tell if the second error is also caused by Time Freeze, or does it look to be a separate error? Planning to post this to Time Freeze, but I'd like to make sure I only have 1 error while doing so...

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Skyler70 Does that still happen if you both exit the game entirely, then try it again?

@13akoors I don't think the second error is due to Time Freeze. Is it possible one of the other players has different mods, especially a mod like PyTK with custom networking logic?

• 13akoors

Nope. Completely impossible. None of the other players have done modded before (I had to give them and show them how to install all the files, and had to walk through one person with Discord screen cap)
                              The only possible difference between any files would be a config file for Time Freeze and Fast Animations, and I assume a different config file would prevent gameplay entirely.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• 13akoors

The group hasn't played again since posting. I'll post once we get together again.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

• what-the-hades

what-the-hades Space Hobo

probably a dumb question (i'm super new to modding and not very knowledgeable about technical stuff) but how do you update smapi? is there a certain thing you have to do or do you just download the newest version and it's all good?

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.