Possible to port to Android?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KyRoS37, Feb 7, 2019.

1. KyRoS37

KyRoS37 Orbital Explorer

The game is amazing and I love it. It would be absolutely perfect on mobile as TBS games work very well with touch controls. Any chance of us setting this on mobile?

UnbreakableAlex likes this.
    • 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They've replied in an AMA on Reddit that they were exploring this, but don't hope too much.

• UniBoss75

UniBoss75 Space Hobo

Android is basically Linux with some UI/UX stuff on top so, in theory... Yes? Implementing touchscreen shouldn't be that hard, and the game would most likely sell

• constipatednugget

constipatednugget Void-Bound Voyager

I think a mobile port would be cool, but the more customizable elements like the campaign creator and stuff would in turn be made more tedious just because of the limited size

• UnbreakableAlex

UnbreakableAlex Space Hobo

I bought it for switch and I totally would buy it again for iOS. It would be awesome to see it made for mobile devices. Especially for multiplayer on the go. I don’t know any well balanced TBS Game in Android/iOS that’s like Advance Wars or Wargroove. I tried Polytopia but despite its great graphics and usability, multiplayer is not balanced because of the randomness of your position on the map and it’s random resources.

I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t release Wargroove for Tablets and Phones. There’s plenty of money to make. But maybe it would be to complicated and time consuming to keep the game updated on every platform, who knows.