1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Sandbox 1.5.2

Sanbox turns Starbound into the sandbox game it was always meant to be

1. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

apinanaivot submitted a new mod:

Sandbox - Sanbox turns Starbound into the sandbox game it was always meant to be

Read more about this mod...

2. apinanaivot

apinanaivot updated Sandbox with a new update entry:

1.1 - Bugfixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. apinanaivot

4. apinanaivot

5. apinanaivot

1.3.1 - New updates

6. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

Maybe you should make certain bosses accessible. For example, you could make a Kluex temple that can spawn on radioactive planets and has the Kluex Avatar boss at the end. Or you could make a version of the Erchius Mining facility that spawns on moons. You could even add the Ixodoom without associating it with the story, just make an Ixodoom nest dungeon that spawns on tier 2 planets. You could also make Occasus Cult bases where you can fight Asra Nox. And for Big Ape you could just make a large Miniknong facility with him somewhere in it. And you could make an abandoned castle dungeon where you can fight the Bone Dragon. Finally, The Ruin could get it's own tier 6 planet type! You could make actual planets that in theory are giant living organisms that want to destroy all life in the universe, and you could fight Heart of Ruin simply by going into one of those planet types. It's pretty simple too; the Tentacle planet type already exists (used for the final boss mission), but it doesn't have horizontal graphics or stuff like that. You could make a celestial planet thing that uses the Tentacle planet type. Of course you'd have to make some changes here and there, like removing Asra Nox from the heart chamber, anyway that's my idea, I hope you'll give it some thought.

7. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Yeedo mentioned that he was unable to make Asra Nox or the Ruin a boss in his Sandbound mod(Different Mod, not to be confused with the Sandbox mod)He said whenever he spawned Asra or the Ruin with Admin commands they would just float there waiting for something to happen. So I'm unsure if the author of this mod will be able to make Asra or the Ruin as bosses for this mod, but as for the rest, he should be able to, although the author didn't go too far into detail on what his plans are for this mod.

8. Joseph K

The bosses just require the proper stagehands. For example, Heart of Ruin requires certain objects that are found in the heart chamber, like the enemy spawner, and the decorative organ stuff, and Asra Nox requires stagehands like cultistdashposition and cultistflyingslashposition and Asra Nox also requires the "stagehands:bossmusic" parameter.

9. apinanaivot

Great ideas, if you are interested, any help would be welcome. The scope of this mod is very large for just one person to work on and it would be great to have several modders working on it.

10. Joseph K

Thanks, I'd definitely like to help out with this mod, and if you want I think I can pretty easily make a lot of those boss dungeons if you'd like.

11. apinanaivot

12. apinanaivot

Another way to implement missions would be to make them not related to the story and accessible the same way as the outpost currently is. If you want to make some new features for this mod it's best if you do them in a separate mod folder, then send that to me and I'll merge it with this mod. I could make a discord server at some point to discuss the develpement of this mod. And yes, those dungeons sound good.

13. Joseph K

Alright, I'll get to that and tell you when I've finished the first dungeon (and figured out to get it spawning on planets).

14. apinanaivot

I have no idea how to make dungeons, but they are spawned through terrestrial_worlds.config.patch and .biome.patch files.

15. apinanaivot

1.4 - New progression system

16. Joseph K

I've just about finished the Ixodoom nest. Just one question: do we want boss music to play during the fight?

17. apinanaivot

Well that was fast! Music is probably a good idea.

18. Joseph K

Okay, I should be completely finished soon, but I have to make it spawn naturally on forest planets, so it might take another day.

19. apinanaivot

You can just send it over. I can make it spawn in like 10 minutes. How have you tested it though if you don't have it spawning?

20. Joseph K

Oops sorry, missed this comment. I've tested it by using /placedungeon also by now I've made it spawn on forest planets, but it keeps spawning in awkward locations.

Attached Files:

apinanaivot likes this.