Chat Window Disappears too Fast

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Xylia, May 21, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Seriously, is there a way to make the chat window visible for more than 3 seconds?

I ran into a problem with something and I needed admin commands, and well... I'm not familiar with the admin commands so I did a /help and arrrrgh how are you supposed to use a chat window that disappears every 3 seconds? I read a few of the commands, and the window fades. I have to type another / and the window appears.. and disappears 3 seconds later.

.......sigh.

How do you stop the window from disappearing so fast?

Even putting the cursor in the text entry box doesn't even work...

Solsolis and Ablekaine like this.
  2. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

I have just had a friend encounter this same problem, let's see if we can get this bumped?

Solsolis likes this.
  3. Solsolis

Solsolis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

BUMP. BUMP. BUMP. EVEN IF IT IS NECROBUMP!!!
    Seriously, this is sooooooo annoying. I spend hundreds of hours in the game, I played many times with new characters, but still doesn't f#@&ing know what is the STORY of the game because it is impossible to read what that guy said in the beginning.
    Please do something with it.

4. marc e

marc e Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you playing single player ? I think the chat works for multi player . I'm playing single and was trying to enter admin in single chat and it didn't work. ???

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Chat works in singleplayer, as does /admin.

When you're running Single Player, the game functions pretty much the same with the exception that the Escape menu pauses the game, and nobody can join your game.

6. marc e

marc e Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you . I guess I was under the impression that chat didn't work because I don't know how to do it :). I need to find instructions for this . I'm a new player and 68 yo, so I need simple instructions :).

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

To bring up the chat window, one easy way is to simply type a / . That should make the chat window appear and you can do /commands such as /admin.

I believe the enter key also works but not sure.

8. Solsolis

Solsolis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, the ENTER key works, it brings up the chat window.