1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Bug/Issue [PC] Crash in map editor

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jakapoa, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Jakapoa

Jakapoa Void-Bound Voyager

The crash happened inside of the map editor of the campaign editor, specifically inside of the player properties. The crash happened while I was going through and editing the available commanders for each player (of which there were 8 players). I can't remember exactly when it crashed, but it was either when I went to close a specific player's properties, or when I went to close the overall player properties menu in general.

Log file has been attached to the post, and here's a Dropbox webview if that fails.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
        File size:
        58.9 KB
        Views:
    • Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Did you have a controller plugged in via Xinput at all?
      It seems to be what caused the crash, for some weird reason...

• Jakapoa

I do. I was using a wireless xbox 360 controller conected by usb reciever while playing the campaign & arcade mode earlier, but I had set it off to the side while using the campaign editor. If it did decide to turn off from inactivity, I would not have noticed.

Back when the crash happened, I did read the log and see if disconnecting the controller would crash again. However, I had no luck in replicating it.

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Are you able to continue everything just fine, and the crash isn't causing you to be blocked in anyway?

It's such a weird issue as I've had controllers plugged in constantly, and removing them, letting them sleep. I'm wondering if there is something more to it :confused:
          I'll try and replicate it on my end, and keep an eye on it. Thank you for reporting!

• Jakapoa

The game still runs fine, and I'm quite surprised that the editor actually saved up to the exact moment of the crash (or at least one save prior).

Just going to speculate here, but given the fact that it saved right where I crashed, I'm assuming that the editor auto-saves on closing a properties menu. Including the fact that it crashed right when I closed a menu, I'm wondering if having the input source change/disconnect when the game saves whould cause any issues. That would be a bit hard to check, since the game saves almost instantly.

Or it's just a weird crash. Either way, the game still runs great.