1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CN Survivalist: Resurrection v3.4.15

WILL YOU SURVIVE, AGAIN?

1. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

Does it break by itself?

2. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Only when I interact with the ship's panel, it starts the old quest from the previous versions of this mod. Then when the exclamation mark appears and I accept the quest, the new quest begins, while the old quest is still in my quest list. So wierd. What's more is the pandora's box mod won't function in this new build and I'm unable to use the Techs enabled by Sentient Supper's Combat overhaul mod. Due to these problems, I rolled back to the previous build and everything functions normally in the last build, but things sort of goes out of whack in this new build.

3. ColonolNutty

Did you try the mod by itself though?

4. tigerfestival

Oh no. I guess I'll try that and see what happens. I'm going to assume this doesn't happen to you. Anyway I'll uninstall every mod and see how the game will react.

5. tigerfestival

Ok I tested the mod all by itself, signed off steam, removed all mods from mod folder except CN survivalist 3.4.8 and the result is a bit different. Apparently when I interact with the panel the old build's quest starts and no exclamation mark appears whatsoever. I'm able to start the quest ecxactly like in the previous build. I'll drop you a log to see if there is anything wrong. So to be clear I'm supposed to collect wooden logs as my first quest correct? If that's the case that quest didn't pop up since the exclamation mark won't appear.

Attached Files:

6. ColonolNutty

Yeah, just chop a tree down, I removed the Treated wood as a requirement, although I think it is still required to make a torch. I don't think there is an exclamation mark, since it is a quest "started" by the player and not the AI. Could you see if you can find the mod that broke the start of the quest?

7. tigerfestival

So the player, not the AI starts the quest to collect logs correct? If that's the case then only one part of that is functioning and it's the player starting the quest, but not the log collecting one. As for the mod that broke the quest, I'm not sure which mod it could be, you told me you saw a repeating error regarding IB_Warmth addon. That's Iris Blanch's enhanced temperature. I removed it and got the same result. I honestly have no idea what could be causing the quest issue. My guess might be mods such as sentient supper's combat overhaul, or pandora's monster addition or potentially the mod you released in the workshop regarding farming and cooking and of course Iris Blanc's enhanced temperature, all of these mods affect the very beginning of the game. But as tested without any mods installed the old quest starts as opposed to the wooden log collecting. So I'm not quite sure what's causing these problems. But I'll search around some more to see if I overlooked anything.

8. ColonolNutty

What I meant was, could you readd your mods one by one until you find the culprit(s)?
    I'll make note of the Pandoras Box and Sentient Supper's Combat overhaul mods and see if I can fix compatibility with them.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  9. ColonolNutty

10. ColonolNutty

Alright, I went through different areas of the mod, can you tell me if it has started to work for you?

11. tigerfestival

OK, the culprit was apparently Sandbound(again :rofl:) After removing Sandbound everything was functioning as you said they're supposed to. Weird thing is after reinstalling Sandbound the mod works fine. So all I needed to do was uninstall Sandbound then reinstall it for this mod to work? Strange, but it's working fine now, I started 6 new characters after reinstalling sandbound and it's functioning how it should. Quest started by player, Check, No exclamation mark, check, acquire debris from locker check, collect wooden logs as first quest check. Everything is in good working order. While I'm still unable to use the basic techs enabled by sentient supper's mod, you said the outpost becomes available upon fixing the ship, so that's not much of an issue. Anyway sorry for the MASSIVE headaches, I'm still relatively new to Stardound(been into this game for less than a year)If any new problems spring up I'll inform you. Cheers!

12. ColonolNutty

13. ColonolNutty

The outpost should now become available upon finishing the Survival Quest line, fixing the FTL drive, and acquiring fuel for it. Then you'll get access to the outpost (and your matter manipulator)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  14. tigerfestival

Upon playing and meeting Esther, the Mech Tutorial remains unavailable. The Mech Tutorial should be available after speaking to Esther once like in the vanilla game. Due to this I'm unable to obtain the mech. I hope you can fix it. I think would be best if the Mech Tutorial becomes available after getting the matter manipulator fixed by Esther, so you can be fully equipped and ready to go.

15. ColonolNutty

Hmm, it must be activated via another quest being completed, I'll have a look.
    Edit: I found the problem, I'll see if there are any other quests that are having issues being unlocked. Because it seems alot of them rely on having the "shiprepair" quest completed and not just the gaterepair quest.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  16. ColonolNutty

17. sdereks14

sdereks14 Seal Broken

I really wish I could play this mod, but I got stuck at the beginning. It told me to craft a large campfire, but I didn't have the recipe for it and therefore couldn't do anything. This happened with both a modded race, Avali, and vanilla race which was a human. I'm not sure if its because of a mod that is impacting it, or just a genuine glitch. Another problem could be that I use both Workshop and installed mods, but I'm not sure about that since it got rid of my Machining Table recipe, which was workshop installed.

18. ColonolNutty

Do you have a starbound log file? The campfire recipe is learned upon picking up logs from a chopped down tree.

19. sdereks14

sdereks14 Seal Broken

I never received a recipe, however I still got other recipes from other items like the vine bandages. I'll try to get a log right now.

20. ColonolNutty

You should have gotten logs from the previous quest, 5 wooden logs or did the game let you start on the fire quest before that? o_O