Modding Help Converting .png file to .xnb

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Arknir, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arknir

Arknir Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

Soooo I want to learn how to convert .png files to .xnb files to edit character sprites. I know how to unpack the .xnb file, but after I edit the sprite from the converted .png, I do not know how to convert it back to a .xnb file.

I wanted to replace Willy's sprites with edited Cu Chulainn sprites from the Fate series.
    I'd be extremely grateful if someone converts this for me, otherwise I'd be happy to learn if you don't mind explaining the process!

Willy.png

• Arknir

Nevermind! I learned how to use content patcher!

Pathoschild likes this.
      • coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

that's a bit unfair if you didn't share your mod surely? Because my cousin is taking a like on your mod. so if you don't mind the download link? :rofl:

• Arknir

Oh sure, I'll be glad to share!

I learned how to make a CP version (which was really fun, and I added way too many gag characters in my game), so you need Content Patcher Installed. Just install and unzip into Mods folder!
          It's called [Digipaw's Willy into Cu Chulainn edited by Arknir]
          Here's the link: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/digipaws-willy-into-cu-chulainn-edited-by-arknir.5660/

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Thanks alot, mate. :up:

Yeah I learned it as well and have been.. dealing alot with them. :giggle:
            If you really like converting some mods to CP then why don't you drop yourself here :
            https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/migrating-xnb-mods-to-content-patcher-packs.141577/

• ichichan003

ichichan003 Aquatic Astronaut

how do you use content patcher?? I have a macbook pro, smapi, and content patcher. It's my first time modding for stardew so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@ichichan003 You'd be better off starting a new thread rather than trying to piggyback off this one. Also, note the date of the last post. Necro-posts are only allowed if you remain on topic and the topic is still relevant. Going to lock this.

Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.