Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mio36

mio36 Subatomic Cosmonaut

OML sankyu I will try it out and give you feedback <3
    EDIT: So the pet area and the mailbox work w/o conflicting with Toned SDV I'll check for the coop soon and let you know. Sankyu very much that was the only thing that didnt look good with my Eemie buildings

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Using_XNB_mods
      I see nothing sense of that because Eemie's Buildings replaces the different file, do you mean Eemie's Map Recolour?

blouwho? likes this.
      • Libearty

Libearty Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I don't post often (or at all oTL) but I do use mods and appreciate the work everyone has put into them! That being said, I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having. I'm no expert at these sorts of things, but I'll try to give as much info as possible.

I downloaded the Jac'd Sheds mod earlier today (I've used it maybe a year ago and it worked fine, but now I'm having issues) and it wasn't working right, so I came here looking for a Content Patcher version. And lo and behold, I found one! From this post I've quoted (page 83 if that's needed). But, I'm still having the same issue as before. I've copied the error below. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can solve this issue? Originally the error stated something with Sauvignon in Stardew involved, so I took that mod out, hoping it would solve the issue, but then I was left with this error message.

I've also attached the full SMAPI log so you can see all mods I have in case there's one that's known to do something or other.

Thanks to anyone who can help! I really appreciate it c:

"[game] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3983
        at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2413
        at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )" (no quotations are in the actual error though)

Attached Files:

• coldazrael

blouwho? likes this.
        • Libearty

Thanks! Here's the link: https://log.smapi.io/mFaf8YJ0

And sorry about the text, when I copy-pasted something in it was in HUGE text, so then I tried to bring it down to normal, which I guess is somewhere between 3 and 4, because 3 was too small and 4 is too big.

• coldazrael

It seems the error is coming from the game itself, I guess you can start by updating you smapi to the latest version 1stly. :rolleyes:

• mio36

Does this come with a 'clean' ver of the beds there are only t/f settings?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
              • thunderlovr

thunderlovr Intergalactic Tourist

• mio36

Nono I'm using Toned SDV from LavenderLight that has Eemies Map + a less piss coloured ver of the interiors. Since the original person of the Shane coop mod put picket fences and the Eemie edit in it I was worried it would mess up my Toned mod like the actual Eemie one did cause I'm a dumb

• coldazrael

I don't know about this clean version of the beds, I've extracted the files though. :confused:
                  I'm in the middle of fixing it, and since you are online right now I'd recommend to move to discord if so you will know the progress.
                  https://discord.gg/stardewvalley

No problem ;)

• coldazrael

[CP] Yellog's Dark Brown Furniture
                    -Added clean version for farmer's bed
                    -Configschema value changes for farmerbed : clean, normal, disabled

---
                    Some personal request

Attached Files:

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
                    • thunderlovr

thunderlovr Intergalactic Tourist

I'm trying to use this but starting up and playing the game doesn't create a config.json file for me - is it broken?
                      https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/419 : Here is the original in case somebody wants to convert it to CP again and fix it
                      Please & thank you. :meowlcome:

• kainsgate

kainsgate Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my god thank you so much! You were so fast ;-; <3 thank you for putting in all that work, ahh!

• Libearty

I updated SMAPI and the problem persisted. Decided to try redownloading Stardew and it's still happening. I thought it might have something to do with the Farm map I was using, so I tried it on the original map, but it still happened.

• blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

Many, many thanks.
                            dryad popped error https://log.smapi.io/eKtf7Gec

• coldazrael

Did you use the one from the wiki link? People said it works well but I have no idea if the conversion contains config for it. So do you need like each building is configurable?
                              My pleasure :DD
                              Then ask smapi log why none of your CP mods contained error in it o_O
                              I suggest to ask someone else in discord, because even a map mod were converted to CP, it doesn't guarantee that 100% working and I'm not good with mapping.
                              Sorry, just few typos :rofl:
                              Check the previous link before, it's already fixed. ;)

blouwho? likes this.
                              • forkish5213

forkish5213 Tentacle Wrangler

A minor thing: I've been using the CP version of the item icon overhaul mod, and none of the replacement for machines show up (mayo, oil, recycle, and one else...?).
                                The replacement for aquamarine is not there at all, and I really love the color of the replacement. :cry:

Also in the CP version of eemie's animal replacement mods collection, white chicken cannot be replaced by cardinal; changing the config either way will result in white chicken being replaced by white turkey.

(okay this is turning into multiple minor things) In the CP version of the hope's secret springs cave mod, the cave is very noticeably off center to the left. Not sure if this is normal, but since everything else works fine it is not that big of a deal.

Can someone please fix these (if possible)?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
                                • coldazrael

I'm not quite sure what happened to the icon overhaul mod, every codes are in the right place. Are you sure that you don't have other mods that is patching Craftables.xnb? :confused:

Here's the fix for animal replacement collection, open up the content.json and paste it with this one : https://pastebin.com/9AK5zYik

Normal or not, I'm only converting the mod. I don't have experience with mapping so I'd recommend you to visit the discord page in case someone might be able to help you.

• forkish5213

forkish5213 Tentacle Wrangler

:zombie: Aahhh I have darker wood craftables, that's probably why. But I checked the aquamarine again and it really doesn't seem to be there.

Thanks for the animal replacement fix! I can now finally have that cardinal.:DD

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Hey, sorry to bother with this one again, but I have a quick question..

The spouse outside place looks a little odd, can anything be done about that?
                                      Here's an example:
                                      https://imgur.com/a/4qL77wx

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.