1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mech Overhaul 1.1.4

Primarily replaces the mech energy system with fuel powered mechs.

1. FDAVILOKA

FDAVILOKA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

FDAVILOKA submitted a new mod:

Mech Overhaul - Primarly replaces the mech energy system with erchius fuel powered mechs.

Read more about this mod...

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Will not be compatible with FU at all though.

If you want to do an FU compatible version, hit me up and we can work out permissions for the file use :) I've no qualms on you doing so, just lemme know.

brekerol likes this.
  3. FDAVILOKA

If it's good with you i'd be delighted to make some compatibility patchs, just know that i'm not quite familiar with FU and i'm new to modding in this community.
    Where can we talk more about this?

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

PMs are fine.

Basically all you would need to do is add your fuel bar edit into my mech lua and release it that way. Alternatively, I could include a modified version for FU that allows use of more fuel types. I dont think your horn code would fuse well though, since horns in FU act more as "techs" for mechs, with a mass reducer being one of them.

in any case, send me a message and we can chitchat in detail.

5. FDAVILOKA

FDAVILOKA updated Mech Overhaul with a new update entry:

Stat & manual flight mode changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. DeadSomething

DeadSomething Subatomic Cosmonaut

i don't like too many specific fuels. in some playthroughs you get enough of one but not the other...

7. FDAVILOKA

I did think of that, my solution was to add different fuel types and ratios for them.
    What i'm working as of right now is to keep erchius fuel as one usable fuel and add a specific fuel for mechs that need to be crafted and has a bigger ratio than the others, like 2 fuel per 1 item, different from erchius' 1 fuel per 1 item.

8. DeadSomething

DeadSomething Subatomic Cosmonaut

ah, that sounds like a nice solution.

9. FDAVILOKA

[0.3] Refinery & New fuel types

10. FDAVILOKA

[1.0] Full realease

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  11. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

I really like this mod! I noticed a few things that might be fixed in the update you just posted, but I'm gonna tell you them anyway :eek:
    So the oil distiller can't add stacks of oil together, it'll just swap the stack inside it and the stack in your cursor
    You also can't shift click items in or out of it

amazing mod, by the way :D

12. rl.starbound

rl.starbound Phantasmal Quasar

What do you think about the current fuel ratios? To power the most powerful mech takes 800 fuel units. You'd currently need 400 refined mech fuel, which requires 400 unrefined mech fuel and 40 catalyst, or in other words, 800 oil, 16 violium ore, and 32 core fragments. Alternatively, you can just gather 800 erchius fuel and use that directly. (Also, this mod currently makes solid erchius fuel worth the same as liquid for mechs, but for powering the ship, solid counts double...) Gathering 800 oil and some other stuff per like 10-15 minutes of mech use seems alot of grind.

I was thinking maybe adjust the ratios something like oil = 0.5, liquid erchius = 0.9, solid erchius = 1.8 (counting solid as twice that of liquid just like ship fuel), unrefined mech fuel = 2, refined mech fuel = 4. That would give a final fuel breakdown for the most powerful mech of 200 refined mech fuel = (400 oil, 8 violium ore, and 16 core fragments), or 445 erchius crystals (or 890 liquid erchius, or 400 unrefined mech fuel, or 1600 plain oil, if you use the less-maximally efficient fuels).

13. FDAVILOKA

Based on my time playing with the mod, yeah, I am thinking of changing the numbers on the next update, your suggestion for ratios is really good, it will come on handy.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  14. FDAVILOKA

Bug fixes, balancing and new functionalities

15. Dandion

Dandion Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, dude. Does you mod work with other types of fuel?

16. FDAVILOKA

Not right now, because each fuel type has to be added manually in some config files.

17. rl.starbound

rl.starbound Phantasmal Quasar

Found a somewhat annoying bug that could bite people depending on whether they religiously backup their storage directory. If you install this mod and open the Mech Loadouts screen *before* interacting with the Mech Assembly Table, then your mech configuration gets cleared and you lose whatever parts you had assembled. Until a patch fixes it, the workaround to prevent this is to immediately go to a Mech Assembly Station and interact with it after you've installed this mod; once the Mech Assembly Station initializes some stuff, the Mech Loadouts screen works properly.

18. EarendilTurambar

EarendilTurambar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. FDAVILOKA

This mod is not compatible with cosmetic slots at all, i don't plan to work on a compatibility patch right now for several reasons, for one i don't even know if the two of them would work together, mostly because of how the two are coded.

I'm not saying i will never work on that, just know that i'm really short on time to work on the mod these days, if i have some spare time in the near future will certainly look into it.

20. RedCore22

RedCore22 Void-Bound Voyager

Having an issue.

This a bug?

Attached Files: