1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryh

harryh Developer

Hi sorry no, there are no plans to implement controller support into the menus, which have had to be completely rewritten to support touchscreens.

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi - we don't have a date yet for this. There are a lot of things getting fixed/have been fixed at the moment plus there are some new features, but it's still ongoing work. As the update has a bunch of fixes and new stuff we need to make sure it's been really strongly QA'd before we release it. Please bear with us! :)

Davidovich likes this.
      • harryh

harryh Developer

If the game is auto loading a save at startup, it's looking in the EMERGENCY_SAVE file to find out which save to load. You will see that file in the root folder for the app in iTunes - not in the folder which contains the actual save. Sorry if I've misunderstood what you're saying! If you do find that file, try deleting it and then you'll be able to boot the game into the main menu.

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi - this will be fixed in next update. For the moment, it sounds like the game has 'Menu_Padding' set high - look at the bottom of the options page and lower this slider, then the buttons shouldnn't overlap. If you see an X at the bottom of the screen on the farm, that means that the location you're trying to build at isn't allowed to have a building on it - you might need to clear out whatever's there first so the land is flat.

• LPP121

LPP121 Guest

Stuck in bed

I have the latest version and I’m on year 3 of the game. I upgraded my house for the second time however, when my character woke up after the upgrade was completed, the “country lamp” that had previously been on the right side of the bed is now in the bed on top of my character and preventing her from getting out or even going to sleep. I am unable to move/drag the lamp anywhere. I have tried using all tools, tried running left and right, up and down, eating, even getting to the point of exhaustion just to die and wake up still stuck in the bed.

I’ve done so much and worked so hard I really don’t want to start over. This is such a wonderful game and I truly enjoyed it. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is there anything you can include in your next update that could? I really hope so.
            Thank you.

Edit:
            I should add that I didn't update to the newest version of the game until after this happened.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
            • Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

If devs wound not fix it you could export save game and remove lamp with an editor. You should upload your save game here. How to do this, there is a how to somewhere in this threat.

• Cadenza33

Cadenza33 Space Hobo

Hello. No matter how many copper ores I collect, the Clint furnace cut scene has not happened yet. What do I do?

• patdski

patdski Poptop Tamer

I can’t get Pam’s 9-heart event to trigger. I upgraded her house months ago and have tried entering at several different times of day, but nothing works. I’m told that she doesn’t actually need to be in the house for the event to trigger, which is good since once you repair the bus she is never home at a visitable hour. I think this must be a bug.

• Lillysparrow

Lillysparrow Space Hobo

Now i’m in winter of first year. I dont know what happen all of my community hall bundle and artifact in musuem got reset.

The room in community hall that already fix is stay fix But in the unfix room there are no deposit box for bundle item so now I'm stuck and can't finish the hall forever.

I can still talk to dwarf in mine but All my item in museum are gone.

Attached Files:

• Knakriktsur

Are you sure you mean Pam and not Penny or not 9-heart? According to wiki there is no 9 hard event.

• patdski

patdski Poptop Tamer

Yes, I mean Pam and I mean 9-heart. Check the Wiki again, because it’s very clearly listed there.
                        It’s supposed to occur 4+ days after you build her a new house. You go in and she’s praying to a Sign of the Vessel. I’ve included a screenshot of the article.

I’ve even tried waiting until Spring 25, when Pam is at home in the morning before her appointment at the clinic. Nothing. Something is definitely bugged here.

Attached Files:

• Knakriktsur

You are rigth. I was reading wiki in an other language, there is no 9-heart event listed at hearts events. English wiki shows it though.

• LPP121

LPP121 Guest

I couldn't' find anything on that and I have looked through more than 15 threads. How do I edit my save file with an editor?

• Knakriktsur

1. Download you save from iPhone using iTunes (infos here https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Transfer_a_save ) and make another copy for backup. DO NEVER USE THIS COPY. It`s your backup if you save file gets damaged!
                              2. Use this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/127 to load your save which you had saved on pc before. Klick on load, navigate where you had saved your save. Then in editor klick on "map symbol”, it`s the third from the right. In dropdown choose "FarmHouse" and click on the lamp. Hit del button. Go back to blue chicken symbol and hit save. You should not move lamp because sometimes you can not move items with your character anymore if they were moves by editor.
                              3. Copy your changed save file back to your phone and keep playing.
                              4. Do not lose mind and start cheating with editor, you might lose fun of playing SDV very soon.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
                              • LPP121

LPP121 Guest

Thank you for your help. I will try this out.

• Knakriktsur

You‘re welcome. Please let us hear if it worked as intended.

• Adf1981

Adf1981 Intergalactic Tourist

The other day I noticed my collection of artifacts in the library is gone. First three tables were nearly completed. I still have the rewards collected from donating although it allows me to donate items that I am fairly certain I already have. Example, earth crystal which is found early on in the mine and pretty sure it had be donated previously however can’t prove since it’s gone. Tried going back to previous save but it was the same. Assuming it was a bug and hoping it will be resolved I didn’t get too bummed because I figured I could just rebuild the collection if it wasn’t resolved.

Then I went to check to see which fish I still needed for the fish tank bundle for the community center. This is the last area to be completed for the center and the box to donate items for the bundle is gone. No way to add to complete it. Everything else seems to be normal except for a few minor bugs. Occasionally Harvey who my character is married to walks straight through buildings on the farm but that hasn’t happened in a while. The game was crashing occasionally and or would not advance to the next day when character went to bed. That problem has not occurred since I began saving before going to sleep.

Currently on day 11 of winter, year 4 although it’s been a few days since this started. Playing game on air pad air. iOS is current version and playing latest version on game. Double checked. Really hoping my progress isn’t lost on the donated library items and community center. Not really wanting to start over for it to happen again lol so I plan to just concentrate on other areas of the game for now.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
                                    • beettreat

beettreat Space Hobo

Hi there,

New to the forum so please forgive me if I am missing information or am not doing something quite right!

I am having an issue with hay in the silos not automatically filling the animals troughs daily. I am able to collect hay in the silo, and currently am at full capacity. However, I am having to continue purchasing hay to feed my animals. I currently only have chickens and cows (4 of each) on the hilltop farm. I am using an iPhone 8 Plus. My silo is located on the southwest portion of the farm, near the pond and the area for mining. I moved the silo to see if this helped, from the corner near the pond over about 20 blocks (this is an estimate), and this did not help. It is currently located between my coop and my barn.

Thank you!

• Knakriktsur

Do you have a deluxe coop or delux barn? If not you have to feed four animal by yourself. In coop/barn you can grab hay and place it on where the animals are eating inside barn/coop.
                                        Silo is for storing grass as hay for winter as no grass grows then. Hope I understood you right.

• beettreat

beettreat Space Hobo

Thank you so much! I feel like such a dweeb! I do not have a delux of either, so that is probably my issue... is it hot in here?? Or is it just me, being embarrassed? Thanks again.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.