Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escaleone

Escaleone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. SunTide

SunTide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seconding the request for Custom Paths. The ability to build real roads that have real impact is a very deep change to the game.

• SiderisAnon

SiderisAnon Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much for the information. I had found and tried a Simple Sprinkler 1.6 that SMAPI also did not like, but the one you linked must have been a different update than I found because I was able to load it just fine.

I've grabbed the other one you recommended too, just in case Simple Sprinkler isn't working properly. I'd seen that one on Nexus, but didn't pay much attention as it had last been updated in 2017 and I did not know about the unofficial update.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

You're welcome. The Simple Sprinkler I linked, I edited it so that it would load into the newer version of the game.

• SiderisAnon

SiderisAnon Void-Bound Voyager

Then thank you even more! I really appreciate the time you took to edit the mod.

• DoctorDDub

DoctorDDub Void-Bound Voyager

On a rainy day, when leaving the winery, the rain sounds completely stop.

• RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

I have a question. I really want to use the Quaint Wooden Bridge over Pond(on the farm) mod but I keep being told it is out of date. I checked the mod compatibility page but it says it's broken and not open source. Does that mean it can't be fixed except by the creator? I did try changing the version number in the manifest but I get the feeling there is more to it than that.

• Escaleone

Escaleone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You've got the gist of it. The mod's code needs to be tweaked because new versions of SMAPI or Stardew read commands differently. It's possible to decompile a mod's DLL files and edit/rebuild their code, but that's much messier than having the original code available.

I forget whether manifest settings can "trick" SMAPI into running an outdated mod, but even if it tries, the mod will generally crash as soon it as it hits the outdated bits of code.

• RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know how to do that with a DLL so I guess I'll have to go without the mod until the author updates it. My current farm is probably better off without it anyway as with the way I have my barns/coops fenced, leading up to the back edge of the pond, they would likely get loose if I did have the mod. Thank you.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DoctorDDub Unfortunately I'm only keeping the mod up-to-date, so it's better to report bugs in the original mod to the author instead.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This file is outdated; see mods.smapi.io for the latest updates.

Here's Part of the Community, updated for Stardew Valley 1.3.33 and the upcoming SMAPI 3.0. (I sent a pull request to the author.)

This includes significant refactoring; let me know if you notice any bugs! Changes since 1.1.5-unofficial.6:

• Updated for SMAPI 2.10.1 and 3.0.
                      • Moved player data into the save file. (Existing data will be migrated next time you save.)
                      • Fixed missing/incorrect relationships.
                      • Fixed key-not-found errors in some cases.
                      • Fixed bonus for previously completed bundles reapplied each time a new bundle is completed.
                      • Fixed issues when a horse/pet has the same name as a villager.
                      • Fixed typos.
                      • Improved performance in some cases.
                      • Internal refactoring.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Attached Files:

ladyblooky, c106968, Alaswing and 7 others like this.
                      • Yukidono

Yukidono Intergalactic Tourist

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Yukidono You can check the SMAPI compatibility list for links to the latest updates. Looks like you tried Prismatic Tools 1.7.1-unofficial.1, but the latest version is 1.7.1-unofficial.6.

• Yukidono

thanks a lot i fixed that now!

• uchikun

uchikun Big Damn Hero

• ladywolfram21

ladywolfram21 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, everybody. Wanted to ask for an update on some mods

- Better Quarry
                            - BJS No Clip
                            - Desert Obelisk
                            - Hold To Break Geodes
                            - Pond With Bridge (aka Stone Bridge Over Pond)
                            - Skull Cavern Elevator
                            - Stack Everything
                            - Tree Transplant
                            - Winter Grass

Also, thank you so much for providing updates on existing mods in the meantime. It is very much appreciated

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Yukidono

skill luck not working atm got a level of it while fishing and finding treasures and when i went to bed the game just froze and closed itself. and i only have CJB mod and prismatic tools and they were working fine.

• forkish5213

forkish5213 Tentacle Wrangler

Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.