1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Teleported back to ship after reaching certain points on planets.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mechasonic, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Mechasonic

Mechasonic Void-Bound Voyager

Title pretty much speaks for itself, dunno what else I can do nor could I figure out how to regenerate worlds so I'm pretty much stuck. Couldn't post my entire log on here for some reason either, said the file doesn't have the allowed extension.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The log might appear as only "starbound" in your storage folder. If it still doesnt let you upload you can paste your log on pastebin as well and provide the link.

3. Mechasonic

I figured it out, I think, here we go heres the log.

Update: I deleted all gaming files under steam with starbound and the issue still persists, not sure what else to do.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  4. Mechasonic

About two days later still having trouble, have all my mods removed and a clean game but it's still causing issues.

5. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

Caused by: (DungeonException) Error loading dungeon '/dungeons/microdungeons/randomencounter/generic/randomencounter.dungeon': (DungeonException) Duplicate dungeon part name: avalitradingcaravan

It maybe being caused by one of your avali stuff, I quite busy now so, I will take a better look later
    Buuut, I recommend you take a look at your avali mods. :)

Edit: You seem to have downloaded Avali Triage both in Starbound/Mods folder and Steam workshop, try uninstalling one of them.

Ps: Sorry to comment that but... you seem to have some veeery questionable mods in your game >.>

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  6. Mechasonic

Hmm, strange. I haven't installed Avali mods recently I do have old ones though, could it be a newer mod is conflicting with them?

Also thank you for the response, it's greatly appreciated.

7. SillyLeaf

Since it's a "duplicate error", my biggest shot is that it is getting some incompatibility with you having both Avali Triage in workshop and in the Starbound/Mods folder.
    It can also be being caused by "Avali stuff in fu planets", but, it's less probably

After uninstalling, go to new stars in your universe (like directions that you haven't gone yet), the bugged planets will probably stay bugged.

8. Mechasonic

The planet that bugged is the starter one, the required planet that you need to repair your ship which is.. the problem. If it was any other planets I could avoid it more so.

9. SillyLeaf

Oh, if you're in the beggining just create a new character.
    Take a screenshot from him pressing F12 in the menu, go to options to put in windowed mode and open the screenshot with the character creation to recreate him,

it's the safest way I have in mind... Any way else may cause trouble instead of helping you.

10. GamerJ88

GamerJ88 Void-Bound Voyager

having the same problem where randomly, but repeatably, the screen flashes the background for a sec, then i get teleported back to the ship.

https://pastebin.com/2rJhNda6
    the link should be the log file (for some reason, it saves on my computer as starbound.log.1 and i can't post it)

11. SillyLeaf

[23:54:46.392] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (SpawnTypeDatabaseException) No such spawnType 'needleback'
    The error seems too unspecific, try uninstaling anything that may add some kind of needle and search for new stars to know if the problem continues.