RELEASED Animal Husbandry Mod (former Butcher Mod) [v2.4.1]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Digus, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

I saw now that you are using a new beta version. The bug mighty be related with it. I will test it out.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

The new version changed the method that added items to chest, it now give some error if adding a "null" object.
      I used a chest as a replacement for my custom tools that had attachments to it (feeding basket and Insemination Syringe), and these tools when empty, have a null value in the attachment slot.
      It was easy to fix, I just need to check for nulls before calling the method.

I just release a new version to fix this. It's also compatibly with version 1.3.32, so I'm released it as the main version.

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Brilliant as always, thanks alot man. :up:

• Batta

Batta Intergalactic Tourist

I cannot figure out how to place food into the feeding basket. Can someone please tell me how it works? I've tried to put the basket on the ground, but that doesn't work. Tried clicking a food, then the basket, but obviously that doesn't work either.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Click on the food and right click on the basket. The same way you do do add bait to the rod.

• Batta

Hmm, when I do this, nothing happens. I see a screen pop up over the basket with what looks like a greyed out apple image, but if I right click the basket, nothing happens. If I left click it, the food becomes unselected. Both items are in my inventory (backpack). I have the latest version of animal Husbandry Mod (2.2.2) and DIGUS.MailFrameworkMod

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
              • Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

What are you trying to put in the basket?

• Batta

I've tried a radish and a fish. Also various berries and other food items.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Each animal eat 2-3 kinds of food, and all animals eat cave carrots(least efficient food)
                    If I remember correctly, you can't put in the basket something that no animal eats. So, try putting a cave carrot in it.
                    You can learn about what each animal like watching the "Livin' with the animals" TV channel, on Thursdays and Saturdays. (not every time though, there are some gaps.)

• Batta

I just tried a cave carrot, and I still don't get any option to put it in the feeding basket.
                      Both the cave carrot and the basket are in my active slots.
                      I click cave carrot, then right click the basket.
                      A pop-up shows up, but no way that I can see of getting the cave carrot into the basket.
                      Everytime I try moving it over, the screen disappears.

EDIT: I'm having the exact same problem getting bait into crab pots. I set the crab pot in the water, click the bait in my active window, right click crab pot...and no options come up.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

You should right click the basket, not the empty slot in the description window.
                        Also, you should do it in the inventory, not the bar.
                        Do you have a fishing rod that you can put baits on? it's the same mechanic.

• Batta

Please explain the difference between the inventory and the bar of backpack items? I don't see a difference...
                          Right clicking the basket (or the crab pot, or the fishing rod) brings up the popup window but nothing happens.
                          I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

You should click the cave carrot, it will be "holden in your cursor", if you click in a free space in your inventory, it will be placed there, if you left-click over an item, it will swamp places, but if you right-over the basket, it will be placed "inside" that item. Right-click the basket again, will "remove" the item from the basket and it will be holden in the cursor again.

Here is the wiki description for putting the bait in the fishing rod:
                            "To attach bait to a fishing rod, click on the bait (left-click or right-click, depending on how many you want to pick up), and then right-click on the rod. To remove bait, right-click on the rod."
                            https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Bait

• Lanizee

Lanizee Space Spelunker

Hi there, I just got a few questions to ask:
                              1. There was a moment when my cleaver turned into a driftwood with really long weird name. But when i restart the game, it returned normal. Is this alright to happen?
                              2. Like i described above, my friend in multiplayer accidentally threw the cleaver away, because she thought it was just a driftwood. Is there way to obtain another one? or should i just uninstall mod and reinstall to get another mail with cleaver?

• Batta

Okay, I figured out what I was doing differently. I didn't know that I had to click E to open the big backpack window, in order to put a cave carrot in the feeding basket.
                                So now I just have a couple more questions that should be easier than the original :)
                                - What does the cat eat? Not cave carrots, not any of the fish I've tried.
                                - What do baby chicks eat? Not cave carrots.
                                - I now have 2 cave carrots in my feeding basket. Is there a way to take them back out?
                                Thanks for your help!

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

It's normal. It's the way the mod trick the game into saving the Meat Cleaver. PyTK is responsible for that part. If something does not work, the driftwood is not replaced for the meat cleaver. You can just reload and things come back to normal.
                                  If you trash any of the tools, you will receive another in the game the next day, if you still meet the requirements. (having buildings, animals, friendship,...)
                                  But you can also set a keyboard key to just spawn the tools in the inventory. So you don't need to wait the next day.
                                  On multiplayer the tools can be "lost" when a player is entering or quitting the game. The game serialize things to send them between client and server, so PyTK turn them into replacement objects(the driftwood in the case of the meat cleaver). If something goes wrong when doing so, the replacement object stays and that is why you lose your tool. But if you left it there, they will probably be back to normal the next day or when loading the game.
                                  If that happen every time, them it's probably a new bug.

That is what I tried to tell by saying you needed to do it in the "inventory" the inventory is the backpack window.
                                  The bar is what you see when the menus are closed.

- Cats and dogs eats beef, tuna and another $100 fish that I can't remember.
                                  - Baby chicks should eat the same thing as the chickens, including gave carrots. The only different thing for babies is that they also drink their respective milk.
                                  - Yes, right click the basket.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

bass is the other fish

btw, is there any plan to expand the meat recipes? there are other unused slots on the springobjects sheets and i would be more than happy to help with the graphics side of things

• Batta

I updated a few of my mods, and suddenly the feeding basket is working easily. The chicks and chickens are happy to eat cave carrots, and the cat will eat largemouth bass. All is well. :)

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

No plans to expand the recipes right now. Adding new recipes is something I wanted and more people had requested. But I think it's more important to add new features than recipes.

I"m glad to hear it, I hope you like the mod!

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

that is totally fair, well if you do find the time let me know ^^ i am also willing to send over the modded food for existing recipes if you have any need for that either