1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound freezes upon launching (note i'm not really tech savy)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Anvaloria, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Anvaloria

Anvaloria Space Spelunker

After a year or so of not playing the game I decided to come back and reinstall it, but upon launching the game I reached the Chucklefish logo then the game froze and asked me to either close or wait for a response. Uninstalling and re-installing did nothing and I don't really have any idea on what to do, but I really feel like playing the game. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Lulgius

Lulgius Space Hobo

Hi ! I’ve got the exact same problem, the game crashes when I launch it. I noticed it happened each ime I created a new save file. I have no error message, only a message from windows stating that the game is not responding. I uninstalled and re-installed it and it did nothing. Anyone can help me please ? :(

3. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

we'll need a log from both of you. it can be found in the storage folder where you installed starbound. depending on your computer's settings, its either named "starbound" or "starbound.log"

4. Lulgius

Lulgius Space Hobo

Hey ! Here is my log. Thank very much for your help.

Attached Files:

5. Sky_Hunter

Sky_Hunter Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, i have the same problem too.
    Did you solve it?

6. Nexus Of Chaos

disable discord overlay for starbound

I still need your logs, but try what I just suggested to Lulgius

7. Anvaloria

Anvaloria Space Spelunker

Disabled discord overlay and game actually worked, kinda face palming because something like that was causing it. Endless thanks to Nexus for the help, much love. <3

8. Nexus Of Chaos

hey, i didn't know that could even happen until i had trouble finding out what happened with some1 else's log and some1 jumped in saying it was the discord overlay. turned out they were right

9. Sky_Hunter

Sky_Hunter Void-Bound Voyager

Soooooooo....
    in the end it was only necessary to deactivate the discord overlay.... facepalm

thanks nexus for the help

10. Lulgius

Lulgius Space Hobo

It works for me too. Thank you very much Nexus. I can play again with my girlfriend ! ^^
    (It's a very weird bug...)