spouse room = bathroom

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Zosa, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

is there anyone who'd be willing to turn the spouse room into a bathroom? or even help me with the code part so /i/ can turn it into a bathroom? i am familiar with the existing bathroom mods but i can't sleep in my bed anymore with them and it seems a waste to not use all that lovely room to the right of the farmhouse for anything

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

Were the bathrooms you were trying to use updated for 1.3? An additional bed code was added, so that's what broke those maps. But if you're wanting to turn the Spouse Room into a bathroom, I'd point you to TMXLoader, since simply trying to replace SpouseRoom.tbin will require *a lot* of copy/pasting, and then you could only use the townInteriors sheet. There's a template map for spouse rooms in the optional section of TMXLoader you can modify to your needs. You'll just have to edit the map and then change the spouse in the content.json to whomever you're married to.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i don't know. i never opted in on the newest update and kept my stuff from before. it's been an issue for a long time that some bathroom stuff causes the end-of-day trigger not to register, this would change that by not messing with that stuff at all

i had hoped for something like ran's spouse garden or the s-fv empty spouse room(i would be more than ok making bathroom furniture and placing it) or even just having the devilbro or prismuth bathroom replace the spouse room since i already have graphics for both

• foggywizard

You can use Ran's Spouse garden as a template too, if you'd like. Again, if you're going the TMXLoader route, it's just map editing that needs to be done. I'm not sure if a working tub can be put into the spouse room this way though. I can make the map itself, if you need that part done. I just need a spritesheet to make it with.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

will these help?
            a3.png a4.png a5.png a6.png b7.png Basket.png Shower.png Rug03.png 2016-04-05_180003.png 2041-1523367825-942712908.jpeg HousePlant.png

• foggywizard

I'd prefer to not use assets I don't have permissions for. I suppose I can use Prismuth's, since Z compact Bathroom is stated to be allowed to be reposted, but I can't determine if that's just for recolors or... Hey, Zosa, if you recolor/redesign this how you want and add whatever extra knick-knacks you want I'll be able to make a prototype bathroom.
              zcompactbathroom_tiles.png
              Here's what I've got so far, so you know what area still needs to be filled.
              Screenshot (339).png

• Coolwyngs

It looks amazing

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i already have a sheet for that, i think i should go get it, yeah? X''D

thankyou cool but i am 100% square on art, what i don't have i can make, it is the code bit where i fail X''D

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

• Coolwyngs

those look cool

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

yeah, prismuth was pretty amazing ^^

• foggywizard

Here you go. Just change the person you want to marry in the Content.json and it'll become their Spouse Room. Clicking the sink will allow you to use the Wizard's Shrine to change your appearance, just like Devilbro's bathroom does, since I thought that was more thematic than Prismuth's jukebox sink. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I copied over the water patterns for the original onto your recolor, Zosa. I wanted my water animations to work.
                        Screenshot (340).png

Attached Files:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

that is wonderful! would you be willing to upload it for people who want a bathroom spouseroom?

• foggywizard

I can. It'll take a bit to get to it though.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i don't think anyone would argue it <3

• iridiscencia

iridiscencia Void-Bound Voyager

I really adore this but I'm stuck with this unsightly flooring between my house and the new bathroom. Any tips to help me get rid of it?

Attached Files:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

not really, i use some flowers and a floorlamp from my furniture set to hide it but not everyone uses that furniture set :rofl:

• pluviophist

pluviophist Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is amazing, thanks for your work! However it isn't working for me, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I placed the extracted folder in my mods folder and edited the content file, but my spouse room hasn't changed. Am I supposed to move anything into the Maps folder for it to work?

• foggywizard

You need TMXLoader for it to work.

• foggywizard

You'd have to mess with the code in content.json, but yes. Just making multiple entries and changing them to apply to each spouse should work.