RELEASED Seasonal Outfit Changes

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Tanpoponoko, Mar 24, 2018.

1. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Just a question about the festival portraits and sprites.
    Did they load during the day of the festival or during the festival?

• paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As of now, there’s no way to set something to load only when the festival is happening. So it’ll load during the day of the festival.

• Etherlight

Etherlight Void-Bound Voyager

Is this currently compatible with Longevity/DNPCC? It's...unclear at the moment. I'd definitely like to use it but I noticed that in the first post it says it's supposed to compliment some of the changes made there, and I have a thing about needing a complete set of changes or it irks me. Not to say I don't appreciate all the hard works that's gone into this thus far! It's just a personal issue of mine.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

oops, i forgot about this :rofl: did anyone want me to keep doing cartoony portraits or non? my current mod project is nearly done

• paradigmnomad

That’s up to you! I never got around to adding yours into the beta version because I couldn’t figure out which Harvey sprites were which + I had to remove the backgrounds etc. But feel free to continue or if you’re busy you’re more than welcome to release a sepearate portrait pack when you’re able to!

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i only want to continue if people want the art, there are +30 characters afterall :rofl:

• Etherlight

Etherlight Void-Bound Voyager

This question is vital to my next playthrough. *laughs* If you could let me know I'd appreciate it!

• paradigmnomad

On the Nexus page there’s a DNPCC compatible version. I didn’t make it nor did I test it but it should work.

• Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

Hey! Sorry for the month-long hiatus, but I'll try to pick up where I left off. ^^
                    I've actually finished these portraits a month ago, but couldn't find the time to post it. But either way, enjoy.
                    linus+willy.png

I'm currently working on Mrs. Evelyn, so here's a little preview of her winter portrait.
                    I'll be updating from now on if I can, but not as regularly as I'm able to. ^^
                    Screenshot (1975).png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
                    • paradigmnomad

Looking good!!!

• MAGAknight

MAGAknight Void-Bound Voyager

I really like this mod - but meaning no offense, I generally prefer the vanilla portrait style, and I'm really not a fan of the DCBurger portraits.

And after installing this mod, a few portraits were showing up vanilla, but others were showing up DCBurger. Is fixing this just as simple as changing the first line in the config file?

• paradigmnomad

Yep!

• KillCupido

KillCupido Big Damn Hero

So I don't really get how to get the HQ version of the DCBurger portraits to work. Should I just drop them in a different folder in Portraiture? Or will the portraits not change with the seasons that way?

• paradigmnomad

They won't change. Hence, why the downscaled versions are included in SVO.

• KillCupido

KillCupido Big Damn Hero

Whelp, time to make different folders for different seasons and weather. Thanks for the answer!

• ViolentQuiche

ViolentQuiche Void-Bound Voyager

Hello to all you wonderful immersion-obsessed folk! I made a mod that changes Haley's 8-heart event so that the photo scenery matches the current game art; you're welcome to take them and add Haley's seasonal sprites! Would appreciate a shoutout if you do :3

paradigmnomad likes this.
                                  • amillionand1fandoms

amillionand1fandoms Void-Bound Voyager

I know this was from like 3 months ago, but no one answered it. I completely agree with what Etherlight said and would also like to know how exactly the relationship between Longevity/DNPCC and this mod works.

• Hugal

Hugal Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is broken in Multiplayer, only the host can see the outfits, can't believe no one has seen this already.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

No, that's how all visual content mods are. Mods that make visual changes - Seasonal Outfits, character sprite changes, building redos - are all local to the machine of the person using them and other players need to install the same mods if they want the same visuals. Alternately, they can install different mods for different looks.

randomlybookish and Zosa like this.
                                        • Hugal

Hugal Void-Bound Voyager

both players are using the mod, it doesn't work on multiplayer, there is also a post on nexus talking about this, even if both players have the mod it doesn't work, only the host sees it.

Attached Files: