Which game do you most regret wasting money on?

Discussion in 'Games' started by RogueZephyr, May 25, 2017.

1. EthanGoldring

EthanGoldring Void-Bound Voyager

Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
    The game had a lot of hype along the fact that you could create your own character in the DBZ universe, and that was my motivation to buy the game. But, the gameplay was so poor that make me depressed. I played the whole campaign just throwing enemies and following them, making the kick combo and throwing again, like a ping-pong game, even the final boss had a battle like that. The history wasn't so bad, the bigger problem was the gameplay, it was so boring and had a lot of issues that make you uncomfortable to play, they set lot of enemies in one fight to raise the difficult, but that just increase the ping-pong style of throwing away your enemies and follow them to repeat the same combo, the combos itself are very poor too.
    When the game was recently launch, there were a lot of problems with the multiplayer that made impossible to play with your friends, the first one month of game had the multiplayer totally useless, you couldn't connect, couldn't battle, couldn't do anything.
    I have a feeling of hope on buying xenoverse 2 because I like the history of the game, but I'm afraid that will be the same of xenoverse 1 but with more characters.

2. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't have much regrets on that department because my luck is that I didn't bought much games on PC, most of them were gifts and the games on this platform seem to be mostly broken, unfinished etc. My only regret was listening to friends and luring me into these games which we learned to hate and waste time on it. So my only regret is wasting time on something that worked for a while then started to be unplayable or simply stopped working completely. One of them being even Starbound which I played from the start and from the mech update it doesn't work for me anymore and I learned soon enough I am not the only one. Quite sad really because this was one of my best games on PC.

DemChanges likes this.
  3. therain32114

therain32114 Void-Bound Voyager

no man's sky

4. The Avelon

The Avelon Phantasmal Quasar

Global Agenda. I was the second rated Medic player in the game, despite running a Poison build which everyone would start the match yelling at me for. They were usually grudgingly saying I was the best medic they ever played with but if I only went full heals...

Anyway, I was also one of the first when the crafting system went live to max out crafting and enjoyed running a mod business despite the game's flaws. I founded a mercenary agency, and all was good.

Then they started moving the focus of GA to their storyline, which was fine, and added some premium modifications, which was NOT fine. But seeing that they were never going to pursue the dynamic battle map idea they had talked about in development and they moved to a free to play model and then started adding premium items, one of my favorite games went down the toilet. I uninstalled and haven't been back since.

I wonder if it even still has a playerbase...

5. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

PUBG, the optimisation was terrible, don't know if it has been corrected since. I'm glad Fortnite is free too because that would have been another bad purchase. Glad I avoided Lawbreaker too.

6. Scorchcast

Scorchcast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rust. Rust was a bust haha!

7. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

Sims 4 ... Its such a shame how ea Ruin this franchise !!
    Like a burger without sauce...

AccountPrivacy and FireflyofDoom like this.
  8. FireflyofDoom

FireflyofDoom Aquatic Astronaut

Honestly, I'd have to say the Sims 4. I've sunk waay too much money into that game than it's really worth when EA will just come out with the Sims 5 and start the whole money grabbing process all over again.

9. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

Me too...:zzz:' *shame on me*
    But since the cats&dogs-pack I haven't by another Sims Pack from ea.

I never have buy so many games before like last year. 2017 only Sims.. Again and again.. But not last year.. And the games I bought wasnt wasting! :D

10. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah Sims games are dead for me since the 3rd came out. Terrible performance and the characters looked awful. The first was revolutionary when it came out, that game is a legend, then Sims2 came out it was ok enjoyed quite a lot, played it for couple of years getting everything for it, downloaded bunch of mods even created custom content, was fun. Then they promised us Sims3 being a MMO an online only game which got my interest since back then I just got an internet upgrade and thought I would be able to play this with friends online. But in the end it was just a sort of open world single player mess with lots of game crashes and bugs. I bought a 3 pack for around 4 euros. It had a base game and two expansions. Then someone was selling his origin account and it had lots of expansions so I merged those together into my account. I gave it a chance but the game was broken and everything I wanted it to do it didn't worked. I tried lots of story progression things and they were simply a mess. I wish there was a option to turn off aging for other sims. My family aged slowly yet everyone in the town had couple of generations already. Then Sims4 came out and damn I don't even have words for it really a huge downgrade compared to the previous Sims games. Didn't bothered to try it just watched someone's gameplay and it proved what already knew about it. It's a shameless money grab just like everything else from EA. They were one of the reputable companies now they are a joke.

MrsGuu and DemChanges like this.
  11. santiXpeke3

santiXpeke3 Orbital Explorer

Fallout 76

12. CujoEX

CujoEX Aquatic Astronaut

Second. This game was a major disappointment and I couldn't return it since it was a Collector's Edition.

13. FlinkeMeisje

FlinkeMeisje Space Hobo

Lords of the Realm 3.

I loved Lords of the Realm, and Lords of the Realm 2 was even better! So, naturally, when I saw Lords of the Realm 3 at the store, I snapped it right up. UGH! They "improved" it right into oblivion. So horrible and disappointing.

Never take a turn-based game and change it to real-time! Never take a game with direct control of all the nitty-gritty stuff and change it to "hire a manager, and hope that they make the right decisions" type. UGH!

I couldn't even stand to play it for one whole hour.

AccountPrivacy likes this.
  14. Lexyvil

Lexyvil Orbital Explorer

Pokemon: Let's Go. I bought it thinking the 2-Player experience would be interesting to play with my girlfriend, but it really only makes the game extremely easy, and the mechanic is changed too much from how I was used to in Red/Blue. It was $90 CAD, which is way overpriced for what the game offers. Sadly, we can't return purchases on the Switch as far as I know.

15. Madeliene Madness

Madeliene Madness Space Spelunker

'The Division'. Only got it so I had something to play with the missus. Shortly after I get it, I'm dumped. Even though we tried to remain friends, she betrayed me twice at least. There will come a time when so much as looking at it will remind me of why I don't do 'friends' anymore.

Anyone in the UK interested in buying it?

16. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

For me it's Minecraft Pocket Edition or Bedrock as it's now called. At version 0.14 there was multiplayer through wifi connection (normal multiplayer) and there was some features missing then that I really wanted and they added them in 0.15, but you then had to pay for xbox live gold to play muliplayer on a tablet! Also I never really had enough money for xbox live of any kind. Me and my brother were pi$$ed. He quit playing and I played it by myself for three years after (I forgot my tablet pattern lock, still have the damn thing, just can't use it. :( ) thankfully, my brother got an xbox 360 2 or 3 years ago and we did splitscreen. But there were missing features and the devs decided to abandon 360. Happy ending: We now have a ps4 and Minecraft on it with some other stuff. The only thing I hate about Minecraft was that decision for how multiplayer on Pocket Edition was changed to suck ***********************. Otherwise pretty happy with Minecraft.

P.S. I really needed to get this out and vent. It was the only change made to the game I ever dissliked. And thus, reggret having bought it. (Kinda.)

17. Grifs

Grifs Void-Bound Voyager

Osiris: New Dawn is definitely one. I should've gone with my instincts on being skeptical with open world games back then lol. Thinking of getting Outward as it looks like DeS/DkS but with survival elements although I think I'll wait a little while longer until I can see what they're doing with the game.