1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Magnetzz

Magnetzz Void-Bound Voyager

I had FU installed on a previous server but It was giving us problems. I rented a CreeperHost Server and reinstalled everything onto it. Now whenever I go to start a new game with a new world and character im getting an error that says "Exception caught in the client main loop (Mapexception) Index 62 out of range. I cannot for the life of me figure this out

https://pastebin.com/mig9kqRN

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i cant replicate the issue, so im guessing its a mod compatability issue.

3. Isaacgaret

Isaacgaret Void-Bound Voyager

Just made a speedrun with only the FU. The issue was still there.
    I didn't unlock either the Microsphere Blueprint or the Microbomb Blueprint when I completed all the tech missions, get some Telebrium Bar, get some Trianglium Pyramid, or learn Microsphere using Tech Card.
    What's worse, I can't craft techs I already learned, making it impossible to unlock the Blueprints. Even with the mighty /admin.
    edit: My FU version is 5.6.279, with the Quagmutt update yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

pretty weird that nobody else has reported the issue, then. (literally nobody else)

ill make a note to investigate. its a super-minor issue regardless.

edit: i went in and changed its prereq to the first distortionsphere, since everything requiring that one seem fine. i also increased its recipe requirements since it was far too early-game than it should have been.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. Mayflower

Mayflower Aquatic Astronaut

Sorry to bother you again with this... but FU has fixed/changed/added many things about Starbound right? Would this not also be doable? Or is it from some mod maybe but I don't have any mods altering weapons or anything. and I didn't think FU left vanilla bugs unfixed, sorry!

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

its not a bug in the first place. thats how they are designed to work, to prevent spamming attacks.

7. Mayflower

Oh I see! That seems a little odd though, that you could spam attack it at all. I was just wondering if it was possible to make it not "attack" faster than its supposed to?
    I guess I can use other weapons that don't have the issue but I never really used spears before and I suddenly like them its weird

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

spears are not speed weapons. they are precision weapons :)

9. Mayflower

I don't mean to be a pest but that didn't really tell me anything. I know they aren't speed weapons. Basically what I'm trying to say is every time I click, it attacks when there is >supposed< to be a delay from it attacking.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i still have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. Spears work fine, and always have. I've changed nothing about them, and have no intention of altering them. When you click attack, they attack and cause damage. If you hold the button, they hold out , as intended, to keep enemies at bay.

11. Isaacgaret

You can try mashing the Attack button at a very high speed. (about 5 hits per sec, faster than the spear's rate of fire)
    Oddly this can make the spear attacks have the "supposed" delay.
    At least this works for me.

12. Isaacgaret

Errrr......
    The Tier 7 Disrupter Rifle......
    When it overheats it will let out a SUPER LOUD AND CREEPY sound. (Really the gun IS a disrupter LOL)
    I wonder if that sound's volume can be reduced by a bit.
    edit: It seems that the overheat sound I heard is a same sfx being played multiple times.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

interesting...so you hear it. on my end it wasnt playing it so i was having issues in testing. a simple timer to the sound would likely do the trick.

14. Revenn

Revenn Intergalactic Tourist

Where i can find atom smasher. Does anyone known coordinates where this weapon is spawn?

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it doesnt spawn.

you have a 0.00000001% chance to find it in loot.

the recipe is obtained only by completeing all of Kevins quests at the science outpost.

16. gvancamp

gvancamp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"maxFuel" is set to 1000 in most of the added races ship structure files. Ships are intended to have 10000, are they not? shipupgrades.config.patch doesn't seem to change maxFuel value when maxFuel is explicitly set in a structure file.

17. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

FU redoes the fuel to keep people from jumping all the way around the galaxy too quickly. You can still upgrade your fuel storage building fuel tanks, and one or two of the crew also add to fuel max.

18. gvancamp

gvancamp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe I'm not understanding something, but there seems to be an inconsistency. For example, create a human character. use admin command /spawnitem shipT3, use that item to upgrade ship to T3, you'll have 10000 fuel capacity. Do the same for Nightar, you'll have only 1000 fuel capacity.

Note that this is for "default ship" not "Build Your Own".

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

ship fuel is not handled in the species file. IT is, however, set in the ship file. Ill adjust that, if its possible. thanks. I can only do that with FU-included races though.

edit: ive made the adjustment. i may toy with this now , a little, since this means i can make individual species have more viable ship fuel totals based on lore, etc.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time