Dev Blog Starbound on the Discord Store

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Oct 16, 2018.

1. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

I've found some:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1545926072 <- Mech Blueprints as Quest Rewards
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948813601 <- Craftable Mech Blueprints
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954063152 <- Craftable Salvage Parts
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1036460760 <- Guy who sells Salvage parts

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmm... the craftable salvage parts sounds awesome.

Might have to keep that in mind! hehe

3. RETRO260

RETRO260 Void-Bound Voyager

Never tried FU for now, is it worth a shot ? :eek:

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you've never played it, certainly! It adds what now, like 8-10 new planet types, a huge crafting minigame, a lot of new resources, etc. But I would highly recommend an SSD drive, and a decently beefy computer or you may see a little lag because of just how big the mod has gotten.

The mod has more content than the base game does, by far.

Just one thing to keep in mind though, it isn't for everyone. Some players get lost and confused as to what they should be doing, some players feel a bit overwhelmed by all the resources they need to work with. The authors of the mod have been trying to make it more smooth for new players to get into, so it could be better than I remember (It's been a few months for me).

They have a huge discord channel and if you run into any trouble in FU, you can ask there (though please follow directions if you run into bugs/errors).

5. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Another advice, just remember to backup your savegame before installing the FU mod. As the FU mod will change all of your universe and gameplay, and it is irreversible. So, if you play the game without the FU mod, your savegame will be corrupted.

Another things to remember, that many new planet in FU is not as friendly as the normal one (they're deadly and merciless to new players). Most EPP from the normal one will mostly be useless. You need new equipments to survive the harsh planet's environment.

That's all the advice from me. For the others, you need to explore it by yourself. It is where the fun parts are. :)

6. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Every time I see the blog and see the big letters of the last news after several days without looking, hoping to see a new news of an update, and see instead the usual news: DISCORD ... I'm catching disgust to discord xD

JetPack925 and Sir_Djak like this.
  7. Daikon Ocelot

I guess this thread has gone off-topic. People are supposed to talk about Discord related things in this thread, but all I see is complaint and critique about SB.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I suppose you could say that about many threads on this subforum.

JetPack925 likes this.
  9. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Lool! I know I feel exactly the same way xD

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I wouldn't be disgusted in discord, they had nothing to do with that! lol

11. Magius96

Magius96 Void-Bound Voyager

I think he's complaining about how CF is using Discord and these forums to catch all the negative feedback they get about being silent and not meeting their own promises, instead of dealing with the criticism head on.

12. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Letter to Santa Claus:

I have been good this year, but I only want one thing, an update of Starbound, or I will kill all your reindeer, I know where you live Santa Claus :iswydt:

JetPack925, naprettor, Ickura and 2 others like this.
  13. Daikon Ocelot

I think I am going to help you with that. I will kidnap his elves too, to make it more interesting.

JetPack925 likes this.
  14. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Letter to Melchior Caspar and Balthazar:

Ok :lod: that's how all the Santa Claus reindeer ended, this is Rudolph :iswydt:

[​IMG]

Now I am addressing you, I can not say that it was very good this year, do not judge me, the fault was your friend Santa Claus.

Do you want to know where your gifts are going to end? I'm going to take the gold, incense and myrrh and ... and ... an advice, look for a stopper, you do not want to know where those gifts are going to end up as you do not give me an update :poke: within 4 days.

Always with love and illusion :nod:, oh, by the way, if you have any claim...

[​IMG]

PS: Do not look for heroes, there is no salvation

[​IMG]

PS2: Happy New Year to all!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    JetPack925 likes this.
  15. Daikon Ocelot

Oh God, poor reindeer. He died because of CF doesn't release any updates sooner. I think I am going to attend his funeral ceremony.

JetPack925 likes this.
  16. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

No worries mate, I have done my fair shar of diggin' through game files and whatnots, traveled to Mordor, found Gabe Newell's secret HL3 stash, found EA's customer service employees...... and found the very secretest ultrasuperduperomfglolkek HTML file.

You're welcome.

[​IMG]

(EDIT: the image i've added did not load or something, i've added it the other way, hope you can see my rightclick-to-context-menu skills! xD)

As for adding to the thread, I do agree that CF made one darn mistake, promising weekly updates on the forum, yet the fanbase of Starbound is forgiving-NOT FORGETFUL. They can already feel it, the only problem I'd have (And probably stated before somewhere) is the one not of the updates frequancy. But their overall bail on the bounty hunter update, As much as I understand it is in devs' hands what we get and THEY get to test it out, write it, and THEY have to feel OK with it- it would've been much more OK with US-THE PLAYERS- to test it for ourselves, maybe on unstable again? let the community decide is it worth the effort, because I'd BET it was, rather than scrapping a mighty fine piece of work, it wouldn't have been wrong, I don't think anyone would care of them being unsure of what we get, although starbound has the royal "number one" on the version, it shouldn't mean our feedback since then is going to be dumped! Whaddyathink?

Attached Files:

17. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

The developer has to feel comfortable with the work she is doing, the problem is to talk about it and give news and hopes of an update that was already expected when the first day was announced.

There they made a mistake, it is better the silence to announce something and then cancel it, that provoked to say, worthy in the fans of the game xD, is a personal opinion.

18. Daikon Ocelot

Hmm... why don't they hold up somekind of contest or competition in this forums, I mean just to fill up this emptiness. I think it is not a bad idea to make the community busy with activities, while they're working on whatever they're working on. I guess it is better that nothing at all.

19. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

They just lost their community manager.

lordbociek and Vrow like this.
  20. Daikon Ocelot

So... have they replace it yet? No offense, but there should be someone managing this community, right?