Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

2. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  3. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    MAsker likes this.
  4. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Stardew Notifications
    SDV 1.3.33/SMAPI 3.0

Attached Files:

LexyBiersack likes this.
    • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

• Drake1427

Drake1427 Void-Bound Voyager

• drjonzw

drjonzw Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for all your hard work!

I'm having an issue with Prismatic Tools tho - the sprinklers don't work as lamps. They do work as scarecrows and when I'm holding them they light up but the light turns off as soon as I place it. I know this isn't your mod and you're just keeping it updated but do you maybe have any suggestions? Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@drjonzw Do you know if they were working as lamps in the previous unofficial update? (It's easier to look into if I know when it stopped working.)

• drjonzw

They haven't worked in any of the updates, I've tried them all.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Do you know if it worked in the last official update (before it became incompatible)?

• drjonzw

Unfortunately, I have no idea, I only started using it recently and just your version, the official version was already broken at that point. Never saw any complaints about this issue on the nexxus page so I'm assuming it worked

• rosei21

rosei21 Void-Bound Voyager

on loading you get this message "uses a deprecated code" then says "legacy events are depreciated since smapi " and then says the version 2.8 or 2.9 which ever the mod is so needs updating before it stops working for
                tappers dream :- https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/260 author not been on since oct
                better RNG :- https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/halted-development-smapi-0-39-7-zoryns-mods.108756/ not modding now

also getting on Jsons assets have also posted on one of their pages have only mentioned it here as I know there have been a few bugs for some folks
                the other's I use I have posted on nexus for the authors cheers

• drjonzw

@Pathoschild FYI - I just tried your latest unofficial update on a brand new save with only one other mod active (CBJ Item Spawner so I could get a sprinkler to test) and the sprinklers don't work as lamps once they're placed on the ground just like in my usual , heavily modded save.

• revalleria

revalleria Void-Bound Voyager

[23:22:22 ERROR SMAPI] Skipped mods
                    [23:22:22 ERROR SMAPI] --------------------------------------------------
                    [23:22:22 ERROR SMAPI] These mods could not be added to your game.

[23:22:22 ERROR SMAPI] - Magic 0.1.4-unofficial.2-pathoschild because it's no longer compatible. Please check for a new version at https://mods.smapi.io.
                    [23:22:22 ERROR SMAPI] - Prismatic Tools 1.7.1-unofficial.4-pathoschild because it's no longer compatible. Please check for a new version at https://mods.smapi.io.

sir pathoschild just updated it today right ? but its already incompatible?

• arokken

arokken Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

• revalleria

revalleria Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

You need to update your game to 1.3.33, then; game was updated yesterday.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@drjonzw I'll look into it and release a new update later today.

@rosei21 It's safe to ignore the 'deprecated code' messages for now. Those mean the mod will stop working in SMAPI 3.0, but the authors still have a couple of months to update. I suggest letting the authors know about the message if someone hasn't already. I'm submitting PRs and preparing unofficial updates for the mods that aren't updated by the authors, so by the time SMAPI 3.0 releases at least 95% of open-source should be fine.

• rosei21

rosei21 Void-Bound Voyager

yes I have let the authors know by posting on their nexus pages the ones I posted here are ones I could not find a page for or are being updated here good to know I have a couple of months

Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.