1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Chef Merchant Quests

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GriffinO1, Jan 7, 2019.

1. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

Do the chef merchants give quests that add items to their ship like other merchants do?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Do you mean new item that they sell? I guess they will, but the new item will not be food if I am not mistaken (well, that's what I remember about them, correct me if I am wrong). :)

3. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

Al-Malik is right, even about the merchants not selling new foods after these quests.

4. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

That’s strange, why wouldn’t the chef add a new food item instead of a random thing.

5. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I don't know why, maybe it is because whenever the merchant (whatever the merchant is) ask for quest for stock expansion, they will ask for the material that is not food ingredient (like wood and stone). So, maybe that is why the new item is not food. Food ingredient request usually asked by NPC for giving a gift quest, instead of stock expansion quest.