two fruit trees won't mature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigfootnlc, Jan 8, 2019.

1. bigfootnlc

bigfootnlc Void-Bound Voyager

Greetings:

I see there have been a multitude of posts about placing and growing fruit trees. I have an issue where three of the eighteen trees are not growing/maturing. They've stayed at Stage 1, maybe Stage 2 for over a year now.

One of the three is hidden in the back-right corner behind another tree.

Spacing seems good, but...

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• gummywyrms

gummywyrms Pangalactic Porcupine

The third tree is on the tile right behind the pomegranate tree, right? If so, that's why it won't grow - it needs its own 3x3 space ("ring" of one tile around it).

As for the other two, do you have the torches right in front of them? If so, try removing them. You can add them again once the trees are fully grown, but they won't mature fully if they don't have enough space.

• bigfootnlc

Ah, the torches, I forgot about those. As for the third tree, it's 3 squares to the right of the pomegranate tree and three squares back from the apple tree, in the corner of the greenhouse, so to speak. They're pretty much exactly where the image (https://stardewvalleywiki.com/File:Optimalgreenhousefinal.png) shows they should be. The one exception is that I dropped the apple tree that's to the right of the water tank back to make it easier to get to the tank.

I'll update on how moving the torches helps the two on the left. I'm still not sure about the one on the right...

Thanks!

• gummywyrms

gummywyrms Pangalactic Porcupine

The one in the top right corner of the wiki image? If so, again, it's a torch - the one on the top right border of the fields - that's in the 3x3 area of the tree. Remove that and it should grow.

If it helps, here's a visualization of the space the tree needs:

OOO
          OXO
          OOO

Where X is the tree, and O is a free tile with absolutely nothing placed on it.

• bigfootnlc

OK, you were correct! I removed the torches mentioned and, after a couple of 'weeks' I can see that those three trees are indeed growing now.

THANK YOU!!

gummywyrms and BentFX like this.