Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

I'm at the middle of converting atm. :kitten2:
    Alright then, I was thinking you were okay with separated each hats, each scarecrows and any clutters mixed to one. It would have more than 40 configs. :rofl:
    Sorry lol I mistook the shirt for hairstyle by alicedafox :rofl: Don't worry I'm getting it converted now.

That's odd, I did triple test the mod back then and they are all working and I didn't even change the character sprites. Just how did you install the conversion?

• shushia

shushia Void-Bound Voyager

I just extracted it to the /mods folder, nothing else. I also made sure to only use 1 type (so not variant + village for example)
      the variant one actually causes issues with many more of the sprites, for some reason, despite it changing portraits for less characters

• coldazrael

All the codes I've checked and none of them are set to replace the sprites. o_O
        Could you try running the game without any of those conversions and see what happens?

• coldazrael

@forkish5213 @sylvirec @blouwho?
          Sorry took longer than expected, just realised that I forgot to upload the file :rofl:

Gotama Scarecrows and Hats Mod
          EnableMod : true, false
          Scarecrows/Hats/Horse/Sword : enabled, disabled

New Shirts (Skirts are excluded, only the shirts)

Baechu's Portraits
          Elliott : defaultmod, shorthair, disabled
          Harvey : defaultmod, white, disabled
          Maru : defaultmod, longhair, longhairnoglasses, noglasses, disabled
          Shane : defaultmod, blackshirt, disabled
          (Rest of patched npcs) : enabled, disabled

Pet Totoro
          ToggleMod : cat, dog, horse, disabled

PS : All of the mods above are not tested.

Attached Files:

• sylvirec

sylvirec Space Hobo

thank you so much, they work fine for mee :))

• LeiLei

LeiLei Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I converted Fastoso's Portraits mod into CP version.

I did a recolor of Maru's portrait to match the default sprite, but you can also use the artist's original colors.
              I also included the artist's old Penny portrait.

Values:
              EnableMod: true, false
              Maru: default, original, disabled (default is the recolored version)
              Penny: new, old, disabled
              Everybody else is enabled, disabled.

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
              • forkish5213

forkish5213 Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you so much!

Everything in gotama's mod works fine, except for the statue of fortune which doesn't seem to be effected.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
                • EmiliaGray

EmiliaGray Void-Bound Voyager

• Cassichu

Cassichu Void-Bound Voyager

I'm hoping it will be updated soon, but because of how quick fences decay naturally anyway, I'm afraid to even play my game in fear of all my fences just dying immediately. ;v;

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1180?tab=description

Is anyone able to do a quick patch to this guys' files? I'd do it myself but I've no idea heh.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

One, this is a SMAPI mod and thus can't be converted to CP. Two, the latest version is compatible with 1.3.32 per the compat list

• Cassichu

Cassichu Void-Bound Voyager

Oopsie, sorry. :rofl:
                      IDK why my brain keeps combining SMAPI and CP together. It's awful.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

It's alright, it happens! :)

• Gelomeister

Gelomeister Space Hobo

Can you update this? The Emily xnb seems to be missing in Lumpy space mod
                          Or if somebody have the Lumpy space version of Emily Xnb would really help me out.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
                          • coldazrael

Are you sure you don't have any other mods that replaces the statue?

To be frank, this is my first time I've made a conversion that patches the statue of fortune. But I can make sure the codes are there.
                            It might need another file to be patched just like back then I used to replace the crystal chair but doesn't work until I found it out. Right now I have no idea which file is needed to actually patch the statue.
                            And why do you need the xnb? o_O
                            This is a content patcher mod, also all characters were already packed in the conversion. Not just Emily.

• Gelomeister

Gelomeister Space Hobo

The mod is Lumpy space
                              Im using smapi and the lumpy space portraits is working exept for Emily it says on the smapi code or smomething ( sorry i don't knowwhat its called) that xnb emily is missing and just the emily png is showing in the mod. And when im talking to her it just shows the default one shane and the others are working tho.

• coldazrael

It works well on me. :confused:
                                could you upload your smapi log? https://log.smapi.io/

• Gelomeister

Gelomeister Space Hobo

Thank you so much for the quick help dude. I found a zip file containing this emily xnb I've been looking for. With the reddit post i made earlier. Tnx for being active, wish lumpy space would keep updating it tho.

• coldazrael

I'm not even done helping you out :rofl:
                                    Well then, that's good since you solved your problem. Although I've no idea what kind of method did you used the conversion that ended with errors o_O

• forkish5213

forkish5213 Tentacle Wrangler

...By statue of fortune I meant statue of perfection, it's the purple one that wasn't affected... My bad :facepalm: The statue of fortune works as intended.
                                      No worries I'm only using the hats and horse replacement right now.
                                      And no I don't have any other mods that alter the appearance of craftables/furniture or anything like that.

• coldazrael

https://community.playstarbound.com...ent-patcher-packs.141577/page-53#post-3302894
                                        [CP] OhoDavi's SDV Anime Mod - Added Maru with glasses down that supposed to exist
                                        [CP] OhoDavi's SDV Anime Mod - Added Robin
                                        [CP] OhoDavi's SDV Anime Mod - Configschema reformed

Now that mistake is mine :rofl:
                                        I thought the mod didn't replace the statue of perfection and I just realised it. o_O
                                        Check the previous post where I posted the conversion, I've already fixed it.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.