1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Dialogue On Starbounder Wiki

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GriffinO1, Dec 31, 2018.

1. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

I’ve noticed that with some objects (such as limestone) the wiki only has racial dialogue for Florans, Glitch, and Novakids. Does anybody know why this is? I see it a lot.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I guess it is because they are one of the races that has a very unique accent. If compared with the others, the other races doesn't have much differences when they're talking.

3. GriffinO1

Yes but each race was given a description for each object according to my information.

4. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It could be that those were the only races with unique dialog for that item at the time the item was added to the game and the wiki was never updated.

5. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't blame them. I imagine it'd be a pain in the butt to update all that.

That said, I didn't know the blocks got custom descriptions for each race, now. That's interesting

6. GriffinO1

I can’t blame them either, it’s just odd it’s always Floran, Glitch, and Novakid.

7. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Maybe, it is because they have a very different biological component. Floran made of plants, Glitch made of metal, and Novakid made of gases. I suggest it can be the explanation why they have a very different behavior and accent.