Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euchred

euchred Void-Bound Voyager

Ahh I also wanted to mention that the mods that I want to use are "Artisan Valley," and stuff like "Fantasy Crops." I went down the line of any Json assets mods to add as many crops as I could to the game. The Artisan Valley Machines load in, but they have all jumbled names. I'll provide a screenshot for that too:

https://imgur.com/a/PQaqJtt

I know the first image here is from the Industrialization mod that adds a drill, and an electric furnace, which also seems to have a weird name issue.

• SuperMich

SuperMich Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

I'm using the unofficial versions of luck skill, cooking skill, magic, and the official updated version of spacecore, everything is working fine except for cooking skill, which doesn't seem to show up at all in smapi or in the game, for reference I am using smapi 2.9.3 and SDV 1.3.32.

Could anyone help me or let me know what I'm doing wrong?

• KitsuneJAck1313

KitsuneJAck1313 Space Hobo

you are all amazing but i am having some small issues that just popped up starting today with the PotC mod.... seeing some red on SMAPI for it. I'm new to modding so im not really sure how to tell what the issue is... ^_^;

• Lucky Zippo

Lucky Zippo Void-Bound Voyager

The issue with the names being wrong is from Better Crafting. CFR Machines do that with Better Crafting too.

• DoctorDDub

DoctorDDub Void-Bound Voyager

Is the Distiller profession supposed to be working in this version? I hit level 10 (using CJB Cheats, not sure if that's the issue), and no Distiller profession was given as an option. Went to the sewer, reset skill, slept, and again, no option.

• DoctorDDub

DoctorDDub Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a working version of Stardew Brewery out there anywhere? I'd love to use that mod but sadly it hasn't been updated in quite some time.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you try it again, then upload your SMAPI log to log.smapi.io (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

The unofficial updates fix compatibility with newer versions of the game, but fixing bugs in the original mod are mostly up to the mod author. I suggest reporting that on the mod page instead.

Try deleting Json Assets from your Mods folder, and installing the newer unofficial update linked from mods.smapi.io.

It's safe to delete those folders, they're not being loaded anyway.

• euchred

euchred Void-Bound Voyager

Alright so I'm still getting "Error Items" in Pierre's shop but I'm not sure what those are now. All crops I had previously wanted to show up, and more, are showing up. Buying and trying to use the error items does nothing. I also got rid of better crafting, generic shop extender, and better shop menu mods to see if that helps, and nothing changed. (And better crafting actually helped me sort craftables I think so I need that one back even if it causes weird name problems lol)

Was deleting json asset folders really the only issue as far as json assets not working though? Ahh gosh I thought Vortex mod manager got rid of them when it removed things OTL

Thank you for your help @Pathoschild & @Lucky Zippo

I'm also having some issues with my graphics driver crashing the game, so man I just need to sit back and let things update before I try playing again.If I still see error items I'll try to keep my eye out in the log for what it might not be loading and upload that to a different forum page here that is for that kind of thing. Thanks again guys!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
                  • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

One troubleshooting tip for error items is to also remove all of the JA content packs, boot the game and quit, and then start replacing packs a few at a time. Sometimes it's just JA getting confused when you update.

• Chleiya

Chleiya Phantasmal Quasar

For the prismatic tools, I dont know what I did right but its now working ok again. I dont get any more red warnings.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This file is outdated; see mods.smapi.io for the latest updates.

Here's Better Sprinklers re-updated for the upcoming SMAPI 3.0. (I sent a pull request to the author.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
                        • minervamaga

Would anyone mind taking a look at Big Silo? I just learned about this mod last night and it seems like something I would use. As far as I can tell, it's not on GitHub, but a CS project file is included in the download, and permission is given on the mod page for alteration, etc.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

These files are outdated; see mods.smapi.io for the latest updates.

Here's Big Silo updated for the latest version of the game, including the upcoming SMAPI 3.0. I'll let the author know so they can hopefully release it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
                              minervamaga likes this.
                            • GrimmLordRWBY

GrimmLordRWBY Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone, I've been playing Stardew Valley for a while and just came back after a little break and found several of my favorite mods broken. I wanted to know if anyone has fixed The Level Extender mod yet. If anyone does get it to work please let me and the other users who love this mod know.
                              Anyway big thanks to the users like Pathoschild who make the mods we love and keeps them working for us!

• rosei21

rosei21 Void-Bound Voyager

hi on a smapi mod what does it mean by "uses a deprecated code" then says "legacy events are depreciated since smapi " and then says the version 2.8 or 2.9 which ever the mod is its on white so not an error just interested

• minervamaga

It's just a warning for mod authors that their mods will break in the upcoming SMAPI 3.0. You can report those errors to the mod authors.

• rosei21

rosei21 Void-Bound Voyager

Cheers I will do that there are several like it :laugh:

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Any way anyone could look into updating Better Junimos? Hasn't gotten an update in some time, and I'm completely inept when it comes to code...

• Vanillin

Vanillin Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.