Save file that could complete CC by Fall 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by squigglyruth, Dec 12, 2018.

1. squigglyruth

squigglyruth Pangalactic Porcupine

I've found a save file that, with very careful play, could allow the community centre to be finished by Fall 1. The file number is 188219898.

Mouseypounds' Stardew Predictor https://mouseypounds.github.io/stardew-predictor/shows the travelling cart will provide pumpkin and eggplant, which means the greenhouse could be completed as soon as corn is ripe in the summer. That by itself isn't too unusual, but this file also has walleye (which is otherwise unavailable until a rainy day in Fall), along with red cabbage, rabbit's foot, nautilus shell, truffle and tiger trout (the other Fall fish). The timing isn't perfect - lots of expensive items in Spring - but that's a fine selection of items if you're looking for early completion. The only tricky item missing is the duck feather.

I'm going to give it a go and see if I can pull it off. I think money will be a key consideration, as there are no convenient mushroom levels at the right times, and I'll need to build a lot of farm buildings early on to complete the animal bundle fast enough. I will also have to have enough money to buy three apple trees and a pomegranate on Summer 1 unless the fruit bats have been particularly kind...

Sharing here in case anyone else also wants to try it!

BentFX and One More Day like this.
    • Ssjames26

Ssjames26 Intergalactic Tourist

Once I learned the items that would be difficult to obtain in time (all those you listed of course) I haven't had a hard time finishing the CC in year 1. The biggest concern is usually how early I can push a barn and whether or not to get a pig for the truffe.

My most recent run saw me getting the walleye, tiger trout, nautilus shell and purple cabbage in spring or summer so I got everything done by fall except for the snow yam and crocus. Far as I know you can't obtain those before winter.

• Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can grow them in the greenhouse once it is open to get them before winter.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Obviously they have a chance to appear on the cart, but if they don't then....

You get winter root as a monster drop from killing blue slimes in the mines; it's a reasonably common drop, so just keep slaughtering them until you get a few. Run them through a seed maker and you get winter seeds. Then plant them in your newly unlocked greenhouse and you get all four winter forageables. If you use deluxe speed gro they'll grow in just five days.

• Ssjames26

Ssjames26 Intergalactic Tourist

Ah, I've never stuck foragables in the seed maker before. Makes sense! Yeah...I always end up with a lot of winter root and crystal fruit because I'm farming sprites for the slayer reward.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Each season has only one forage item that can be made into seeds...
              From the Wiki...

• squigglyruth

Update: After a couple of false starts, I managed to make this work. CC finished on Fall 1, ceremony on Fall 2.

ccfall1st.png

Obviously this only worked because I had knowledge about what was coming up on the traveling cart. But it was a fun challenge - I would recommend it to those who enjoy that kind of thing. It definitely made me think hard and refine my play-style.

I think a luckier player might manage to complete on Summer 28 from this start - the fruit bats didn't bring me enough apples for that, but they did bring me 3 peaches and about 6 cherries, so there is probably a reasonable chance of 3 apples in time, as well as a pomegranate.

If you want to try for yourself, there is a mod on Nexus called SetUniqueGameID which would allow you to go from the same start. Or you can edit that manually, I think.

Good luck if you try it!

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

How can you make it 1 Fall if crocus item is only 28 Fall and there is no other way to get it before winter.

• squigglyruth

You can get the crocus by growing winter seeds in your greenhouse. The winter seeds are made in the seedmaker from winter roots, which you get from killing frost jellies in the mine.

The hard thing on this play through is getting the greenhouse early enough to grow winter and autumn seeds, which take 5 days with deluxe speed gro. The hazelnut was actually tougher than the winter forage items, since I played with fruit bats and only harvested a couple of common mushrooms to run through for autumn seeds. Luckily, hazelnut grew from the first one I planted. There wasn't a hazelnut on the map on Fall 1...

kners likes this.
                    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

you can also get them in the traveling cart, i was offered crocus on three separate occasions in my newest playthrough

• kners

@Zosa Right, but we talk about that save - 188219898
                        Predicton put as only 28 fall.
                        Anyway thanks for that info about greenhouse + seedmaker + winter seed it's sounds like doable and funny challenge and I will try it soon.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

oops, sorry X''D

• kners

Sadly this mod don't work now.
                            Is it other way to use this save number at SV 1.4?
                            I need new challenge.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I saw this mod yesterday while searching for others to help a forum member, I thought about post here and gave up because mods aren't very popular but I found interesting.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/5185

It's a randomizer, good for people that already completed the game a million times.

kners likes this.
                              • Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does this save even work for fall CC completion in 1.4? From what I understand, the randomization was changed, so the items in the cart should be different for this ID number.
                                @MouseyPounds could probably confirm that?

That being said, to get a save file with a specific ID number on PC, create a new save file, and then close Stardew without playing the file. Find that save file by opening Windows Explorer, typing in %appdata% (with the percentage signs) in the menu bar*, and then double-clicking on "Stardew Valley". You should see a save file called [Player Name]_[ID number]. I suggest copying this and pasting it somewhere else to have a backup.
                                Change the ID number in that folder name to the number you want. Inside the folder, there should be a file called [Player Name]_[ID number], change that ID number too. Then open the file (using Notepad is fine) and search for "uniqueIDForThisGame". You should find a pair of tags <uniqueIDForThisGame> and <\uniqueIDForThisGame>, with the ID number between them. Change that ID number, save, and close the file. The next time you open Stardew Valley, the file should have the ID number you want.

*EDIT: Not sure if "menu bar" is the right term, but I'm referring to the place that shows what folder you're currently in.

For what it's worth, I saw someone play that randomizer a few months ago on Twitch, and it was pretty prone to crashing and/or giving impossible CC items. Maybe it's been fixed? IDK.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
                                • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Oh I didn't knew that, but the build that I posted is new, maybe they fixed.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, can confirm. Cart logic changed significantly with 1.4 so "good" 1.3 CC save IDs like this one or the one that squigglyruth used for a Summer 16 CC completion may not be so good anymore. You'll have to find new IDs for fast completions in 1.4.

• kners

It's not what I search but this mod is hilarious! Thanks for that info. I try it today and I laught hard many times for exemple when Pam was fishing xD
                                      Idk how random it is but if I can see Linus and Lewis switched it will be coolest thing ever - rich mayor Linus at big house and poor Lewis finding trash at cans xD
                                      Also bundles and craft receipt change everything and it's fun to play like this - way different that always.

I didn't think about that. You are correct.
                                      So question now is if it's even possible to find similar save file for 1.4?

WilliamZ likes this.
                                      • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

You could just roll it back to 1.3 if you want to use this game ID