Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixi.exe

Pixi.exe Void-Bound Voyager

2. Pixi.exe

Pixi.exe Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,
    I wasn't able to find the answer, so I'm sorry in advance if anyone has asked this.

The Better Void Chicken CP - would it be possible to make it like the original mod, where it also replaces the egg and mayo?

I tried using the original mod, but I have a suspicion that it makes some of my items invisible.

Thank you in advance!

• Adilene

Adilene Void-Bound Voyager

I've created a CP version of gelatinveins' Victorian Sprinklers. The original mod can be found here.

If the creator would like to upload this file to their official page, they may do so. If they would like me remove this file, please let me know.

---------------------------

This was my first time creating a CP pack, and modding in general. That took me longer than I expected... Kudos to modders who spend their free time modding.

Attached Files:

dollynevida, Medicell, Clotho and 2 others like this.
      • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Hi!
        I have just downloaded this CP mod from Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1074?tab=description for interiors edit, but I'm getting some weird items, like this:

https://imgur.com/a/UUeWLu3

Also, screenshots show different color pallets, I don't know how to get to use those. I'm assuming it's probably easy, but I did not find the info in the mod page at Nexus..

Is this mod being maintained? Can anyone figure out why some of the items look partially modified?

Thanks!

Edit! Figured out how to change the pallete. Still, I'm seeing weird items and stuff half changed. Also, the kitchen is not changed at all, it's just the vanilla one.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
        • Adilene

Adilene Void-Bound Voyager

I've created CP versions of Eemie's Seasonal Victorian Flowers and Jinxiewinxie's Makeup as Accessories. Eemie's original mod can be found here and Jinxiewinxie's original mod can be found here.

If the creators would like to upload this file to their official pages, they may do so. If they would like me remove this file, please let me know.

Attached Files:

Itxamelia likes this.
          • Inalleon

Inalleon Phantasmal Quasar

• pancakebunnz

pancakebunnz Big Damn Hero

Hello modders and creators! :)

I was looking through the whole 83 pages before I wanted to submit my request, as I didn't want to have it be redundant. I was looking for a darker pathway, and found Eemie's New Paths, located here, and basically was wondering if someone could convert this for CP, or basically confirm that it can be replaced with the xnb files. I'm very VERY rusty at modding for this game, because it's been a while, but again, if someone can convert this for the CP or if someone can tell me what guide to follow, I'd be more than happy to try to attempt it myself. Also I wasn't sure if Eemie gave permission for her mods to be converted, so if they cannot I understand!

Thank you very much!

• sh4d0wpl4y

sh4d0wpl4y Void-Bound Voyager

• pancakebunnz

pancakebunnz Big Damn Hero

Thank you @sh4d0wpl4y ! I guess when scanning I wasn't reading hard enough. Serves me right to post when I had a gut feeling it was hiding somewhere lol!

• winterykite

winterykite Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• alannalapenna

alannalapenna Aquatic Astronaut

hey. I saw your comment on the original mod on nexus so i came here. Thanks for doing th content patch. However, whether i'm using the anniversary or non anniversary, SMAPI is telling me that its isn't a valid .json. I've been trying to look into it but i'm honestly not sure. here's the log:

[Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack 'Better Married Shane - no anniversary'. Technical details:

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at /Users/alannah/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Mods/[CPP] Better Married Shane - anniversary/content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.

Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[0].entries.Rainy_Day_0', line 9, position 4.

at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFileIfExists[TModel] (System.String fullPath, StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialisation.TModel& result) <0x162a9d3b0 + 0x00491> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel] (System.String path) <0x16b2cff40 + 0x000be> in <filename unknown>:0

at ContentPatcher.ModEntry+<GetContentPacks>d__14.MoveNext () <0x16b2cdc50 + 0x001ae> in <filename unknown>:0

any help would be great. thanks

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

@flameofnight, looks like you are missing commas for all of the entries. So your content.json should read like this:

Code:
                  {
                  "Format": "1.0.0",
                  "Changes": [
                  {
                  "Action": "EditData",
                  "Target": "Characters/Dialogue/MarriageDialogueShane",
                  "entries": {
                  "Rainy_Day_0": "I hope Jas and Marnie are doing alright without me.#$e#I'm not too worried... Jas is old enough now to take care of the animals on her own.#$e#She's had to take care of herself for a long time...$2",
                  "Rainy_Day_1": "You know what? I think I've lost some weight since moving in with you. Farming is a lot of work!$1",
                  }
                  }
                  ]
                  }
                  When in doubt, always use commas between entries. Also, the #modding channel in the discord pointed me towards Sublime Text, a great free program that helps when coding jsons by pointing out errors.

• alannalapenna

alannalapenna Aquatic Astronaut

Woah thanks! That program is super helpful. I'll def be using it in the future. I managed to open and fix what was missing along with changing or altering duplicate entries. I tested it in-game and it seems to work fine now. I have the fixed version here (if anyone wants it)

Attached Files:

Keegsmegeegs likes this.
                    • flameofnight

flameofnight Void-Bound Voyager

Odd. Mine's been working for a while, but I re-downloaded the file I uploaded originally and it is absolutely missing commas. Evidently I corrected it on my machine but didn't remember to upload the corrected version - thanks @alannalapenna for doing the correction. At some point I'll try to check the other files I've uploaded and fix them as well if they're broken.

• Cassichu

Cassichu Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
                      • cerrule

cerrule Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
                      • Cassichu

Cassichu Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much! Also, for some reason the Harvest with Scythe mod off of Nexus isn't working. Is it because it's not a CP file or?

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Feels quite dizzy after being back from grave :wot:
                          Capsule Slime Incubator
                          Only Enablemod config with true/false value.

Cerri's Walls and Floors

Emily Sprite Remastered

Four Crystal Path Retextures
                          Sounds crazy but I added seasonal config for it :V.
                          ToggleMod : seasonal, custom, disabled
                          CustomPathColour : ice, pastel, quartz, rainbow

Jac'd Sheds
                          ToggleMod : normal, small, disabled
                          ShedReplace : enabled, disabled

Swimsuits to Towels or Robes
                          EnableMod : true, false
                          ToggleSwimsuit : robe, towel
                          ReinsToggle : reins, noreins

PS : All of the mods are not tested yet, just report here whenever any of those conversions went bugged.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
                          • coldazrael

I believe I'm quite familiar with that 'someone' :sneaky:.
                            Try this on then.

PS : Not tested yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
                            • coldazrael

3-post before christmas :catvanish:
                              I'd be glad to help you out but I don't have the time to fully test the mod itself. I hope that you don't mind this?

Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.