Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@valkryeloyd14 Does it happen if you remove Deep Woods temporarily?

• valkryeloyd14

valkryeloyd14 Aquatic Astronaut

yes it still happen,i notice that some of my mods have updates heres all my files mod after the update my.mixtape.moe/rxxusr.rar and my smapi log https://log.smapi.io/XRM0743w
      i also have extra cabins when i used unlimited player for multiplayer i tried to demolish the buildings because i no longer use them but after i go to sleep it still crash :nuruundead:

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you tried playing with no mods at all, and see if the issue still happens?

• valkryeloyd14

valkryeloyd14 Aquatic Astronaut

if i played with no mods at all,the game wont load :nuruundead: it stuck at loading...

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• esthericious

esthericious Orbital Explorer

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As a start, it seems BJSThunderStorm crashed on launch. Have you tried removing that mod?

• esthericious

Yup, I have tried removing that mod. It seems to be crashing when I spawn charcoal kilns or seasonal decors using CJB items spawner & after placing 5 charcoal kilns & 1 seasonal decor down. It crashes 3 times while I was doing that.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• taiiko

taiiko Intergalactic Tourist

hello!! not sure if this was posted before, but whenever i try to do anything with smapi, i get the "Windows cannot find 'internal/windows-install.exe'." error. anyone know a fix? i'd love to use my mods again ;v;

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• taiiko

ahh i just tried both, neither worked ;; thanks for replying though!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@taiiko Does the file exist if you look at the internal subfolder? If so, what happens if you run it directly?

• taiiko

it installed! and i can run stardew with smapi again, thank you so much!!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Welcome! I don't know why it didn't work through the normal way, but I'll keep an eye out for others having the same issue.

• esthericious

I had get dressed, bathroom after 2nd house upgrade, chic cute kitchens, pet house - CP, Shepard husky dog, babies take after spouse which have all been removed some time ago & the game works fine. The only remaining custom item I have is Pam crow & Pam mask if I'm not mistaken. I only use CP mods.

Here are my save files:
                          my.mixtape.moe/dnwprl
                          my.mixtape.moe/ftynjn

Not sure why there is an old save file & a current save file so I posted both just in case.

Update: I reset content files & reinstall SMAPI. It no longer crashes. Thanks a lot! :)

Update: It crashes again while I was spawning seasonal decor & seasonal plants & placing them
                          Crash log: https://log.smapi.io/HuUydDAR

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@esthericious The BJS mods don't seem to be compatible with MacOS; I suggest reporting it on the Nexus pages with a link to that log. The crash itself seems to be caused by a broken item on your toolbar, but I just added a change in tomorrow's SMAPI 2.9.2 release which will prevent broken items from crashing the game.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.9.2 is now available!

Release notes:
                              • For players:
                                • SMAPI now prevents invalid items from crashing the game on hover.
                                • Fixed some multiplayer features broken when connecting via Steam friends.
                                • Fixed cryptic error message when the game isn't installed correctly.
                                • Fixed error when a mod makes invalid changes to an NPC schedule.
                                • Fixed game launch errors logged as SMAPI instead of game.
                                • Fixed Windows installer adding unneeded Unix launcher to game folder.
                              • For modders:
                                • Moved content pack methods into a new content pack API.
                                • Fixed invalid NPC data propagated when a mod changes NPC dispositions.
                                • Fixed Display.RenderedWorld event broken in SMAPI 2.9.1.
                                • Deprecations:
                                  • The assetData.AsDictionary<TKey, TValue>().Set methods are now deprecated. Mods should access the Data property directly instead.
                                  • The content pack methods directly on helper are now deprecated. Mods should use helper.ContentPacks instead.
                              • For SMAPI developers:
                                • Added SMAPI 3.0 readiness to mod API data.
                              See the release notes and mod compatibility list for more info.

• goldilox

goldilox Yeah, You!

I just downloaded SMAPI 2.9.2 and it crashes when I visit the traveling caravan with a null reference exception. I am running on Steam/Windows 10. Single player game / Summer Year 3.

[SMAPI] The StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
                                System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                at StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ShopMenu.cs:line 1204
                                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1600

Edited to add: I get the same exception when opening sales dialog with Clint to process geodes.

I previously had SMAPI version 2.8.2 running w/o these issues.
                                I upgraded SMAPI just to get the latest Tractor Mod (was previously using 4.7, upgraded to 4.7.2). I haven't made any other mod changes.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@goldilox Fixed in SMAPI 2.9.3, which I'll release later tonight. Thanks for reporting it!

goldilox likes this.
                                  Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.