1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ak96

Ak96 Space Hobo

Hey there.

my version of stardew valley on mobile has a really bad bug.

the calibration for the tap to move and auto tap is off and i cant place any seeds. petting the dog or chicken moves my player in wild circles. also when fishing, when it said Hit! the game immediately crashed afterwards. this happened a total of three times on summer 28 when i was waiting for the event to start so i did some fishing to pass the time and all time attempts crashed the game after the hit text popped up. hopefully this will be patched soon. thanks!

Lori_Bell likes this.
    • Davidovich

Davidovich Void-Bound Voyager

Which version are you using? 1.14 appears to have fixed the issues you're having.

• HappyFarm

HappyFarm Aquatic Astronaut

I lost my red cowboy hat today. I went to bed, and got stuck on the saving screen. After about 5 minutes I closed the game and swiped it. When I went to reopen, it gave me the option to reload from a later save. I said yes.

It took me back to a little earlier that night to the entrance of the mines where the elevator is. I had just completed a quest for Clint, and was ready to go home (12:30 AM). My horse (with my favorite hat) was not there (where I’d left him). No big deal, or so I thought. The next morning my horse was back in his stable sans hat. I was hoping it’d magically be back in my hat chest, but it’s nowhere to be found. Apparently, I’d gotten that hat in Skull Cavern where I plan on never going again, so I guess it’s gone forever. I put it on him because I sometimes have a hard time spotting him and it was the brightest one I had.

I’ve never had a saving issue before. There were several times my game crashed right after a save (at the end of day), but when I restarted the game, it was the following morning and I was good to go. (Other crashes, not during a save, result in having to start the day over.)

This happened after I updated to 1.14. Previous to that, I’d skipped all the updates since the horse-not-leaving-the-farm update - that update seemed pretty stable, with just occasional crashes, so I stuck with it. I’m now having an issue with the Craft Master achievement, so I updated to 1.14 to make sure nothing had changed.

Hopefully, this was a one-time saving issue. It sounds nuts, I know, but I’m really sad about losing that hat.

Edit: That’s supposed to read 12:30 AM, but it won’t let me correct it.
        Edit: twelve-thirty AM

• harryh

harryh Developer

Hi - this can be adjusted in the options menu - Toolbar padding. It should have defaulted to the right size for your iphone X but sounds like it hasn't for some reason.

• harryh

harryh Developer

Thanks for this, it's really appreciated. You're right, we've rushed out too many things that people were asking for too quickly, and ended up with a bunch of issues as a result. Hopefully things are calming down now and we've got a much more stable game now than before. The last issue was a complete messup by us and we apologise for the inconvenience - was a case of trying to fix one thing that was tiny and inadvertantly creating a much bigger issue. We have instigated a new, stricter QA policy going forward which might mean that updates to issues take a little longer but should also mean that we avoid creating problems as we try to solve others.

Thanks again all for your support, we're really grateful to you all for your reports and feedback. :)

Pasteur and Davidovich like this.
            • twice_twotimes

twice_twotimes Space Spelunker

I’ve been using joystick+2 buttons and frequently toggle back to tap to move for some stuff. When I adjust joystick controls I both adjust radius and reposition all three touch areas, but very frequently the positions (but not radius) reset while I’m playing. They don’t jump back to default positions, but seem to all three line up with where I’ve placed the right click button. I can’t figure out when exactly this happens, I think toggling controls is one trigger and restarting the game also seems to be, but sometimes it will have reset every single time I open my inventory.

Unrelated, and possibly not a bug, time progresses during certain cut scenes, including the completed community center scene.

Currently using update 1.14.

• IamSam

IamSam Space Hobo

Can anyone help...just added a kitchen to my farmhouse and now my farmer doesn’t seem to be able to sleep...any ideas please?

update...just went back to the game...farmer was so tired he sat on the floor and went to sleep lol..he woke up in his bed. I noticed that his dog was asleep in the bed so no room for the farmer maybe?

• LilyBurns

LilyBurns Aquatic Astronaut

[​IMG] IOS 1.14 I gifted Robin a cup of coffee and it cloned her.I can’t figure out how to attach the screenshots here.

• Ceil

Ceil Aquatic Astronaut

I've noticed time progression during some cut scenes also that I didn't remember happening on the computer version. I'm using the latest update on an iPad Air, version 12.1.1

• Oriel

Oriel Space Hobo

Game crashed while I was at desert. Upon reload, Pam and Penny are both missing. Have reloaded game multiple times, but they are not present. They still show up on the relationship chart.

• Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

iPhone 7

iOS 12.1.1

SDV1.14

I tested 1.14, here are some todos :).

Incomplete translation
                        • New Options for saving in options menu are English on German language selection ("Swap to previous save" and “Save backup”)

Tapping through toolbar
                        • When I change Toolbar in options (last option at option menu) to make it lager (75 as example) as it is a little easier for me to select Items, I tap through background graphic of menu and my character moves to the left side. I expect that tapping there the whole row would only select the item in it and not move my character. Is this option only for handy with notch? I would like to use this to and not navigate when tapping left side of row. Do you understand what I try to explain? Please reply if you are going to fix this or if you have other plans.

Running toward boxes, barrels and shrubbery like a mad man, then looking away in shame without hitting correct target
                        • There is a bug facing wrong direction with tap to move and attack when attacking barrels and chest in the mine, character facing wrong direction and missing attack. Not every time tough. Character runs direct towards one of these targets, in front of it turns in another direction and swings his sword. Really annoying. Char LVL 25, everything max, fighter -> Brute and lava Katana first, now Galaxy Sword.

Brain lag – no action after reaching destination

• My char wakes up in his bed, I Tab on TV which is next room. My char walks to TV at position I tapped aaaand....noting. He forgot what he should do, no menu what to watch. Have to tap at some tiles away and TV again to work. Also sometimes happening with picking up things from floor like eggs, coconuts... or getting thing from blackberry/salmonberry bush. It seems to happen if character has to move a longer distance. Maybe recalculating other walking path and then forgetting what to do at destination?
                        Many thanks, looking forward for updates. You do good work :). I`m happy to hear that you improve quality control and hope, that further releases have no new annoying bugs :).
                        Thank you for your work [​IMG]:)

Davidovich likes this.
                        • Davidovich

I’m using the English version, so I dont have the issue with translation, obviously. But, every other issue you mentioned, I see in my own playtime as well. In regards to the brain lag, I notice it too, especially when my character is far away from the bin near the house. I’ll tap the bin, he’ll walk to it, open the bin, and do nothing. It’s seems that your assumption might be correct; the farther the distance he has to walk, the more I see this issue. Also, trying to get into my house from a distance causes the same issue too. Thanks for reassuring me that this is not only happening to me. Tapping through the toolbar is a big one for me. I’m constantly having to correct for selecting a tool in the toolbar, while watching my character walk towards the left. I’m really happy that The Secret Police is taking their time to iron out these bugs. I’m confident once they release a patch for these issues, they’ll be corrected for good, no matter how long it takes. Thanks again for posting, and thanks Secret Police for allowing us to share here with you the details of our experiences with this game.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
                          • Etherspinner

Etherspinner Space Hobo

My daughter's save on our iPad mini 4 loops back to the stardew title screen after selecting it to load up.
                            We are super grateful for the game cause she is currently off school with illness and the game is shooting her reading comprehension through the roof and even puzzle solving, I was blown away to see she quickly upgraded her house and had a very smart configuration of barrels in the cellar !

• Pasteur

Pasteur Master Chief

Not a bug, but other versions of the game allows you to turn off harvesting when clicking on Junimo Huts. I would love to see this feature on mobile too!

Edit: After the 1.15 update, I'm no longer able to do activities while riding a horse e.g. fix fences, view shipping boxes, enter the sewers from the forest side, teleport via obelisks, etc... Not sure if these were intended changes.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
                              • Meagan

Meagan Intergalactic Tourist

This also happened to me. My game has not crashed recently, though, but suddenly Pam and Penny are both missing from the town but are still listed on the relationship chart. Noticed when trying to go to the desert and Pam never showed up to the bus stop.

Edit: they’re only missing on Fridays and sundays

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
                                • Oriel

Oriel Space Hobo

Tonight’s new iOS version did not resolve my missing Penny/Pam issue.

• tinapayman

tinapayman Space Hobo

Device: iphone 5s
                                    Issue: catalogue and furniture catalague is unscrollable when buying items

• Davidovich

With the most recent update, sound randomly stops while playing. There’s nothing in particular I’m doing. Just riding my horse, for example, and the sound cuts out. Before the update, the only time the sound cut out was when a phone call came in. In addition, there’s been another sound related issue too - when I’m in the mines, the sound of the pickaxe hitting a rock will cut out. A reset fixes it but not sure why it’s happening.

Also, I just started trying out the virtual joystick controls, and like others have mentioned, once I position them they seem to reset their position to where the game "thinks" they should be, not where I want them to be, if that makes sense. Also, when using them, I can't seem to cast the fishing line with the amount of power that I want to cast. I can only cast the line with the smallest amount of power. Again, I've just started using them to experiment with them, so I'm not sure what's going on. Thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 12.1.1.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
                                      • tobieslr

tobieslr Yeah, You!

Cannot equip iridium band and glow ring in the newest update

• Davidovich

Just a quick question. Not that I’m complaining in any way, but aren’t wood fences supposed to degrade? I built a fence around my coop and barn and it’s been two seasons and not one piece of the fence has degraded. I’ve been keeping extra pieces of fence in my knapsack everyday just in case, but it’s not happening. I kinda like that aspect of the game in other versions I’ve played. Keeps me on my toes and gives me an extra element of care for my farm. Has that aspect been readapted for mobile?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.