1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Ok just wanted to let you know. Thank you though.

2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

The Shield Generators can be crafted at each of the races' racial crafting tables! For the Avikan and Droden, that's the Metalworking Station, for the Trink it's the Circuit Fabricator, and for the Aegi it's the Alliance Multi-fabricator. You'll find it in the furniture tab in each of those crafting tables!

As for Droden story quests, they are on my TO-DO list, but likely won't be added for a while. I want to add story quests and missions for all races at some point, but those are a lot of work as even a single story mission can take months to build. Smaller instanced quests, like the ones where you have to fight miniboss versions of certain drones, are much easier to add and I'll be making more of those too. The Droden will always share the majority of their content with the Avikan - they don't really have a society or culture of their own, so Droden settlements and such are very unlikely to be added - but I definitely want to add some more content unique to the Droden!

Here's an invite link to the Discord server: https://discord.gg/vdM37jw
    It has channels for discussing the mod, the Beta/GitHub version of the mod (which already features an additional playable race) and bug reporting, but there are also several channels for discussing the mod's lore and for out-of-character discussions about the roleplay, which is found on Reddit!

A translation of the mod would definitely be nice, but be warned that there's a lot of content to translate! Another way to contribute to the mod (that don't involve spriting or coding) is simply to share ideas and suggestions for new content: I've found that the community often comes up with cool ideas that I'd never have thought of, and while I won't always be able to add the suggestions, those suggestions can often spark other ideas that help make the mod even more diverse!

Stafath and Drig insarcol like this.
  3. Seberentis

Seberentis Master Chief

I have a question about beacons. How they must work? I install alliance beacon of 2-tier guard and then place alliance deed, but guard not appear instead I get alliance villager. This may be bug?

Drig insarcol likes this.
  4. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

rideable sandworms!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  5. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

Put in a weaponchest as well as the colony deed and the guard beacon. That should work if I remember correctly

6. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ

ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I saw the oil.liquid.patch (something like that) file and the description was "Fresh and clear Water" lol. Also forgot to mention that the pet collection seems to be out of order

7. Aegonian

I'll fix those in the next update!

8. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

So, question, is this allowed, or is it a bug, because if this is okay, then I'm ok with it also, less rooms to maintain xD
    [​IMG]

Also, could it possible to make smaller deeds, with a smaller block/box, cause the current ones seem bigger than thy should

9. DinoExplorer2000

thats a neat setup!
    i dont know if you use the steam workshop Version or download from here, but on the steam workshop theres mods for that. i think fu has some special deeds too.

10. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

oh I dont house any FU mods or anything, but its mostly linked to Elithian races, as I put a vanilla in, everyone complains D:

11. Stafath

Stafath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yikes, after updating the mod today I finally found out why I couldn't spawn in my Akki-Drehk from the vehicle controller (its from my own mini addon/mod). I had forgotten about the particles in particle folder for some unfathomable reason and found them in another mod folder entirely, good grief what a bit of mess.. anyhow here's ought to be a working Akki-Drehk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9nazr4zty2ongy/akkidrehk_2c.rar?dl=0

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  12. DinoExplorer2000

13. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I have a problem. So, I was wandering in one of the Alliance Colony. At the first time, it was pretty nice, I greet everyone, I admire the amazing structure there, and I also loot some resources in their crate. But then, they start accusing me of stealing and start to alert the guards and attack me, because I thought it would not be a problem like in the other vanilla settlements. So, I start to search for another Alliance colony, and avoid taking any resources from their crate, because I thought that's the problem. But again, they keep accusing me for stealing their stuff and they start to attack me again. I mean, oh God! What in Starbound that I do wrong? Then again, I start to look for another one again, and again, and again. But still the same. I figure out that everytime I walk through their main building (the huge tall building in the middle), in the area near the lift (where everybody usually got stuck there), they start to accuse me whenever I get close near that place. It is stressful, now I try to avoid any Aegi settlement that I encounter (the thing I wanted is just to recruit one them as my crew).

By the way, I play as an Aegi, and I use this mod along with some other performance improvement mod.

14. DinoExplorer2000

did you take their soda bottles? aegi get really pissed if you take their bottles
    same With avikan, and any other races With that kind of pickup deco.

15. Aegonian

I released an update on the Steam Workshop yesterday with a redesign of the bunker beneath that main building, since it looked like the NPCs getting stuck on the elevator shaft were the cause of the issue. I haven't been able to fully test it yet, but hopefully this redesign fixes the erroneous theft notifications! I'll be releasing the update here very soon too, so stay tuned for that.

16. Aegonian

Aegonian updated Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion with a new update entry:

v2.3.8 - Steam Workshop Catch-up

Read the rest of this update entry...

Stafath likes this.
  17. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Nope, never. Just like what I said, I didn't take any of their stuff since the first accident.
    Thanks for responding. I will check it out if it fix it or not.

18. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Is the latest version needed the previous version to operate properly? Because the latest update has a lesser file size than the previous update.

19. Aegonian

The file size for 2.3.4 was actually a lot larger than it should have been due to an error on my part. I forgot to delete the .git folder - which is only necessary for the GitHub version of the mod - when I zipped up that version which nearly doubled the total file size. So the latest version, despite being smaller in size, actually contains more content!

ChronoHyperion likes this.
  20. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the response.