1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Mattaclysm

Mattaclysm Tentacle Wrangler

Hey, did something happen to the Aegi portion of this mod? A few days ago I found a way to the Creon Embassy and... uh, turned off protections to jack a bunch of their stuff... cough-cough... and then I logged back on this morning to find all of the stuff I pilfered turned into those green null cube objects. Also, I'm having trouble finding an alliance ship to teleport me back there, but that may just be bad luck on my end. Did the mod update and remove them temporarily? Maybe my life of criminal intrigue's finally caught up with me and I've been banned from the Creon embassy...

2. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Good job. Birb is not pleased by this life of thievery.

3. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

I'd fully support a Russian translation of the mod, but I don't speak the language myself and sadly don't have the time or resources to translate everything. Even just using Google Translate to translate it all would take dozens of hours at least, so unless someone wants to act as a translator the mod will likely stay in English only...

Nothing changed with this mod, the last update was back in October. Did you install any new mods? If you post your log here or on Pastebin, I can look through it to try and identify the cause of the issue!

4. JohnStar145

JohnStar145 Big Damn Hero

Hey Aegonian!!!

can I ask on how to buy and use Avikan vehicles? cause everytime I buy 1 it just turns to a decoration item which I can't use

5. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

to get accses to vehicles you have to do the vanguards quest. talk With the avikan With sunglasses below the red banner, and do his mission. you should get acces to the vehicles after that

Gearzoid II likes this.
  6. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

also check the type, if it says 'decoration' under the name it's not a ridable vehicle.

ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ likes this.
  7. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

The actual vehicles are obtained as controllers.
    The Keffs are obtained from the last quest on the Keffrider questline, obtained in the Starfarers Refuge at the bottom where you can see mechs and Keffs being maintained. There should be a helmetless Avikan who will start the questline. The end quest will unlock the vehicle shop so you can buy the controller.
    The vehicles that are placeable are just decorational. They serve no purpose.

Aegonian likes this.
  8. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ

ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can get an Avikan Keff by completing the Keffrider License quest I think

9. DinoExplorer2000

will there be a Christmas event?

10. Aegonian

I'm not sure if I'll be able to implement one in time, but I do want to add a Christmas or new year's event!

11. DinoExplorer2000

then i suggest a reskin of some of the Objects at the embassy and refugee, to make them look christmassy. and a possible event for newyears is a Merchant who sells items from all previous events? (a great way for those who missed the halloween event, or misplaced some files, to get halloween masks!)

12. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Alternatively the mod could check with the system clock and calendar and adjust current events/content as it changes. Essentially the harrowing would be available on Halloween, with a week leeway in either side to make it fun and less urgent. A player could then also change their system clock manually so that their calendar matches the holiday periods if they want to access holiday content.

A Christmas event would be nice though.

13. Aegonian

I've already written a script for this, actually! It's in the Steam Workshop version of the mod, and now automates the activation and deactivation of timed events. The version of the mod found here is lagging behind a little as I prefer releasing updates here after the Steam Workshop version has had a few hotfixes. Releasing updates here requires a bit more work and also requires manual downloads from every user, so delaying the updates here makes the entire process a bit smoother.

The problem with new events is that the content for them still has to be created: the Harrowing will now automatically return every year, but there are no files for the Christmas/New Year's event yet. And as Christmas is fast approaching, I'm not sure if I'll be able to create that new content in time.

Reskinning objects is still quite a bit of work, though it is something I'm considering! A merchant that sells other event items is a great idea, though I also want to add at least a few new items for the Christmas event. I'm also investigating if making it snow in the Embassy is an option, that'd definitely help make it feel like Christmas!

Drig insarcol likes this.
  14. DinoExplorer2000

SUGGESTIONS FOR CHRISTMAS OBJECTS
    -a snowman With a p-asa hat.
    -a snow trink.
    -the avikan could have a Cactus With Christmas lights and maybe a star on top.
    -possibly buyable santas costume, snowman costume. maybe a tree costume?
    -and aegi and avikan Versions of gingerbread!

Mooncalf99 and Aegonian like this.
  15. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

would the avikan have frozen water drinks? it would get cold in the desert and thus allow for fruit, flower and cactus juices to become like snowcones or similar. otherwise, spiced dunebuns and loftbread sound marvellous. Perhaps the Aegi potted shrubs could be decorated or a decorated version added into the game.

16. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Ideas for Christmas: Sandcrawler Eggnog, Gift Exchange quests, Reindeer antler version of flyable drones, Centensian dressed in red and white sometimes appearing at the outpost, Gift Loot Bags.
    Ideas for New Year: Countdown wired object (can set time in seconds to countdown from, when count reaches 0 activates a node), New Years card delivery quests.

Aegonian likes this.
  17. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

You should really not include the .git folder in your releases. It can potentially make the compressed file size much larger. And most people could just clone it from the repository and not have to use the release from here.

18. ZippoMoon

ZippoMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Aegi definitely need some kind of generator/reactor object, my bunkers utility room is having to make do with Avikan generators which clash with the style horribly.

19. Aegonian

I try to delete that folder when releasing new updates, but it's slipped through a couple of times in between all of the things that need to be done for a new update. I'll try and keep it out of future releases though!

Good suggestion, I'll add Alliance-themed generators to the TO-DO list!

Drig insarcol likes this.
  20. Skayland

Skayland Space Spelunker

Hey! i installed this mod a week ago and its amazing, i wanted to ask you
    how can i get the shield generators?
    Will there be more main quests (story) for the droden?

also, this mod is so good and i saw that you are doing it all by yourself, so i want to help you somehow, im not really good at sprites, but i can do a translation to spanish and maybe portuguesse, at least partially, if that would help (?) i will wait for your response

i loved the vehicles and lore

edit: i heard about a discord RP server about elithian alliance, can i join?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018