1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

iPhone 7

iOS 12.1

SDV1.11

Incomplete translation

• New Options for saving in options menu are English on German language selection ("Swap to previous save" and “Save backup”)

Tapping through toolbar

• When I change Toolbar in options (last option at option menu) to make it bigger (140 as extreme example) as it is a little easier for me to select Items, I tap through background graphic of menu and my character moves to the left side. I expect, that tapping there the whole row would secret the item in it and not only if you hit the icon of object 100%. Is this option only for handy with notch? I would like to use this to and not navigate when tapping left side of row. Do you understand what I try to explain? It might be same what Davidovich reportet on 2.
    There was some buggy facing wrong direction with tap to move and attack when attacking barrels and chest in the mine, character was looking wrong direction and missing attack. I´ll test if this is still a problem in 1.11. If so, I`ll report

/EDIT
    This issue with not hitting Boxes, barrels and shrubbery is still happening. Not every time tough. Character runs direct towards one of this targets, in front of it turns in another direction and swings his sword. Really annoying. Char LVL 25, everything max and lava Katana.

But fighting systems with tap to move & attack works much better now.

Thank you for your work :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
      Davidovich likes this.
    • Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

We've been able to quickly identify a couple issues through the crash logging introduced last patch. Another quick update is available;

1.12 (6 December 2018)
      • Stability improvements to overcome very situational crashing
      • Even more improved error logging

• Nikato

Nikato Space Hobo

I’m having issues with controls on mobile. I’m trying to use the Invisible joystick and 2 buttons option. But the buttons keep resetting. They can’t seem to be saved how I set them up. It’s almost like the game isn’t register saving when I click the check mark. The joystick position is also resetting but I’m more concerned about the buttons.

Hopefully theirs a fix for this. This is my first time trying to get into the game. I want to enjoy it but the touch controls don’t work well for me.

• Davidovich

Davidovich Void-Bound Voyager

Agreed. Combat is better but I can confirm that smashing/chopping objects is still a little funky. The character will frequently face the wrong direction when attempting to do things like cutting down a tree or smashing a barrel. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my character will break a rock and then continue swinging wildly at the air until I command him to stop. I'm sure it'll all get worked out in the future. The Secret Police is on it!

• Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

iPhone 7

iOS 12.1

SDV1.12

I checked 1.12 and all issues still exist (also they have been posted short before your update, so no time to react) :)

You still make a great job, thank you :)

Incomplete translation

• New Options for saving in options menu are English on German language selection ("Swap to previous save" and “Save backup”)

Tapping through toolbar

• When I change Toolbar in options (last option at option menu) to make it bigger (140 as extreme example) as it is a little easier for me to select Items, I tap through background graphic of menu and my character moves to the left side. I expect, that tapping there the whole row would secret the item in it and not only if you hit the icon of object 100%. Is this option only for handy with notch? I would like to use this to and not navigate when tapping left side of row. Do you understand what I try to explain? It might be same what Davidovich reportet on 2.
            • 1.12: selects now the item but still moves character. Not sure if selecting was also happening in 1.11 or just a full tapping through and moving, not remembering.

Running toward boxes, barrels and shrubbery like a mad man, then looking away in shame without hitting traget
            • There is a bug facing wrong direction with tap to move and attack when attacking barrels and chest in the mine, character facing wrong direction and missing attack. Not every time tough. Character runs direct towards one of this targets, in front of it turns in another direction and swings his sword. Really annoying. Char LVL 25, everything max, fighter -> Brute and lava Katana.

Thank you for your work :)

Davidovich likes this.
            • Schaufuss

Schaufuss Seal Broken

On version 1.12 the game freezes on the save screen (when going to bed) - iOS 12.1.1, iPhone X

• haleighelise

haleighelise Space Hobo

Davidovich likes this.
                • Mak196

Mak196 Space Hobo

Version 1.13 (I know the last update says it’s on version 1.12 but my phone says 1.13?)

iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.1

The player is not going to the exact spot selected and also having issues with farming as I cannot select the green spaces to plant/farm, they seem slightly off.

Have exited game a few times but isn’t fixing the issue Im having

V4venus42, Davidovich and NovaPapi like this.
                  • Orangeshirt

Orangeshirt Space Hobo

I used fertilizer and now it won’t let me plant any seeds in the space.

V4venus42 and NovaPapi like this.
                    • Pasteur

Pasteur Master Chief

Couple of bugs after the 1.13 update:

- Highlighted green tiles aren't properly aligned with the actual tiles, and I can't plant fertilizer or seeds on any tilled areas.

- App crashes during fishing (after the "HIT" button pops up and you tap the screen).

- Tapping on an NPC does not talk to them - instead your character "dances" near them. You'd have to tap the character again to talk to them while your character is performing this weird dance.

iPhone 6s, latest iOS version.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
                        rmonster, MooFarmer, porgie and 4 others like this.
                      • NovaPapi

NovaPapi Space Hobo

I’m playing Stardew Valley on Mobile and the new update set the placement off when you tap to move and the worst part is that you can’t plant. It’s not pointing on the tile correctly but only half of it is.
                        View attachment 210122 View attachment 210123

V4venus42, g0ldenarr0w and Davidovich like this.
                        • Davidovich

Davidovich Void-Bound Voyager

Wow. Having the exact same issues. The newest update broke some things. Just like you, I can longer talk to NPC’s. I just dance around them, as you stated. I’m also having the same problem when trying to plant crops. I can’t plant anything. Oh no!! One step forward, two steps back with this newest update, unfortunately. I was gonna play all weekend, but it looks like I’ll be setting this game down for a bit. Maybe that’s a good thing. I’ve been playing it way too much this week. Lol. I really hope harryh reads this quickly though. I do want to play soon. Really anxiously awaiting the fix for being able to tap through the toolbar. Thought that update was gonna hit before the end of the week. I’m sure the time it takes to get through all these bugs takes a while so I’ve gotta be patient. iPhone XR 12.1.1

V4venus42, g0ldenarr0w and NovaPapi like this.
                          • g0ldenarr0w

g0ldenarr0w Void-Bound Voyager

Not just me after all. The tiles are slightly off and the dancing instead of talking to NPCs too. Also, I’m on Fall Yr 1 and when I went to talk to Linus near the right side of the spa where he hangs out, he decides to walk through the barrels and is now glitching at the end of the left screen. I tried restarting, but he’s still there... I’m in the middle of increasing friendship with Linus, but I guess I can’t do that until this is fixed. Hope it can be fixed, so I can play this weekend too :/

Ipad Pro 2018 IOS 12.1

V4venus42 and Davidovich like this.
                            • Maxmccoy

Maxmccoy Space Hobo

Every since the first day of summer on year two, I can no longer fish. As soon as I hook the fish and it goes to pull up the bobbing reel slider, it crashes. Also have difficulty talking to people with the tap controls and the highlighted box for planting seeds does not match the spot it goes on anymore. The new update offset that. And I’d love to be able to catch the last two fish for the community center. Playing on iPhone 8 plus, everything worked fine before the new update

Davidovich and V4venus42 like this.
                              • lowth01

lowth01 Void-Bound Voyager

Bugs for version 1.13 on iOS:
                                iPhone 8
                                iOS 12.1.1

Same issues as mentioned above:
                                Fishing crashes every time when a fish is attached after the “hit” prompt (no problem with catching trash so seems like fishing mini game is bugged).
                                Green box for selecting items using touch or talking to npc’s including pet is misaligned and player sometimes can’t interact because of this.
                                Can’t plant any crops, just will not plant at all.

Unplayable, unfortunately, until these bugs are fixed. None of these bugs happened before update 1.13

Cheers,
                                Paul

Davidovich, V4venus42 and Codeglee like this.
                                • Codeglee

Codeglee Space Hobo

Version 1.13
                                  iPad Pro 12.9”
                                  iOS 12.1

Echoing @lowth01 in that the selection is now off and I can’t fertilise or plant crops at all any more. I’ve had to mine as the only activity possible in this update. Farming game where you can’t farm :p

Davidovich and V4venus42 like this.
                                  • V4venus42

V4venus42 Poptop Tamer

Having the same problems as above comments, also farm animals can’t be petted or milked without “dancing” around them.

Davidovich likes this.
                                    • Accipeter

Accipeter Tentacle Wrangler

Having the same problems.

Davidovich likes this.
                                      • V1rus1196

V1rus1196 Seal Broken

Having same issue during fishing. Apps crashes, can't even fishing...

Before update to 1.13, ver 1.12 don't get this crashes issue.

Game ver: 1.13
                                        iOS 10.3
                                        Iphone 7 plus

Davidovich likes this.
                                        • porgie

porgie Poptop Tamer

Having the same issues as everyone else. Crash at ‘Hit’ when fishing. Dance around NPCs and animals.

ver 1.13
                                          iPhone XS Max

V4venus42 and jaybird84 like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.