Digital [Comic] Avian Handie C. Rafter's Starbound Adventure

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Tyle, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Now all we need are players to re-enact this masterpiece you call comics...(every art is masterpiece for me 'coz i cant rly draw for sh-)

EDIT:where can i find a time machine so i can read all the comics of the future?

kingrec and Tyle like this.
  2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Woah! So, those are your crews, awesome! :up: Hey, you have 10 crews, you can add 2 more crews in your ship. Maybe you can make the comic for your new crew member, just an idea. :)

Wait a minute :catdealwithit: (acting like a detective), how in Starbound that the human with the pink hair has a rocket launcher!? I am so jealous! I mean he is an engineer. The best weapon they could have is a pistol. And... how did you change your crew's uniform without a tailor? Because I don't see that you have any tailor. Hmm... :proper:

Tyle and SillyLeaf like this.
  3. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

It can't be a mod, I've never seen a mod that makes you don't need a tailor... :proper:

4. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Woah, hey, nice sleuthing!

The truth is I have Earth's Finest mod installed that provides some good buffs to crew members e.g. better AIs and specific weapons for specific roles so Engineers like Tlin and Nev get to own rocket launchers, hue...

As per Earth's Finest they all wear hats as part of their uniform (and I stick to default normally) but once I decided on starting the comic I went out of my way to recruit a tailor just to make everyone take off their hats for better reference sprites seen above. Otherwise, they all look like this in my normal gameplay:
    upload_2018-11-30_20-50-26.png
    oh stop it nev you precious bean

Anyway the tailor was fired once I got a good look at everyone but that's not important. Currently I'm not planning to add anymore crew member to the ship seeing as 11 people is a large enough cast to write a story about as it is.

5. Daikon Ocelot

Eh, don't worry, don't be so serious, I am just kidding.

Anyway, the features that mod has is the kind of features I want Starbound to have. I am sick of my crews using a dagger and a shortsword, assault rifle and rocket launcher are better! I have already try to make a suggestion about that to the dev, but alas, they doesn't seem to care about it. :wut:

Uh, sorry, I think this is going off-topic, lets just get back to the main purpose of this thread. :poptop:

kingrec likes this.
  6. Catherine Franz

Ye should try the mod that makes ur own npc 'coz it lets u choose ur own weapon for thay npc (they don't consume it when they spawn so u would still get it back)

7. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

We're entering a new chapter!

[​IMG]

I've been planning to detail how the team came to be in the vein of Five Petals - starting with this strip Past Adventures is what's gonna happen! Stories that happened in the past can be recognized by black frames instead of white and will be generally less silly that the present ones.

Heck, and I was planning to take a hiatus...

8. Catherine Franz

Wonder if there's a crew member that started as an outlaw like how all my crewmates are all of em...(the ones on colony tenant quests)

9. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, no! Someone is going to take them down! Release the flare NOW!!!

Hehehe, you know, because it looks like someone is aiming on them, with a rocket or javelin. Anyway, I am looking forward for this story of the past. keep it up!

(Hmm... I think I am going to make some short comic like this in the future... I guess I need to take some drawing courses then)

kingrec likes this.
  10. Catherine Franz

That scope..yep totally not me aiming at them when I first saw them...(crewmates)

Anyways I can't find a time machine..maybe the remote from Click will be there somewhere? someone google me the link and I'll buy it..or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2018
    kingrec and Daikon Ocelot like this.
  11. Skyfall927

Skyfall927 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm innocent as in with the USCM at Divka III fighting occasus right at the moment.

12. Catherine Franz

Neutral party is always the best...

13. Daikon Ocelot

Hey! How are you doing, Tyle? You're doing okay?

14. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

It's been okay, schedule's loosen up a little recently so I get to draw more than I used to :)

Catherine Franz likes this.
  15. Catherine Franz

Yes..the plan worked..now all I need is to expe- give Tyle a break irl so he/she can make us...serve us....

16. Daikon Ocelot

Good to know you're okay, and still rolling. :)

Catherine Franz and Tyle like this.
  17. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

[​IMG]

time to catch on with that pokemon variants draw meme that happened some years ago and then canonized by Alola forms, lol

18. Daikon Ocelot

Nice... I like all of them! I wish they are exist in the actual Starbound...

I think the ":hylotl:" one is my favorite.

Tyle likes this.
  19. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

The floran one is the best! Just imagine flying heads trying to eat you in a forest, so exciting! :DD

kingrec and Tyle like this.
  20. Catherine Franz

Never heard of this Unova thingie...

kingrec likes this.