Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. kuvni

kuvni Void-Bound Voyager

ss.png
    just the back room of the ship. here's hoping i have enough patience for larger builds..

2. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

3. MadnessHENRY

MadnessHENRY Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, yeah. The jungle, of course, one of the perfect combination with wood, thanks shark
    Welcome to the jungle.PNG

icegriffon, Waagh!, beppewol and 10 others like this.
  4. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Hello again, ladies and gentlemen! It is I, Captain Birdbrain!
    I bring to you, a creation! Albeit not as awesome as everyone else is making!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please do ignore the snow on the would-be smoke xD

As usual when I first get into building again, this is based on something from a game. I took a very liberal approach at rebuilding it in Starbound though.

[​IMG]

If you recognize this game - congratulations! You're old.
    Either that, or you know good games. Again, congratulations!

Y'all stay amazing, and I'll go back into lurking in the back, looking at all the amazing stuff coming by.

5. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

This is dungeon siege 2 And yes i'm old !! [​IMG]

Parrotte likes this.
  6. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Pffft, I'm sure you're not that old!
    I'm barely 21 and I still know the game, love it actually.
    Recently installed the Legends mod, gonna be fun.

But I don't want to stray too far off topic! :rofl:

Drig insarcol likes this.
  7. shark213

shark213 Phantasmal Quasar

8. MadnessHENRY

Nice, may I ask what kind of mod is it, I mean those steel pipe
    56.png

If wood can do it, why don't try stone
    Welcome to the jungle 02.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2019
    Blaine, shark213, The Squid and 7 others like this.
  9. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

The pipe is from the Elithian Races mod. Big Pipe where the top and bottom are separate blocks.

How do you get the grass on stone?

Parrotte likes this.
  10. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

One would assume he used the Ground Seeder mod, which allows you to make spray cans that add various "tile coatings" to tiles.

Blaine and Drig insarcol like this.
  11. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Deco Tool Reborn is what I use. It has three modes: Pick, Draw, and Clear. Pick copies any grass type you click (even modded ones) and also saves them to a list you can select from at any time, allowing you to collect yet one more thing in Starbound. Reminds me of Egon from Ghostbusters. Draw and Clear are pretty self-explanatory.

I used Deco Tool Reborn (to do a bit of post-build cleanup), Prop Pack, and a bit of Nostalgic Greenery to do this alpine build, which I've dubbed The Eishaus Lodge. It's meant to be an alehouse of sorts, not a proper home but a companion to my not-yet-built Aging Alien Alcohols farm and brewing facility (which will be down the hill from the tram). I'm playing an Avikan, but I wanted a change of pace from building Avikan stuff.

Daytime view:
    Starbound Screenshot 2018.12.18 - 07.21.13.20.png

Sunset:

Starbound Screenshot 2018.12.18 - 07.21.47.31.png

Nighttime:

Starbound Screenshot 2018.12.18 - 07.23.55.12.png

12. Blaine

Might as well show my Ce'Tennan underground treasure vault that I built ages ago. It's mainly for bulk storage, so the layout is distressingly symmetrical, but still, I like it.

Starbound Screenshot 2018.12.19 - 07.29.57.59.png

13. Blaine

Right, I've finished the greenhouse and alcohol brewing and barreling facility, completing the Eishaus Lodge build.

As you can see on the left, I've converted one familiar microdungeon into a tram/teleporter landing hut, and another into the brewing and barreling facility, leaving them as intact as possible. On the right (up the same hill; the composited image cuts it off and alters the level) is the greenhouse, complete with water tank (from Enhanced Storage) and pipes (from Shreddy's Complex Blocks).

The tank and pipes are nonfunctional (though there's a ton of water in the tank) but are meant fill the Hydroponic Platforms, which are functional, and slowly move back and forth along the rails, watering the crops. The side rails you see disappearing into the ground terminate at the rail you see at the barreling facility. I drop Storage Platforms onto the greenhouse side rails while harvesting; I can then fill them with produce, close them, and they'll travel down, underground, and finally back to the barreling facility, where they freefall onto the "rail carousel" and remain until I open them to remove the produce. Both the Hydroponic Platforms and Storage Platforms are from Enhanced Rails.

Daytime:
    processingday.png

Nighttime:
    processingnight.png

14. Mr.Manly

Mr.Manly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

15. shark213

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Rakhox, Windtalkers, Pohany and 16 others like this.
  16. MadnessHENRY

Every time I did some buildings, I never thought the title of the builds....... I just do the brain tell me to do.......so maybe I shall call it "The New Year Preparations" 63.PNG 64.PNG

17. Mr.Manly

Mr.Manly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spaceport
    20181230140911_1.jpg 20181230141028_1.jpg 20181230140937_1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  18. Squaky

Squaky Pangalactic Porcupine

Tearing it up. Seeing shit like this and Pohany's stuff makes me keep playing Starbound. Honestly, your builds have got so good over the last six months or so, I come back here just to see your latest project. The perfectionist in me tells me the girder next to the robot should go all the way down, but generally it's just perfect!

Made a few changes to my slum city

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2019
  19. shark213

Thanks mate! it was your slum city that inspires me on my early days of Starbound building, I learned a lot from your blocks combination. Really glad to see you still working on that city!

while the perfectionist in me tells me the rusty sewer tank facing wrong direction :rofl:

20. MadnessHENRY